EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, no need for a custom EDID.

2. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I thought so too. So it's not even turned on :) Thank you!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Olsch

Olsch New Member

Hello
    I have a Epson LS10000 Projektor and i search for the best Edit have everyone this combination and can tell me the best settings for this Projektor

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

I don't understand much about EDIDs.

Do you think it would be useful to save and send you the EDID of my TV to tell me if everything looks good?

5. Markswift2003

Of course - I'm sure it's fine, but I'm happy to have a look...

To be sure it's correct, make sure the Zidoo is directly connected to the TV.

6. OlivierQC

Thanks you so much Mark

I will send you this tomorrow morning (local time)

7. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Hi Mark,

For the uninitiated, while still catching up on the thread, can I check what's the best option for a LG CX Oled?

I'm using this currently.

Zidoo z9x is connected to a Denon 3600 AVR then to LG CX...

Current setting:

TV Led
    Custom EDID turn off
    HDR option set to VS10 for DV content only
    HDR deep color ON

Like to hear your opinion. Anything missing and why not using the alternate option eg player led.

Many thanks in advance...

8. zappa

zappa New Member

Sony TV 55xh9505, настройки которого вы рекомендуете на zidoo z9x. Is it necessary to change something with edid? Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  9. Markswift2003

I assume when you say "HDR deep color ON" you mean Colour Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode?

In which case that should be off.

I'd also Set HDR to "Auto" - there's no reason to use "VS10 for DV content only" since your TV is DV

Check my recommendations here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

And yeah, stick with TV Led - no need to use Player Led with your TV (I'm not even 100% sure it supports Player Led - depends on the year with LGs)

10. OlivierQC

11. Markswift2003

12. OlivierQC

Thanks Mark,

77A9G

If it's possible to tell me if you see anything abnormal that would be due to bad choices of settings with my TV and my Zidoo ?

I have the possibility to use the settings recommended by D-Nice for the A9G without calibration, I don't know if this would have changed anything to the EDID

13. Markswift2003

No, there's nothing unusual there at all. It supports full HDMI 2 video (18GBps, 600MHz signals) and Dolby Vision (LLDV only).

Nothing abnormal as you'd expect from Sony.

Full report is attached, including decoding the Dolby block.

Attached Files:

14. OlivierQC

Thansk Marks ;)

15. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Tks Mark. Works well based in your recommendations. I've tried player led as well and it works.

By the way, any merits of using vs10 engine for hdr10 ot sdr contents as well?

16. Markswift2003

Try it and see if you like it - with your TV it will map SDR and HDR10 into Dolby Vision so it's personal preference.

17. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Hi Mark!
    Please see my file. Which EDID is right for me or can I just turn it off in the settings?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

18. serg fedorov

By the way, the pairing time of the X70-90 is very short, about 5-7 seconds.

19. Markswift2003

There's nothing to be gained with a custom EDID with that projector so leave it turned off.

If you can export the full EDID from Settings/Display/Custom EDID/"Save EDID" I can tell you the settings I'd use.

(change from edidxxx.bin to edidxxx.txt to post on the forum.)

You're very lucky :) Mine is 15s on an X7000

serg fedorov likes this.
  20. serg fedorov

Thank you very much!