Trailers not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, May 20, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Turn the volume down on the Zidoo!

Trailers play using the streaming engine (NuPlayer) and the audio is processed as PCM rather than a bitstream so the Zidoo volume controls the gain.

So whereas the volume control will have no effect on bitstreamed content using the Zidoo player, it does affect the streaming player so you can tame it in relation to bitstream levels.

Set the Zidoo volume level (which is actually gain) to say 75% and you'll probably be good.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

This is good info - I wish there was a technical block diagram of Zidoo units with a identification of functions. Info like this seems to come out in drips and drops and scattered all over the forum by different users and beta testers. Most other media players I've worked with the the mantra has been set the remote volume control at 100% and use the A/V amp as the audio controller. Same principle on professional audio equipment where output comes out at a fixed line level. Some have small trim pots of 4 or 5db range.

3. Markswift2003

A manual would be a great idea, and I've often pondered on starting one - It's kind of why I started the Recommended Settings thread.

Trouble is it's a huge undertaking and with devices like these very much entrenched in the hobbyist domain and being developed on a daily basis, it would be out of date within days.

And to be fair, who reads manuals? ;) I still see questions, the answers to which are in the first post in that thread, but again, that's the whole point of that thread - somewhere to point people.

dr4go likes this.
  4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The electronic manual for the Beyonwiz V2 PVR (based on the European Enigma 2 box) has been maintained by several beta testers and others, whilst not definitive it is updated when significant changes occur. By far the best update was the establishment of a Help menu item on all the various set up manuals. Being an anal retentive with some degree of OCD I read manuals cover to cover! The first thing I did when I opened the Zidoo UHD3000 box was to look for the manual and then I found the flimsy excuse! My heart sank... I read it though and got a Mandarin speaking friend to read the Chinese section to see if there were any differences! If only Zidoo would publish a mud map at least following a signal through the device to an output. That would help a number of us who like to know whats inside and what's the underlying logic.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Agree it be a nightmare writing a manual with often updates the guide would have to be re written every few weeks to keep on top of things with firmware updates etc .
    A basic guide would be the only choice but that would need to be re written also .

To keep on top of things is to frequent the various forums for new ways round of doing things but with all the huge amount of tech these Zidoos are connected to one solution may not work for others id say .
    So the guide manual would be of no use as such .
    Or it have to be a flow chart ;)

6. Vhiktor

Vhiktor New Member

Hi!

I have an old X8 with the latest fw.

The HT does not play trailers at all.

Is there a fix for it?

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I believe it has been fixed via firmware for the newest 1619 processor players, but Zidoo has been dragging their feet a bit on updating the firmware for the HT apk being used for the older models with the 1295 or 1296 processors.... Support has assured me that engineering is working on a firmware release..but it has been slow...I tried the modded app provided on mcbluna.net site, but I get an error when trying to load it.

Vhiktor likes this.
  8. Vhiktor

Vhiktor New Member

So currently it is not a solution for it yet? :(

9. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

Is there a place local trailers "have" to be? Does it have to be in the same folder with the movie file? Or can I put them in it's own mapped folder and HT 4.0 would be able to see them there...as long as they have the same name as the movie with the -trailer in the name?

It would be way easier to manage if I could put them in thier own single folder, I can see what I have and what I don't at a glance.

Just curious.

10. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

same dir with same name of movie file of folder name if bdmv with- trailer on the end however you CAN add a name after -trailer such as moviename-trailer.Official Trailer #1.mp4 or .mkv

I really wish it would just read-trailer and let anything before that be the file name for that movie entry in posterwall. It might make too much sense!

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

If you want to see them easily in the files, personally I name them in this way:
    -ex: Star Wars (2005) 2160p (1#movie) .MKV
    -'' '' '' '' '' """""""""""""""2160p (2#trailer) .mkv
    In this way in the sheet will appear a film logo and a trailer logo !!

12. stephen mooney

stephen mooney New Member

Hi

I have figured out that I can add the word Movie and Trailer as separate labels for each movie in HT4.0 when you click on the movie via poster wall. What I would like is to have the movie trailer icon on the far right to change to the word trailer instead of the "take 2 board" . Does anyone know how to do this.

13. Markswift2003

Those icons are not user changable.

14. stephen mooney

stephen mooney New Member

Thats a shame

15. sebna

sebna Member

Hi Mark,

I will start with that I have read all of this thread.

Because of my situation the most useful info was your (quoted) post on the first page :D

I am currently testing all the options before I do a final rollout to my library.

I plan to do the same thing as you do so to keep it all local and I have few questions. I am hoping you can chime in and let me know maybe all or at least some answers :). Good news info should come handy to future lurkers :)

This is my sample movie files structure (tested and seems to be working fine):

https://imgur.com/a/0MbeK4v

Questions:

1. How do I know that .nfo file is used rather than online scraping (is there an option to force local nfo usage like there is one for local trailers)?
    2. And same question about graphic files
    3. Does Zidoo allow both jpg and png formats?
    4. Is the local trailer file the one that plays in the background of the movie card (and the one that plays when I press on trailer icon on the far right)?
    5. Assuming the Zidoo is using all those local files that I prepared for it, including NFO for text etc. - does it mean that poster wall is both faster to load and also individual films are faster to load their respective cards with specific for them info (grahics etc)?
    6. Am I right that subtitles (srt file in the folder of the movie) can be delayed or speed up if they don't exactly match the movie with Zidoo controls via remote during playback?
    7. Once I am all done with my library and I want to make a backup of Zidoo database - is the built in option in Zidoo the way to do it?
    8. If so will it be complete backup minus the files that I prepared in the movie folder?
    9. So in other words if I would do backup on my UHD 3000 and then restore it on Z1000Pro would all be exactly the same (as all my movies will have all local files as per screenshot)?
    10. Would the backup from UHD 3000 be restorable to UHD 5000 if I would decide to upgrade?
    11. Is it possible to backup device settings? So configuration file?
    12. Is it possible to stop Zidoo from sorting The Spiderman as Spiderman (just an example)... it is extremely confusing.

And to finish it all with hopefully helpful info for the community as I have not seen anybody mention it!

Guys, all trailers, NFO files, subtitles and even file renaming (like per my screenshot so including both TMDB and IMDB ID numbers) can be automated and done quickly and efficiently with TinyMediaManager for 10 euro worth of license (per year).

Good luck and thank you :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  16. Markswift2003

Wow! Far too many questions - I can answer one, maybe two at a time but my attention span can't cope with 12!

Mostly the answer is yes with the exception of 11 which is definitely no.

sebna likes this.
  17. sebna

sebna Member

Should we break it in batches of 4? :D

I was wondering which kind of person you are when it comes to posts like this. A lot of precise questions to get it all done in one go or if you prefer a slower buildup :D ;)

Obviously I belong to the first group so I thought I will give it a shot.

I did a bit more testing yesterday and between your answer and my testing I got a better understanding what Zidoo does and needs, which allowed me to shorten the list to those:

Question 10 from previous post

And

13. Can you let me know what artwork suffixes Zidoo recognizes and uses (like -poster or -banner etc.) so I don't download and store files that cannot be used.

Thanks

18. Markswift2003

A backup will work as long as both boxes have the same version of HT4 and all paths are the same.

But I would recommend using local resources (NFOs, posters, etc) instead - that way everything remains the same - I can scan from any Zidoo box and the library is exactly the same each time using local resources.

See PDF here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...er-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619dr-players.82695/

19. sebna

sebna Member

Thank you Mark. Much appreciated

And thank you for clarification about the backup and the fact that by having complete local files like per mi screenshot I don't really need DB backups as rescsnning would bring exactly same results thanks to local files used for metadata!

Very nice so that way I am completely self sufficient and have faster more responsive experience. A win-win situation.

Is there a number of media files after which DB is known to slow down or have any other problems?

I have about 1500 media files in my library and I wonder should I expect any problems because of that (I have Z1000Pro and UHD3000).

Thank you

20. sebna

sebna Member

One extra question. I currently set Tiny Media Manger to create Kodi format NFOs and it seems to be working ok.

Is there a better format to choose or is Zidoo pretty flexible about it?