KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DMD

DMD Member

I'm sorry to give up the Z9x is a good product of excellent performance, now they are in difficulty to choose alternative.
    As a substitute I hope the Shield is up to the performance with regards to Kodi.

2. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Unless there is a ZDMC based on Matrix (19.1) I also cannot even consider purchasing a Z9X (I also have a 2019 Shield Pro). Too many addons have now migrated to Python 3, which 18.9 doesn't support.

As soon as a Matrix based ZDMC is released I will purchase the Z9X.

3. DMD

DMD Member

We are of the exact identical idea.
    Only in the meantime having an obsolete Android box (Himedia Q10 Pro) I ordered the Nvidia Shield that allows me to manage Kodi in the best way.
    I am also disappointed that Zidoo is abandoning ZDMC.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not like it's just happening now, and they didn't make a secret of it - it was deprecated years ago.

But as I say, if Kodi is your bag, you'll be impressed by the Shield.

You won't be impressed with it's DV performance or general flexibility though...

5. DMD

DMD Member

The important thing is to have better performance than my obsolete box.
    When Kodi no longer interests me I know that Zidoo is one of my favorites.

A small consideration.
    Why Zidoo Using S.O. Android You can't install the "Kodi ..... apk" file
    in a normal way, using its non-UHD interface, the problem is only its graphical interface seemed to me to understand.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  6. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

And I want to have Zidoo performance and also use ZDMC! I like my Zidoo Z10 pro a lot, but I also want to use ZDMC.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's nothing to stop you using ZDMC, it's just not being developed.

Mariusz likes this.
  8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Thank you Markswift2003.
    Zidoo Z10 pro is a very cool machine. I am very pleased with it.
    Keep it up!

9. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Yes, but as I mentioned most of the well used addons have moved on to Python 3 which 18.9 does not support.

10. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

What is the limitation of the hardware if I install Kodi with 2000+ movies, will that make the Zidoo Z9X run slower in conjunction with the HT app?

11. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I am considering to buy a Z9X but I need ZDMC - I hate Home Theater. Tried it several times on my X9S but the scraping does not work for me the way I like it (movies were ok but I didn't like many of covers and you couln't choose, series were a complete mess).

I'm using an external program (Ember Media Manager) on my PC to scrape my files, and ZDMC/Kodi just reads the preconfigured database/folders. I'm still using ZDMC 17.6.1 and its working fine for me, since it's only job is displaying, I don't use other Kodi features.

My only reason to upgrade is Dolby Vision, for everything else my X9S is working absolutely perfect.

So my question is: Is ZDMC 18.9 working stable (like 17.6)? Heard about problems and crashes with the ZDMC 18.x versions...

12. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Home Theater 4.0 is a lot better than the one on the x9s and has been updated a lot including extensive updates to the scraper. ZDMC Has major issues with bigger collections and more advanced skins. They cause crashes and lag when browsing your library. HT4.0 is a lot better in terms of functionality and performance. This is my experience as someone that loves the Kodi experience. There is just too many big issues with ZDMC. Like #1 being not marking anything as watched automatically. Also no progress bar on images, nothing in your continue watching list cause it has no clue what you've started watching or how far into the movie/TV Show you are.

13. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I see your point, but my collection is already scraped in Kodi format, each folder already has the correct nfo and jpg names. HT (not sure if I tried version 3 or 4) does not work with it. So for me it's a decision between the Shield Pro + Kodi 19/19.1 fandangos/maven DV build or Z9X with ZDMC 18.9. I don't really need progress or watch list, I'm used to mark my episodes manually, I can live with it.

14. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Please test with latest beta as they updated NFO and jpg use.

15. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Folks, anyone in the know....what's the executable name for the native zidoo video player?
    Is it something like "com.zidoo.videoplayer" ?

16. Enet

Enet Active Member

Doesn't ZDMC use the default Zidoo player by default. I seem to remember that it does.

17. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Yeap, ZDMC does. Most of the posts here seem to suggest Zidoo ain't gonna spend any effort on ZDMC... which I can understand.

I am trying to see if I can get Kodi 19.1 to work with the native player by configuring PlayerCoreFactory XML.
    That's why I put out the question about the native Zidoo video player app name...

Anyone?

Hopefully @mirror can chime in...

18. Enet

Enet Active Member

Ah OK. What is weird is that I found the apk filenames for everything including Image player, audio player and Home Theatre which is com.zidoo.poster but none for the video apk. So maybe it is part of HomeTheatre but that would be strange because when videos are played, I see a video player task separate from HT. What's also weird is that the video player task uses the same icon and the com.android.gallery.3d apk which is the basic Android video and photo gallery. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

People have tried before, the Zidoo player is locked you can’t link playercorefactory, it would have already been done if you could.

20. TheFonz

TheFonz New Member

I've Kodi v18.9 installed on my X9S in combination with the latest beta version of XMBC/ Kodi wrapper, this beta version will start the native Zidoo player.