Think my ssd drive has failed :(

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 17, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

looks like my Samsung ssd drive has failed :(
    Zidoo recognise Drive but reports back nothing on it no more .
    Tried zdmc and Kodi the same
    Media center the same .
    Tried un mount / remount ……

connected it via usb cable to Zidoo nothing
    will see if laptop can do anything or samsung software will retrieve but i doubt it .

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nothing to do with media players, but I had a Drevo SSD completely annihilate itself a few months back.

I'm surprised brand like Samsung has failed though. I switched to SanDisk - no idea if they're bettter or not, but it seemed a good idea.

3. JohnG

JohnG Member

Hook the drive up to a computer and see whether it shows up in Device Manager/Drive Manager. If it isn't recognized, try with a 2nd computer if possible. If the content on the Drive is important, take extra steps, using different computers to verify, and try to salvage the content on your drive. How much time you spend will depend on whether you have backups for the Data on the Samsung ssd. FWIW, I have Samsung SSD's on 3 different computers, 2 of them professional 4K video-editing systems, and have had no problems in 3 or 4 years.

4. DELUCAS

first thing i tried was the 3.5 inch caddy its in then on another Zidoo tester .
    ill hook up tomoz on laptop and test etc .

5. DELUCAS

Yes cant test ssd till tomoz Laptop at work .
    Will see if samsung magic software can do anything or connect only with power cable side heard that can do it on ssd .
    Its like its lost its boot / partition or its failed ?

have over 500-570 Movies / tv series so will try retrieve but have some backed up elsewhere what a pain .
    First Samsung ssd thats I've had issues with.

6. DELUCAS

Just noticed you can now Format your hard drive in media player .
    Not that it helps me ….

7. DELUCAS

Update !
    ssd recovered all working ok and Movies will keep an eye on the drive for now . :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. TommyC123

TommyC123 New Member

Is there a function to format a HD in the player now? I don't have a PC.

9. DELUCAS

Yes in media Explorer left click your drive and unmount / Format box appears .

TommyC123 likes this.