Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

McBluna and kergaz like this.
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I'm getting really bad green flashes with my Halloween 1978 Dolby Vision mkv. every few minutes. Especially 7:38 - 7:48 into the movie. That's as far as I've gotten cause it's unwatchable in this state.

3. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

Hello,

avant-hier j'ai regardé un film avec un léger décalage entre l'image et le son, je n'ai pas trouvé la fonction pour essayer de régler ce décalage. comment faire ?

4. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Green flashes within Dolby vision movies started at v6.3.20 for me, as far as I can remember. Still on v6.3.20.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Green flashes on Dolby Vision mkv’s started for me on 6.3.20 and continued into 6.3.21 - LG C9.
    Haven’t tried a DV movie on 6.3.22, will try one this morning and report back

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

watched True Romance last night no green flash issue at all Panasonic Z1000 OLED

Didnt pay via HT but just normal smb
    Also didnt pause ff rewind etc

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Did exactly the same. Nice over the top movie. Like the alternative ending more to be honest as it matches the story better in my view.

No green flashes on my TV.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

First time id seen it in maybe 20 yrs tbh ,so a nice change
    It prolly didnt need the DV treatment ,wasnt the sort of movie that popped ,but least nice and clean restore

9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I watched true romance full disc rip, obviously would not play DV through menu had to play movie only but HDR was fine.

The problem is with MKV but so far we have no reports this is been looked into.

10. Dan

Dan Member

DV plays through the menu now on latest firmware…

11. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No does not, its hit and miss im afraid like i said above true romance does not work.

12. DaMacFunkin

I’ve just tried true Romance and it’s fine as it’s a MEL title, Scott Pilgrim however is a different matter, the longer the Film goes on the worse it becomes, it’s like the EL goes out of synch (check the ‘White’ chalk board inserts, sometimes they are pink in hue or green).
    Scott Pilgrim is a FEL movie, Just tried Mission Impossible it starts to do the same after a while, also a FEL title.

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

My True Romance was MKV zero green flashes as stated above

Scott Pilgram played fine for me last week

have ppl getting Green flashes done the FULL power down after installing latest f/w ?
    ie i disconnect 12v plug at back 20 secs or so after every new firmware for ,say, last 4 months or so BECAUSE of all the glitchy stuttery issues id get after every new firmware UNTILL i remebered to power reset

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can tell when the RPU goes out of sync because luminance changes occur before or after scene changes which is very noticeable. This was a bug in very early firmware. (don't forget the Zidoo doesn't process the video of the Enhancement Layer)

The only time I've seen what you describe is when I've encoded a base layer and muxed with an enhancement layer to produce an encoded home brew DV MKV. It works, but something in the remuxing process causes very occasional colour anomalies - a flash of pink sky for example, but the RPU stays in sync.

There seem to be a lot of variations in the way DV material is produced and very little of it is Dolby approved!

15. DaMacFunkin

Hi Mark, what you describe is exactly what I am seeing where the tone changes just before or just after the scene but only with FEL titles, all titles are ripped with MakeMKV, just trying a rip with a different version will report back.
    P.s. my Zidoo is always powered off at the mains when not in use so yes it’s been power cycled many times.

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Correct. If you start the movie via menu you have option for Theatrical or Directors cut. The movie then starts in HDR10. If you play direct it picks the DC and plays in DV

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed.

18. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

This is exactly what happened with the DV MKV of "A Quiet Place 2" (randomly) and the green flashes (FW 6.3.22)...things I never noticed with previous FWs

19. maglione

maglione Member

Idem to me, "A quiet place II" strange flashes, last firmware.

20. DaMacFunkin

Hi,

So the problem I am seeing with tone map being slightly out of synch (pink or green sky) you are aware of and will be fixed in next release?