Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. LLLEFTERIS

LLLEFTERIS New Member

I have the Z10 pro in many movies I do not have a picture only sound problem that I do not have if I connect the disc to the TV nor did I have it with the X9s

2. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

Thanks for the info

3. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

1. Feature add (button): When playing a movie, I wanted to propose to the developers to add the "Menu" button which you can press, after the Play/Pause, FastForward, Next Buttons. At the moment only the "Menu Icon" can be seen on the right side next to the movie length, and it can only be accessed by pressing the "Menu Button" on the Zidoo Remote control. Plenty of people (including myself) use one single remote control to control all devices that they have, but if we want to change the Audio soundtrack, subtitles or anything else we have to use the Zidoo remote. I believe this would be a useful feature giving people a choice. Please see attached picture.

2. Subtitle problem: I keep the Zidoo system language in English, but I would like the Default Language for Subtitles to be in "Romanian". In the settings menu the subtitle language is written in the native language as "Română" and the player does not recognize the subtitle language and it defaults to English. When playing a .mkv movie, the Zidoo recognizes the correct subtitle language as "Romanian", and even though it is the first subtitle track, default or forced - it plays the english subtitle. I have to select it manually for the "Romanian" subtitle to be displayed. Other languages might be affected too, I wanted to know if this could be corrected to recognize the correct language as "Romanian". See attached pics.

If anyone knows if there is already a solution for these please let me know. Running Zidoo Z1000 Pro v.6.3.22

Attached Files:

4. Enet

Enet Active Member

No you don't. Just program the menu function to a button on your remote then when you press it you get access to Zidoo piture, audio, subtitles submenu.Works for me with my Harmony remote :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Tarantula likes this.
  5. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Still having issues with synology DSM 7 SMB. Stutters and freeze, NFS works fine. That is basically never solved, correct?

6. Enet

Enet Active Member

Did you have the same issues with DSM 6.2? How long do you have to play the film before the stuttering starts?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

You should try 6.3.26.

DIKKE likes this.
  8. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

i would love to, but any clue where that can be found? Online update says no...

edit..found it, testing as we speak

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

If you have a Z9X and you have activated the following option, you should have the pop up for a BETA update

[​IMG]

10. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

interesting....small stutter in the beginning ( after 4 minutes or so ) but after that smooth... will test some data heavy 4 K stuff.. thxs!

ps,. any insight on what they actually found? ( looked like a buffer or protocol issue)

ps2 close but not the big cigar yet.. the 4 dips are freeezes..they do are shorter, but still happens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  11. Enet

Enet Active Member

Hi. Any news on this for the z1000 pro?

12. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

I know the Harmony remote is programmable. I use the Samsung smart remote which isn't, you can only assign the color buttons in the zidoo to it. It only has a few buttons (which i prefer) but controls everything the Harmony does, except the "Menu" button.
    I saw Zidoo implemented the Hdmi-cec remote activation in the settings, and the software is designed to access all its features with any remote, but they missed the Menu button during playback.

13. Enet

Enet Active Member

But that's my point, I don't think that they did miss it. I just checked again and the Zidoo menu function is there and is automatically configured. The Harmony picks up an existing menu function/button for a device and automatically assigns it to the menu button on the Harmony remote.

14. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

I understand your point. But if you don't have a Harmony remote or a remote that has a Menu button, you can't access it.

The remote in the attached picture does everything that the Harmony does (so i don.t need one) including zidoo power-on at hdmi switch and navigates through all zidoo software, except Menu button during playback (remote doesn't have a phisical menu button).
    TV's are getting smarter and don't require 3rd party products any more like harmony. In order to use the Premium remotes that come with tv's (that are minimalistic) and enjoy full functionality of the zidoo, the only thing that i found that is missing in the software is the "Menu" button that you can press during playback. I find this to be beneficial to users in the same situation for full functionality.

Attached Files:

MicleCh likes this.
  15. Enet

Enet Active Member

OK I see. That remote looks great, much nicer than my plastic Harmony :)

So even if my remote did not have a menu button, the Harmony still shows the Zidoo menu function which I can map to any key on the remote. If the menu function is not listed then I can use the Zidoo remote to program the Harmony hub with the menu option then assign it to a button on the remote. If as you say the Samsung can do everything the Harmony does, then why can't you find the Zidoo menu function or use the Zidoo remote to program your remote, then map the menu function onto a different button on your Samsung remote?

16. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

My original post was about suggesting the "Menu" button to be implemented in the zidoo software in a Beta to be tested, so that all features of the zidoo could be controlled with any remote. As any other company's product can be fully controlled with any remote, the zidoo does this as well, but they missed that menu button feature that is usefull. Other video players have multiple shortcuts in their player menu than zidoo currently has, I don't think it would bother anyone if they added one. This way anyone can change anything according to their preferred user experience. I am not debating which remote is better and complicate things programming buttons to do different functions than they are meant to.
    Edited pic attachment with suggestion

Attached Files:

17. Enet

Enet Active Member

I'm not interested in which remote is better, I only mentioned them because you said that the Samsung remote can do what the Harmony remote can which it clearly can't. That just added to the confusion. But I think I now understand what you mean. You want them to add a menu button/symbol on screen next to the navigation buttons so that arrow or navigation keys can be used to select it?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  18. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Yes that is correct. Markswift2003 said to post the idea here to see what other users think. It is the only missing "feature" that i found using the zidoo.

19. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Menu button as is show on @xpeczk screenshot is already exist and functionally.
    Zidoo Team just need to make selectable with remote without need select mouse mode first then will be nice to be closer to others control button of play like @Enet clarified.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  20. FrankV

FrankV New Member

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my movies stutter a lot. Specially the 4k hdr movies.
    I stream from a DS918 synology nas with NFS. Before this 6.3.26 FW I had no issues at all.