KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Slovakbrit

Slovakbrit New Member

I have sorted it out now, I cleaned out ZDMC 18.9 and did a clean install of 19.1 and it is fine, I know it is slow but I mainly use it to listen to albums, it has a very good catalogue system.

2. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Give it some time, kodi need some time to become faster and snappy. You can install the artwork dump addon and load all artwork in the cache.
    Aeon silvo nox is fast for me, only after the installation it was laggy, but after a few hours of usage and after a reboot it became snappy. But a skin like Aeon mq8 or mq9 is unusable, it lags like hell
    But aeon nox silvo is super snappy and runs great after some time of usage much better than ht4 did

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Slovakbrit and Mariusz like this.
  3. DennisTheMenace

Here I made a video Aeon nox silvo runs really faster than Hometheater 4, in my case

4. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. Slovakbrit

Slovakbrit New Member

I bought the Zidoo Z10 Pro about six months ago and so far I have been testing stuff, before that I had a Dune HD Smart D1 but the addons were non existent, what is the artwork dump addon, I will have to read about that, I think Aeon Nox Silvo is very well laid out and gives you plenty to play around with.

6. DennisTheMenace

With the artwork dump addon you can download and store artwork to the movie folder. And you can load the artwork that is already in the movie folder to the kodi folder on the Zidoo. So kodi don't need to read the artwork from your USB drives or nas. It can load it directly from the Zidoo harddisk (preload local video library artwork to Kodi texture cache).
    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

From kodi forum:
    What is the benefit of preloading of local video library artwork to Kodi texture Cache? >>> Speed! Nothing has to be loaded. Every artwork is preloaded in Kodis Cache (you Need enough disk-space for that on your kodi device). I use that Option. it takes About 6 Gigabytes for my library artwork to preload. everything is already loaded before you Need it. i love it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  7. Slovakbrit

Slovakbrit New Member

Ok thanks I'll have a look at that tomorrow, good info

8. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I don’t know why, it just took forever to scrape and just in general Kodi seemed to be slow, but the one showed in the video looks good. Could be an addon I installed was slowing it down.

9. DennisTheMenace

Maybe, I don't know. I have no addons installed, only the Artwork dump addon. and after scrapping I used that preload local video library artwork to Kodi texture cache option of the artwork dump addon. The first time I installed zdmc and the aeon nox silvo skin it was laggy for me to, but it became faster after some time and after a reboot, and after I preloaded the artwork in the cache with the artwork dump addon

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Mr Hyde and dr4go like this.
  11. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I am using TMDB to scrape TV shows (unfortunately TVDB is going pay) and Universal Movie Database for movies (with Aeon Nox Silvo it gives you Rotten Tomatoes ratings). I just find it to scrape very, very slowly.

12. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Thought I’d bump this by asking what skins in Kodi display the Dolby Vision and HDR10+ media flags? If Aeon Nox Silvio does I must not be doing something right. Same for Atmos- I know renaming your files .Atmos will work but there’s got to be a way it can tell just from the file?

Mariusz likes this.
  13. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

For me, in Aeon Nox Silvio by Dolby Vision, the colors are a bit strange. Such exaggerated. It looks bad.

14. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

You shouldn’t be seeing the Kodi overlay while playing a movie because ZDMC uses the native Zidoo player. That’s the whole point.

Mariusz likes this.
  15. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Alw you know, I mean those app videos, Kodi add-ons.

16. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Which Kodi add-ons? The Netflix one? Most addons that requires Widevine L1 isn't going to work right on Kodi- you're better off just using a dedicated streaming device- there are quite a few of them now that support Dolby Vision that cost <$50. Plus streaming video doesn't use Zidoo's internal player (which I find really disappointing).

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

KODI 19.2 MATRIX AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
    upload_2021-10-9_10-11-26.png
    NEV VERSION AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL KODI 19.2 “MATRIX“, THE SECOND UPDATE OF THIS CONTROVERSIAL VERSION THAT INCORPORATES IMPROVEMENTS AND CORRECTIONS, UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST POPULAR CONTENT MANAGER TODAY.

AS WE KNOW THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE IN THIS VERSION IS ON THE ADD-ONS ASPECT, NOW ARE BASED IN PHYTON 3 AND THIS WILL BLOCK ALL ADD-ONS THAT ARE NOT UPDATED, SOMETHING THAT WILL CERTAINLY GENERATE MANY PROBLEMS. ON THE OTHER HAND THERE IS MORE CONTROL OVER ADD-ONS THAT WILL BLOCK THE ABILITY TO OVERWRITE OFFICIAL REPOSITORIES. WE WILL ALSO HAVE IMPROVEMENTS TO PLAY CONTENTS BASED ON THE AV1 CODEC, NOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO DECODE THIS FORMAT BY SOFTWARE. YOU HAVE IN THIS SAME ARTICLE THE COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES OF THIS NEW VERSION THAT REPRESENTS THE FUTURE OF KODI FOR THE NEXT YEARS.

dr4go and Mariusz like this.
  18. DennisTheMenace

Changelog
    https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-matrix-19-2-release/

Fixed: crash when accessing invalid PVR channel from favouritesFixed: crash on startup while searching for missing channel iconsFixed: crash on startup caused by missing timer typeFixed: "Delete permanently" of recordings from trashOther, more minor bug fixes

Video Library

Fixed a bug that deleted UniqueID's when scraping the library, which caused unexpected behaviour for addons relying on those ID's

Games

Added translations for emulators and game controller add-ons

JSON-RPC

Expose icon path of EPG tags as 'thumbnail' propertyExpose series number of EPG tags as 'seasonnum' property.

Network

Websocket: handles partial messages

Add-ons

Fixed: display logic for official and third-party modules

Windows specifics

Fixed: possible crash when switching monitors due to adding/removing hardware.Fixed: audio passthrough not working (randomly) on some systems when display refresh rate match is enabled.Improved: flip discard swap chain is used on all Windows 10 systems even if graphics driver does not support latest DirectX feature levels.Improved: 10-bit swap chain is used by default on Windows 10 systems when HDR display is detected (for 8-bit SDR video sources too).Fixed: possible crash related to WS-Discovery when non-computer devices (e.g. IP cameras) are attached to the same network.Fixed: possible crash when HDR is toggled on/off externally from Windows 10 display settings.Fixed: no picture or wrong black level with some video drivers when limited range output is enabled in conjunction with hardware acceleration DXVA2 and HDR passthrough.

Android specifics

Fixed: external storage volumes not visible on devices running old Android versions

Xbox specifics

The big news here is that we can finally make 19.x "Matrix" available on the Xbox - thanks for putting up with the delay while we fixed the blockers!

Fixed: crash on playback of 4K HEVC videos due to out-of-memory condition.Fixed: GUI rendered at 1080 and upscaled to 4K instead of native 4K.Fixed: 4K resolution is incorrectly reported in logs as 1920x1080.Fixed: crash when "Switch display refresh rate at Start/Stop" is enabled with 4K resolution.Fixed: tone mapping not used by default at playback HDR videos.Fixed: missing display refresh rate info on Video Debug Info OSD (Alt+O).Fixed: Internet SSL connectivity not working due not usable path to built-in CA certs bundle.Improved: swap chain performance using DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD.Improved: 10-bit swap chain surfaces are used if an HDR-capable TV is detected (even for 8-bit SDR videos).Improved: HEVC DXVA2 decoder performance using 128 byte aligned decoder surfaces.

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

is a ZDMC 19.2 trending yet?

20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Ha
    Kodi 19.2 has just come out …….

Gotta give it a while besides Zdmc just gone 19.1

So unless everyone screams release zdmc 19.2

be a while yet id imagine .