Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Only one audio badge is supported.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Mediainfo for HT4 coming soon.
    We will abandon the file name based labeling mechanism

muha, DennisTheMenace, dr4go and 8 others like this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Great news! :)

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It's great to hear that since we've got many issues when labled in other languages than English.

Mabon likes this.
  5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Great news, but....how much will the hit in scraping speed be ?

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

How will it be then? What mechanism is used?

7. Markswift2003

Just had it confirmed that it has little effect on speed :)

dr4go, Mabon and TifKag like this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Great stuff! TBH it's high time this was implemented. Every media scraper worth it's salt has had this for a long time. It will be great to stop having to add prefixes

Some questions.

HT4 has a limit to the number of info icons it can show. Will there be a precedence for the items the auto mediainfo will display?

Will the scraper be able to recognise Atmos and DV?

If the media info scraper gets it wrong will there be a manual edit available?

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  9. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That would be great :)

10. Markswift2003

I haven't seen the firmware yet, so I don't know how it all hangs together...

I'd expect it to be exactly the same as it is currently once you start watching a movie (since that uses MediaInfo) with the addition of the audio codec.

DennisTheMenace, Bill-Z9X and blenky like this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If you need any beta testers;)

12. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

We are all ‘beta testers’ …:rolleyes:

I don’t expect the effect of speed to be something noticeable, and you are not do it everyday,so ..

Tnx team for the great news. :)

blenky and Bill-Z9X like this.
  13. vddan

vddan Active Member

To be continued ...............! We'll see if it's better!

14. rtos

rtos Member

I've looked thru the various post and haven't found an answer for adding Extra/Specials to TV show folder. Example I have a series of I Love Lucy episodes and with the disk are Extras i.e. color version of episodes, home movies behind the scenes etc. When using Plex I would put these items into a folder named Extra or Specials and Label them I Love Lucy - S00Exx - name. HT4 does not recognize this Extra/Special folder.
    I've tried rematching the episodes but this does not work.
    I've also run into same problem with Game of Thrones and Big Bang Theory Basically any TV show where I have Extras or Specials for the show. IS HT looking for a specific labeling sequence or Folder Name?

15. zxs

zxs New Member

TMDB?TVDB?

16. zxs

zxs New Member

upload_2021-11-1_11-3-30.png

upload_2021-11-1_11-3-49.png

My file directory is like this. It works well.

17. rtos

rtos Member

The problem I have is that I have extras that are not listed in the TMBD/TVDB Special files. So when I scan my source files the files end up in the "Unmatched" section and I can not rematch them to a Special section in the TV episode poster. Example I love Lucy when I scan a few of the Special will show up in a "Special" file inside the I Love Lucy Poster and the rest will be in the Unmatched section. If I try to rematch the files I am not presented an option the put them in the Special folder in the I Love Lucy Poster section. You are only given the option when rematching to add to season or add a season number or Ignore.

18. rtos

rtos Member

I just noticed in the example above that the extras/Special are located in a folder named S00. I will try naming my folder the same instead of naming it Extras and see what happens.

19. rtos

rtos Member

Labeling the Folder for the extras S00 did not work. Still looking for a work-around

20. rtos

rtos Member

The problem is the specials are not listed in either TMBD or TVDB. The specials come from the DVD disk. I am working on a "work-around" but what I need to know is there anyway to edit the info for a specific episode. Example I have an interview with director/producers of the I love Lucy show that is not listed in either TMBD/TVDB. I found a way to add this to the HT poster in its own poster but when open it just list the ep # that I assigned to it. Is there any way to edit this info to add title name and description? If you have used PLEX you know that this is easy to do but I can't find any work around with HT4.