All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Not that it makes any diff but hearing the New Zappiti can boot up in 9 seconds
    but they are paying $$$ for it .

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

''HS on'' There seems to be other reasons for their sales rate and they detail it on the HCFR.fr forum ''HS off''

3. DELUCAS

So a bit of marketing sugar coating going on it seems .
    Zappiti did say all movies will playback perfectly ;)

4. DELUCAS

Watch spare change videos he does suck up to them at times .

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DIKKE and Mabon like this.
  6. Break16

Break16 New Member

hello from Germany! :)

one question: Dune claims "Widest support for Dolby Vision file formats"

does it beat the UHD3000?

I currently have the Zidoo X20 and want a Dolby Vision capable player.

I am currently deciding between a Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K/Dune HD Max Vision 4K and the Zidoo UHD3000.

I want to make a good investment and not buy something new in a few years.

otherwise my wife will kill me :D

7. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

in this business it is difficult to buy something for years, it changes too quickly

8. Arun Reginald

Arun Reginald New Member

What is the maximum Hard Drive size that the Zidoo 1000 Pro will support. Is it 14 TB or 16TB. Futeko advertises it as 16TB but @Nice Monkey has mentioned 14TB. I am going to buy a new hard rive and wanted to make sure a 16TB will work with this unit.

9. Nice Monkey

I have seen 16 TByte reported as working. Never got above 12 TByte myself.

@Break16
    Regarding DV they are all the same. Guess on Sound Quality order: Dune Max => Zidoo UHD3000 => Dune Ultra this seen the design/components being used.
    For The Dune Max it is very questionable for me if it does a better job than the average HT AMP.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have a WD Red plus 14TB inside my zidoo and it works like a charm. I also tried a Seagate Ironwolf 16TB without any issue (but a bit noisier than the WD).

11. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

I have a Toshiba MG08 16TB hard drive and a Hitachi HGST 12TB and everything works very well.
    I also tried a 16TB seagate and there were no problems.
    Joe

12. Arun Reginald

Arun Reginald New Member

Thank you @Nice Monkey , @Inikad @JOE9007 for your response. Also it has been recommended to get only 512e hard drives. I am looking at Western Digital internal hard drives and even in their spec sheet for many of their models they do not mention the 512e/4Kn spec. Unfortunately I live in a country where once things are bought and opened they cannot be returned back. How do we know ahead what the sector size is. Also some hard rives have both 512e and 4Kn support. Will those type of hard drives work with the Zidoo?

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You want a 16tb HDD in priority, right?

For WD, I am pretty sure that the Red Pro 16TB will works. The Red plus 14TB, sure at 200% as I said before.

For Seagate, IronWolf and IronWolf Pro 16TB, I am sure that they are ok too.

Btw, you can start with a smaller one and add a HDD enclosure later. I use a DAS from Qnap plugged with usb on my Zidoo (there are 2 models: 2 bays or 4bays, I have both of them) but there are cheaper solutions. For the Qnap, they work in RAID, JBOD or individual. At the end, I run 5 WD red Plus of 14TB each (1 internal, 4 in the DAS) and I still have plenty of room to add new remux in my collection.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  14. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I am new and looking to graduate up from Plex and getting into the Z10 Pro. All my media are stored in a NAS and all are remux made by myself from my disc collection. My complaints for Plex played on Shield Pro 2019 are support for Dolby Vision Profile 7 FEL, playback of TrueHD 96kHz sample rate, and playback of MKVs of extended cut movies made from dynamic branching discs. Will the Z10 Pro improve my experience?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

All current Zidoo models should have no problems playing content as you describe, but it depends what part of your experience you wish to improve...

16. AngryVirginian

Most of all, I just want to see Dolby Vision Profile 7 FEL in action. I ordered a Z10 Pro from Amazon yesterday and it should be delivered today. I am excited to try it out.

17. Markswift2003

All of these players, whilst having no problems playing either MEL or FEL titles, use only the 4K base layer + RPU but do not use the 2K enhancement layer.

In order to do that you need a proper UHD BluRay player (or an Oppo clone).

AngryVirginian likes this.
  18. AngryVirginian

That's a bummer but I will try it out anyway. Any Oppo clone you recommend (that is buyable from the US)?

19. Nice Monkey

You won't be able to see the difference (I can't). Many regard the PQ of Zidoo even slightly superior.

Bill-Z9X and Markswift2003 like this.
  20. Markswift2003

I wouldn't bother - it runs a really old Mediatek SOC and the likes of the 1619 have well overtaken it in terms of performance.

Ok, it has a second HEVC decoder and processes the FEL but in reality that makes little difference to image quality as long as the BD has been mastered correctly (some haven't, but that becomes less problematic as time goes on).

The FEL is only the difference between a 12-bit Dolby Master and the 10-bit HDR10(+) master - there is no "video essence" lost between the 10 and 12-bit encodes and it's the RPU that makes all the difference in terms of tone mapping to your display and to be fair a lot of titles are mastered with a MEL which is becoming more an more prevalent as a single layer model becomes the norm due to the requirement for streaming deliverables.

Bottom line, you've ordered a great bit of kit and you're going to really enjoy it.