Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Thanks Mark for the reply also Nice... although he sounds a bit frustrated . What i want to add here is comparing the zidoo and the Dune Vision on the C1 especially in older content like 'Ran' that ripped version looked much better on the vision then on the zidoo and all older content that have DV metadata with lots of grain looked better on the Dune. Picture was sharper, cleaner and more colourful. The rgb 8 bit for that doesn't do a great job there. Any thoughts ?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There should be absolutely no difference to be honest - they both have the same SOC and neither use any processing I'm aware of and both process DV the same.

I have a Dune Pro Vision, a Real Vision and of course the Zidoos and can't see any difference in image quality - even throwing up test patterns like the S&M chroma alignment shows exactly the same performance in HDR10 and VS10.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Haha. Interesting. In fact I am happily playing with my toys as always.

Corona and global warming that are different topics though that don't make me too happy honestly. But those are off-topic here.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

he should add a ''Bar'' section on the forum for general discussions :)

Mark could talk about his RC helicopter and I could talk about my proxy photo, and for you Nice monkey....I have no idea.

dr4go likes this.
  5. zarathoestra

Suspected it that would be the answer maybe an eye check with both the zidoo and the dune to the ophthalmologist;)

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Comparing the Dune HD vs Zidoo on this point is not useful, and Mark is right.

On the other hand, it will be an endless and passionate debate for those who have a Chinoppo, which according to them is the one and only multimedia box able to read and render all the subtleties of a DV image.

Mabon likes this.
  7. zarathoestra

That eye check was ment to be for me to get that out of the way.:D

For the above commentary i have all the 4 devices ( with different chipsets ) and in general there is little or no difference but i did notice the better PQ on particular movies with grain with the Dune vision so i just mention it.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  8. Enet

Enet Active Member

List of bugs I've found. Latest firmware but have been occurring since day 1 for me.
    1. Unit turns off then does not turn back on. Red indicator light seems to flash every few seconds like it's trying to turn back on.
    2. I have to fix the resolution at 1080/24 to make sure the screen appears.
    3. Some times the unit starts up but then freezes for about 30 seconds before working.
    4. 3DBD tag does not show up on posters. But if I select a title from a collection then exit the title the tag is there. But if I leave the collection and go back in then the tag is gone again.
    5. TVDB has improved but when trying it for a TV series it still has issues.

9. Nice Monkey

For problems 1, 2 and 3 do a factory reset and see if that helps. These are not normal and never have seen those. 4 and 5 is work in progress and not hard problems.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. Enet

Enet Active Member

Thanks I've had those problems for a couple of firmware releases but I will try a factory reset to make sure.

Point 4 is weird because the the most sensible way to code it would be for all the tags 4k/HDR/DVD and 3DB to use the same function. Then a simple call to that function with the appropriate parameter is all that is needed. The fact that 3DBD works differently suggests that they haven't coded it this way.

Another couple of issues:
    1. Posters are not marked as watched inside collections which is really annoying.
    2. If a film is watched in 4K but not in 3D then they have both got to be set as watched. Otherwise the logic assumes that it is part of the same film and puts it under watching.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  11. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Thank you for adding item 24 to the error list, about which I have already written many times ...............

12. Nice Monkey

Tried again with FW 6.3.22 and it was far better there but not good. Vía DAC not a problem at all.
    Yeah it absolutely went the wrong way. :(

I hope now that DV/HDR and HT are working like most like it to do also BD menu gets some attention. Will move it to red if more of the recent releases are not working due to multi language related problems.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  13. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Confirmed aggregated problems FW V6.3.26 is the header title, but it is mostly past firmwares. Seems misleading.

14. Nice Monkey

If you see anything solved in the list please report it here. :rolleyes:

These are aggregated problems (=reported on previous FW versions but never solved). Changed the title adding "upto". Some exist for many years even.
    Reading all replies is a walk through time with history of problems reported and solved with FW's released. ;)

Please don't shout on my posts, that is not very polite. :(

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Sorry about that, was a cut and paste that I didn't double check.

Nice Monkey and Markswift2003 like this.
  16. FrankV

FrankV New Member

I don't know if it's a known problem but when i select a 4k blue ray iso file it only plays at 1920x1080.
    Plain 4k mkv's play just fine at 4k.

17. Markswift2003

I don't see that - 4K BluRay ISO and BDMV play at 4K.

I seem to remember there was a resolution issue ages ago, but not now.

18. FrankV

FrankV New Member

Strange if I play the stream from the bdmv folder the m2ts file it does play at 4k.
    But if I choose to play from the bd menu or normal HT40 it still is at 1920:1080.
    Could it be a settings issue. ??

19. Markswift2003

Not if MKVs and straight M2TS files play ok.

This is only a guess but I wonder if the menu is at 1080p and this is a similar bug to the ISO/BDMV menu framerate issue.

I assume this doesn't happen with all UHD BluRays?

20. nathaniel fuller

nathaniel fuller New Member

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

Is there a way when using filters to select multiple sources and fix it like that for each widget? Eg Movies- source 1,2,3 and tv shows source 4,5,6