Beta version v6.3.30 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Cezary

Cezary Member

No, it's original aspect ratio. All my home videos and many 4k movies don't have any bars.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@DELUCAS is correct - given that movies, I rather like to call them films myself, can have different aspect ratios and cannot all be sized to your TV. So if you are not seeing black bars you will undoubtedly be Zooming even if you are not aware that you are.

3. Cezary

Cezary Member

You are wrong. I know what aspect ratio I set. Have you ever seen for example videos recorded by EOS R5 or any 4k video camera ?

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

a

What screen are you using
    And give us a few example Movies / films you have seen of late and we will tell you if that Movie was filmed in 2.35:1 or ,or …….
    and if that will have black bars top and bottom etc or not .

note: many 4K Movies high majority would be filmed in widescreen with top & bottom black bars 2.35:1 etc

are you sure the tv screen is not zooming them ?
    odd

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

thank you :)
    I've change the order of the changelog. The changes since v6.3.22 first and since v6.3.26 last. Makes more sense to me.

rozel likes this.
  7. Cezary

Cezary Member

As I've wrote I own (I filmed them) and I primarly refer to my home videos filmed in 4k 16:9 ratio (3840x2160) - these are the examples. Of course a majority of todays commercial movies are filmed in widescreen, therefore the bars in 16:9 TVs and I don't deny this. One has to notice the height of the bars depends on original movie ratio.

DELUCAS likes this.
  8. FrankV

FrankV New Member

Had exactly the same also switched to smb

Cezary likes this.
  9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I have mentioned this before,

i want my TV to do the upscaling, so 1080p is fine my TV displays 1080p.
    If i play back say 3840x1600 the zidoo displays output at 3840x2160 why?

10. Cezary

Cezary Member

I think Zidoo always outputs normalized resolutions.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Well I've looked back and I can't quite figure out what you're arguing about... ?

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  12. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Has anybody else experienced this.
    Is the category collections gone from the sidebar ?
    Because i have a bunch of them, and i like to have them ordered in a collection folder.

13. Markswift2003

No, Collections are still there, both in Classification Mode and in the Side Bar.

All that's happened is that previously you were unable to add individual movies from a collection to a self created Custom Category.

This has been changed so that you can now add individual movies from a collection to a Custom Category BUT you are unable to add the collection as an entity - if you add the entire collection to a Custom Category, all the movies appear individually within the Custom Category.

Apart from that, Collections work as previously.

14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That is a problem for me, i have a bunch of collections in the ALL section, and about 90% are also in custum categories like "Country", "Animation" and "Science Fiction"

Those custom categories are going to be messy and huge, because some collections have 8 or 9 items in them.

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Not sure what you mean
    if i playback this file on another player say oppo will show ouput at 3840x1600 which is correct.
    so then the TV upscales.

16. Markswift2003

I'm sure this was an oversight and will be fixed.

Tarantula and Mariusz like this.
  17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks for the reply

Mariusz likes this.
  18. beefjazz

beefjazz New Member

3D ISO does not work. it wont trigger 3D format either from 'Play Video' or from blu-ray menu. it plays the content in 2D

19. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Anyone having an issue with jerky playback for 25fps content using this latest beta firmware? Previously on 6.3.22, it is fine.

20. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

Push!

blenky and Bill-Z9X like this.