UHD3000: Naming for a short version of a film

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Netmask, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have a film that was originally released as a short film in film festival. Subsequently it had a full length DVD and Cinema general release. I would like to put the short version in with the full length version folder.

Will the HT recognise the suffix -short after the main name? Or what is the best strategy. The original short version was released on Youtube under it's original Brazilian name. I plan to rename it to the English title.

At the moment HT has found it OK under the Brazilian name and treated as a different movie without cast or crew details etc

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The protocol is under section 2 in the attached..

So you could have:

MovieName.(1#Full Version).ext
    MovieName.(2#Short Version).ext

This shows two versions under the same poster.

Attached Files:

Netmask likes this.
  3. Netmask

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the help but I noticed next to the way I did it first, just a simple 1 and 2 a question mark, upon inspection it showed how to do it - really good.

4. Markswift2003

Also, if two different files are identified as the same movie by the scraper but no suffixes are used, HT will still add the selection boxes, but they're just labelled "A" and "B"

5. Netmask

Expanding on that if you have 2 versions but with different resolution say for example a 720p version and a 4K version , can you differentiate or simply have the A B model?

6. Markswift2003

Yes, you can use it for pretty much anything and any number of them - the only two words you can't use as far as I know are "demo" and "trailer".

"Trailer" because this is how local trailers are recognised and omitted from scraping. Not sure why "demo" is also a safe word though...

Netmask likes this.