Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

dr4go and giangi76 like this.
  2. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

WOW this one is even better! The report is fantastic! One question: how do you understand if the TV supports HDR Dynamic Metadata (HDR10+ or Dolby Vision)? Because I tried both the softwares but the tab remains empty... What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the help... I like this very much! :)

3. Markswift2003

Glad to help :)

So for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, the info is contained in Vendor Specific Video Data Blocks (VSVDB or just VSDB for short).

These are found in the CEA extension of the EDID (The last 128 bytes) and are identified by a 24-bit IEE Registration ID, or OUI (Organisationally Unique Identifier).

Dolby's OUI is 00-D0-46 and following that is a string of bytes defining the Dolby Vision block - colour primaries, min/max luminance etc:
    upload_2021-8-1_18-7-20.png
    Fiddling this Dolby Block to allow BT2020 primaries is what allowed me to create an EDID (now used by HDFury and Zidoo) to allow non Dolby Vision displays to show Dolby Vision content natively.

The HDR10+ block is a lot simpler - the OUI is 90-84-8B and following that is a single byte "01" basically saying HDR10+ is supported - there are no other parameters required.

upload_2021-8-1_18-9-3.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    dr4go and giangi76 like this.
  4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Thank you!!! This is great for testing! F**k Murideo! :D:D:D (I'm kidding...but not so much!) I'm really loving my Z9X and your tips at the moment! :p

5. Markswift2003

Just applied a couple of asterisks there ;)

6. Markswift2003

The more you learn, the more interesting it gets.

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ops..you are right, sorry! ;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

You are correct. Just had a conversation with samsung technical support and they have confirmed that not only all TV's from 2019 onwards no longer support DTS and related formats (which i already knew), but they also disabled the eArc port to Pass-through dts-x, dts-hd and dts audio formats to the Audio receiver and this will not change anytime soon. Forcing the audio format will not work. Why do companies falsely advertise though is beyond my understanding.

Only option in getting those audio formats is to connect the Zidoo directly to the q950t Soundbar in its Hdmi input, which works, but that is what i was trying to avoid. No way around it.
    I would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in the topic.

9. Markswift2003

I'm glad you got to the bottom of it, and usually I'm a big fan of Samsung but this policy is ludicrous - It's just not acceptable for such a big manufacturer to dismiss such a huge part of the HDMI specification. Muppets.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Yes i know. Samsung is not the only one falsely advertisig or hiding details from the public.
    I saw that new Sony A90J advertisig the tv has 1300nits, however testers found, "reaching 1300 nits comes with big caveats because you either have to use 'Vivid' mode or adjust settings in such a way that it affects grey tones to a degree that degrades the picture in other ways. Either way, A90J will not be able to maintain 1300 nits for more than a few seconds, after which it drops to 800 nits, so we have to question how much of a benefit the "brighter OLED panel" is to the viewer"
    Also Oled manufacturers advertise their products are Hdr and DV capable, however they hide the fact that Hdr needs at least 1000nits to reproduce an accurate picture without destroying the creator's intent. Since no oled is near 1000nits, the picture reproduced has a loss in details and picture quality, the displayed image is not accurate with the movie creator's intent. I also have a 65" Lg Gx in the bedroom apart from the samsung q95t, i like both, but sadly i find this to be true.
    Mabie in a few years we will be able to buy products that have full features and a better picture quality than current tv's. The Zidoo is amasing though :)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

It's amazing when you decode the Dolby Block on some of these TVs and you see the true TMaxPQ (Max Nits).

Even the mighty LG C9 which Dolby recommend for verification of Dolby Vision on a domestic TV is only 700 nits although some of the Sonys reach 1600.

Thing is this is only within the realms of specular highlights and there is literally bugger all living up there - the vast majority of content is well below diffuse white which used to be defined at around 100nits but has been recently redefined to around 200.

12. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Hi

Zidoo is luckily still releasing new Betas's, and every Beta has new, or improved functions.
    But....all these new functions need new, or existing buttons that now have a difference between Short and Long press.

I like the hardware, but the documentation is not really up to date.
    I bought my Z1000 Pro with FW 6.0.90, and now i am on 6.3.22.

When i want to know what the differences are in button assignments, i have to read all threads between 6.0.90 and 6.3.22. (and even then i have overlooked things)

Is it possible for Zidoo to make some kind of documentation, with Remote button assignments, and keep that up to date ??

I also see a lot of requests for new functions, but the only thing i am missing is the possibility to remove resume points.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. compingharry

compingharry New Member

That was one of my irritation points...all the reading to use something on Zidoo that should be natural and simple in the first place...When I pressed the OFF button for the first time on my remote a little too long I got stuck several times with menu's how to put the device OFF. I just found it unnatural and irritating...Your post reminds me of this. I just thought: "something like this should be settled in the menu's, not with button handling nobody (but a genius) can remember. The same with firmware update by USB, using SMB...(I did not read one manual of Dune how to use a remote or Control App, it just comes natural)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Re "remove resume points." I got caught on this one but the answer is logical " just mark the movie as viewed.

15. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Where could I suggest/propose a small change that could be benefficial to some users and a correction of a current setting, mabie it could be implemented in the next beta fw. update for zidoo z1000 pro?

16. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That was one of the first thing i tried when i watched my first movie on the unit.
    First set as watched, and than as unwatched.

I have tried that, it does not work.

The resume point is not removed that way.

17. Markswift2003

Send an email to service@zidoo.tv

Also, mention it here and see what the reaction is.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Ah yes I misread your resume point as meaning 'watched' that was my inquiry.

19. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

20. Markswift2003

It will on the next update.