Zidoo Z9X Media Player receives Roon Ready Certification

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Aug 19, 2021.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Zidoo is proud to announce that the Z9X media player has received Roon Ready certification from Roon Labs, which will provide Zidoo owners with a good way to browse and listen to your music collections.
    (need to be upgrade above v6.3.35)

Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro will also be certified soon. While we are in contact with Roon to make sure and certify built-in DAC models UHD3000 and NEO X as soon as possible.

z9x.jpg

What does it mean to be Roon Ready?

Roon runs on most Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs, or on other products which include Roon Core. Being Roon Ready means that Zidoo transparently discover and connect to Roon without any configuration, and bit-perfect audio is delivered from Roon to the Zidoo. Together, Roon and Zidoo deliver the power, flexibility, and performance of networked audio, with the easiest setup and highest reliability available.

About Zidoo

Zidoo has a its own factory for multi-field technology and R&D team which includes more than 40% staffs in the company. It is mainly engaged in UHD media players, HiFi audio playback and decoding. As a media player manufacturer, its products are widely recognized and loved by audio-visual enthusiasts in both user experience and audio and video decoding performance.

Zidoo has launched a series of Hi-End music digital decoding media players with top hardware performance and unique audio decoding technology. They support almost all lossless mastering music and high-fidelity sound quality, so that listeners can get perfect music enjoyment. The addition of Roon streaming brings more convenience to music lovers.

About Roon

Roon is a rich and engaging way to browse, organize, and listen to music. Artist photos, credits, bios, reviews, lyrics, tour dates, and composers are located automatically, then interconnected by links to build a surfable digital magazine. Roon is also a multi-room, multi-user networked audio platform, it offers features such as bit-perfect playback, DSD and PCM upsampling, multichannel support, and Signal Path display.

For detailed information and start a free trail, please visit:

https://roonlabs.com/partners/zidoo

dr4go, Nice Monkey, Mariusz and 5 others like this.
  2. xskip

xskip Active Member

v6.3.35 is OTA

pcristi likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

4. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

hi there, thxs! is the .35 just only the roon ready add on?

5. Markswift2003

Nope - check the changelog - a few more goodies, including the fix for collections in categories and various music player improvements.

dr4go, Mariusz and DIKKE like this.
  6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

OTA Z9X v6.3.35/v6.3.35_G change log on spoiler.
    Since v6.3.30
    System
    1. Added Roon Ready support
    2. Optimized NFS lag playback problem.
    3. Optimized the long press function of the remote control.
    Poster Wall
    1. Fixed abnormal display when collections are added into custom category.
    Music Player
    1. Fixed the problem that song details interface is sorted incorrectly.
    2. Added the custom sorting function on left menu.
    3. Optimized CUE seamless playback.
    4. Fixed abnormal sound problem when outputting some DTS-CD files via RAW.
    5. Optimized the information display of the playback details interface.
    Player
    1. Optimized some shortcut key.
    2. Optimized the fast forward function of the remote control.
    3. Added subtitle setting function to the subtitle list.

Since v6.3.26
    System
    1. Optimized the occasional lag problem of SMB small files playback.
    Music Player
    1. Optimized the playback stability.
    2. Optimized the film details interface.
    3. Fixed the problem that no data is displayed when UPNP enters the list.
    4. Added the function that songs quantities will display only after artists exceed a certain number.
    5. Fixed the problem that the loop playback function does not take effect.
    6. Optimized music playback through the File Manager UPNP.
    7. Optimized the display of lyrics.
    8. Fixed the problem that the state is not saved when switching to list view mode.
    9. Fixed the problem that the interface has no focus after re-matching data in the artist details interface.
    10. Fixed the problem that the interface displays abnormally when the song details in album is empty.
    11. Optimized the lyrics matching function.
    12. Optimized partial translation.
    13. Optimized the singer information and profile information.
    Poster Wall
    1. Added 3DBD icon.
    File Manager
    1. Optimized interface partially.
    2. Added manual network path for adding device in SMB.
    3. Fixed the problem that no data is displayed when UPNP enters the list.
    4. Added the function of formatting external storage devices.
    5. Optimized UPNP playback function.
    6. Optimized the UPNP list function and the list is gotten by page.
    Player
    1. Fixed the problem that some default subtitle language does not take effect.
    2. Optimized interface partially.
    3. Optimized the subtitle download function when playing through the poster wall.
    4. Fixed the problem that some videos cannot be played.

Since v6.3.22
    system
    1. Optimized occasional green flash while playing some DV MKVs
    2. Fixed the problem of incorrect frame rate of individual 59.94 movies
    3. Optimized NFS and SMB network playback.
    4. Added the function of defining info button
    5. Optimized file manager opens the list too slowly
    Poster Wall
    1. Optimized NFO parser
    2. Optimized Trailer parser
    3. Fixed occasional crash in the details interface
    4. Added the path display switch on the detail interface
    5. Optimized matching accuracy
    6. Support trailer folder
    7.Fixed while add a single movie to a category, the entire collection is incorrectly added to the category
    Music player
    1.Optimized rematch function
    2.Support DSD CUE
    3.Fixed can not return while enter an empty folder
    4.Optimized playback stability

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    dr4go, xskip and Mariusz like this.
  7. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

YES! Can’t wait for Roon Ready on my Z1000 Pro!

Great job Zidoo

8. Hello everyone, I know there is a link for more information but, sorry for my ignorance, being invalid (disability due to ischemic stroke, unfortunately I am writing this because it has to do with the fact that I do not understand the official explanations), if please, can you tell me in a few words what Roon is and what you can do with it and of course how ... Thanks in advance, I apologize again and wish everyone a good day, Andrea.

9. Markswift2003

Hi Andrea - I don't use it, but from what I can understand it's a music aggregation service - it takes your own local music files and online streamed music from Qobuz and Tidal (if you subscribe) and sticks it all together in one library.

This is handled by a server PC, controlled by an app on your phone and plays on clients like the Zidoo.

Others with experience should be able to confirm or deny these allegations!

Tarantula and andreamusso.am like this.
  10. Hi Mark as always you are very ready to help me in a simple and understandable way ......... Thank you so much, as always, have a good day, Andrea

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Leandro Toniello

Leandro Toniello New Member

any predictions for uhd3000?

12. EB1000

EB1000 New Member

Why is the Roon on the Z9X is limited to 2 channels only? The Z9X can play multichannel FLAC files using its internal music player. Roon thinks that the Z9X is a stereo only capable endpoint. Roon support told me that it was not their fault and I should contact Zidoo support.

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am not so sure it is a Zidoo implementation flaw. Nobody thus far pointed to a Roon Ready device supporting MCH despite many other certified devices being capable of that too.
    So it looks like a generic Roon problem to me. ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  14. Cupto

Cupto New Member

It’s not a Roon problem, just some laziness on developers side. Zidoo already uses RAAT for the Roon Ready Certification but the implementation is incomplete for multi channel support. Both sides keep blaming each other but is just arrogance at this point. Zidoo is killing it with the z9 and the neo alpha but it’s missing very little to complete a dreaming machine for a lot of multichannel dreamers. It’s almost there, if only they could listen to us.

15. Nice Monkey

I don't think it is laziness just unwilling from most likely the Roon side. This is fueled by the fact it is neither working on any other Roon Certified device.

Most audio app's are developed with smartphones and tables in mind not home installations running on media players.

16. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

I can get Roon multichannel from my PC. So you would think multichannel could be built for the Zidoo devices since they support multichannel for the video formats!

17. I think this is a major problem. I will buy the Alpha if multichannel works properly with roon. Right now it downconverts to 2.0. Anyone know if this will be fixed?

18. Nice Monkey

Thanks' for this piece of information. So at least it is supported by Roon.