EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've put it on the first post ;)

Blue Stinger likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

So do you want an LLDV Dolby Block adding to the JVC EDID?

If so I need you to capture 2 EDIDs:

1. From the projector with the Z9S connected directly to the projector (and switched on!)

2. With the Zidoo connected normally to your amp with the projector connected and switched on

This will give you edid.bin files which you need to rename to .txt to upload to the forum.

3. Markswift2003

Which HDR mode are you using?

4. Letmein

Letmein New Member

I want to run all through vs10 engine Sd\hd\uhd and 3d if possible.
    DV engine is the whole reason for getting the x9.

HDR: Dolby vision VS10 engine (For SDR,HDR,DV content)
    DV compatible mode: LLDV player led;
    Maxcll and max fall "on".

And custom edit that i captured. It fixed the jvc losing sync and freaking out problem but looks more washed out than the BT2020 LLDV edit that worked good except for the synch issue i mentioned that happens when i return to meny\HT4.

Edit i see you also own Denon and jvc. What file are you using?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  5. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello good, my tv qled 80r reaches up to hdr10 +, with this and a dolby vision movie will improve the quality a bit? Thank you

6. Markswift2003

Still not completely clear - are you using the LLDV EDID and sending LLDV to the JVC?

7. Letmein

Letmein New Member

What i am trying to do is say.. watch wonder woman 2 DV layer on a non DV jvc.
    So the x9 must use DV engine to extract the DV layer and prossess the info inside the DV steam and send it\display it on jvc the best possible way\image quality.
    I thought the EDID trick could fix this? Or do i need to get a vertex2 ?

"
    Amongst other things this allows the Zidoos to present an LLDV output with colour primaries that a non-LLDV display will understand.

Effectively this allows true Player Led Dolby Vision to be viewed on a non Dolby Vision display since Player Led processing allows the dynamic tone mapping to happen in the player and the display receives a static gamma according to the St.2084 standard.

You can even tailor this tone mapping to the display brightness by adjusting the max nits level in the Dolby block in the EDID."

So how do i tailor this tone mapping to get the best image on a jvc projector?

8. Markswift2003

Ok - I wasn't sure whether you were using the LLDV hack or not.

So this is how you'd go about it:

On the Z9X:

1. Set everything up as in the first section of this post http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/ with the following exceptions:

2. Set Custom EDID to 1. BT.2020 LLDV EDID (I wrote that EDID - it's the same one used in the Vertex and is perfect for your projector)

3. Set HDR to Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12bit)

On the JVC:

1. Create a Custom User Mode called for example "
    LLDV" with colour set to BT.2020 and Gamma set to HDR (ST.2084) and switch to that. Remember, the Z9X is outputting LLDV and the JVC doesn't understand that so it won't automatically switch to its HDR mode - that's why you create a Custom User Mode.

2. Ideally, because the JVC St.2084 gamma curve isn't perfect, you'd import a custom gamma into one of the three Custom Gamma slots using the JVC Calibration Tool (needs to be network connected).

This is the curve I use for LLDV if you are able to do that:

https://mega.nz/file/FX5VFKRQ#luwScsTSoMCuDoZR8yiMRcayNqHFyELS2zxMygbIbxs

The Software is here:

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english...900_rs620_rs520_rs420_calibrationsoft-dl.html

Once this is imported you could create a second User Mode with BT.2020 colour and Gamma set to Custom 1 (assuming that's where you saved the curve). Then you can compare the original user mode with the built in Gamma to the one with the custom Gamma, which should be brighter - I designed that curve to work right up to the capabilities of my X7000 without blooming so it should work equally well on your 7500.

crutzulee and Letmein like this.
  9. Letmein

Letmein New Member

Thank you this is exactly what i was looking for.
    Thanks for the help.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. Hello everybody Reading the post I found it very interesting, I have an epson tw 9400 projector, when I put some EDID, could I see movies in dv in said projector? and it would generate a dynamic tone mapping as movies in dv or hdr 10+ are supposed to be? What EDID do you recommend for a projector? thank you very much

11. Markswift2003

It depends whether you can switch your projector into HDR mode manually.

If you use the BT.2020 LLDV EDID that will allow the Zidoo to output LLDV in BT.2020 which your projector will understand if you can switch it into HDR mode.

It would display dynamic tone mapping for DV sources based on the DV metadata but not HDR10+ although it would still convert HDR10+, HDR10 and SDR into DV with a static tone map.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  12. pumazavr

pumazavr New Member

WILL THIS HELP TO SWITCH THE PROJECTOR TO HDR? https://www.amazon.com/HDFury-HDMI-Manager-Emulator-Repeater/dp/B08219N5N1

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

14. Markswift2003

No, that won't work - the Zidoo already does everything DR HDMI does.

You need either an Integral 2, Vertex, Diva or ideally a Vertex 2.

The reason I say ideally the Vertex 2 is that you can have the Vertex 2 spit out a custom HDR string if LLDV is detected (so triggering HDR). With the other devices you can only specify the custom HDR string fulltime so they are less flexible.

I'd definitely go for the Vertex 2 - expensive but worth looking on eBay.

You can actually use a Linker too, but again, only allows the HDR signal to be sent full time and has issues with Dolby Atmos.

Letmein likes this.
  15. rola

rola Member

I was wondering, I have a Maestro I’m not using. Does it have the same funktion as Vertex 2? Do you know that?

16. Markswift2003

Yes, a Maestro can be used also - I'm not 100% sure it can be used to send a custom HDR message when LLDV is input like the Vertex2 can but it can certainly send a custom HDR message full time.

You'd have to hook it up and look at the HDR/DV page on the web server and see if this option is there:

upload_2021-8-2_23-6-41.png

17. rola

rola Member

I have that setting :)
    So then I set custom edid 10 sony lldv?

18. Markswift2003

Yes, that's exactly the same as the Zidoo BT.2020 LLDV EDID.

If you select that EDID in the Maestro it will tell all devices connected that they can output LLDV. If you just select the EDID in the Zidoo then only the Zidoo will output LLDV - depends what you want to do.

Once you have the Zidoo outputting BT.2020 LLDV (you'll see the option in Display/HDR settings) you then set custom HDR to 1000nit BT.2020, "Use Custom HDR... when input is LLDV" and that sends an GDR signal to the projector and it switches to HDR.

I wrote a little cheat sheet for the Vertex a while ago - I think the settings will be the same.

Attached Files:

serg fedorov and Letmein like this.
  19. rola

rola Member

Thanks a lot!

20. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Hi!

I have a Samsung QLED TV (with only HDR) with a Z9X. Beautifully displays all formats (HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, DV) of course in max HDR. I need any kind of Custom EDID? Or inturn off this function? Thanx for your answer!