Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. rtos

rtos Member

What triggers the 4k or UHD badge in HT4?
    I added Movie one version in mkv format and another version Blu-ray disk (.iso). mkv version banner shows a 4k banner Blu-Ray (.iso) as UHD.

2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

The small media labels, HD, 4K, DVD, are sometimes disapearing, not all, but mostly 1 or 2.

Re-Matching does not bring them back, is there a way besides copying the video to my computer, removing it from the zidoo, and copy it back.

3. Enet

Enet Active Member

You have answered your own question. A full blu-ray backup is generally marked as UHD. MKV 4K files will be marked as 4K.

I've never had that issue. If you have played the files on the Zidoo for a minute then it automatically picks up the labels. The other option is to put the label like '4k','hd',fhd' in the filename. If you have done this and they are still disappearing then that is strange. You may want to factory reset your Zidoo.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You don't have to factory reset the player.
    1. You could clean the library, the stuff is stored in the HT database. First time you start a video the labels are stored and never got updated.

2. or exclude the files from the source, do a rescan. Rename the files, put them back to the source and do a rescan. So the files will get new database entries.

3. or you edit the sqlite database yourself and delete the column media_info from table video_info. The database files is stored in a library backup.

v4_0_83_database_model.png

5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I don't mean the labels like 1080, 4K, 23.976, etc.

I mean the little colored labels on the posterwall in the right topcorner of the poster.

Attached Files:

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks for replying.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  7. Enet

Enet Active Member

Those come from the media itself once the film is played or from the filename which is why I made the suggestions.

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Good things are afoot as far as this topic goes......

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You don't mean medianfo scanning on scrape?!

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Any news about collecrions ?

12. Markswift2003

:)

13. Markswift2003

No, not heard anything yet.

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

:eek: That would be terrific!

15. Enet

Enet Active Member

That would be great. But one of the advantages of the Zidoo is the speed of scraping. If it ends up being as slow as Kodi then I hope they make sure that it scrapes audio and not just video information.

16. Markswift2003

There will be a speed hit because it has to inspect every file whereas now it just has to do a directory search.

17. Enet

Enet Active Member

As I said before, I have no problem with that as long as it parses both video and audio information. If it still just parses video information and ends up being as slow as Kodi then I'm not sure how useful that is because the Zidoo will find the information anyway once the video is played.

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

When at this moment speed is at 100%, what kind of speed will be left ( In % ) ?
    Will the loss of speed, be worth it.....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If not too complicated maybe a toggle choice to scrape with or without mediainfo scanning?

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

How can I display 2 audio tracks (or more) in the Home Theatre? Is that possible?
    I have tested, with standard procedure, for example: Title.2020.DTSHD.7.1.Dolby.5.1.HDR.mkv
    Only the first audio track is displayed.