Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's definitely possible and I agree it's absolutely vital - I brought this up a while ago in a bug report but it has yet to be fixed.

Unfortunately, as I've said many times, database housekeeping is very haphazard with HT - even if you delete a title and then rematch, the previous data is retained and reused on a rematch. After a period of time the database becomes very messy with unwanted and unused entries.

I use local info when scanning - NFOs, artwork and trailers so every now and again I reset the database and rescan from scratch but you have to be very careful when doing this to make sure everything is in order so that the posters etc all return exactly as previously. But if you get it right, it's quite a fast process - but you shouldn't need to do this - the database should take care of itself.

Badges like 4K and HDR are gathered by mediainfo when playing a file so theoretically they would always be correct if rematching worked properly and reset the database entries correctly.

Atmos, DTS badges etc are only applied from the use of suffixes, so you do have complete control over that by changing the filename suffixes to match the content.

Mabon likes this.
  2. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I have just finished watching "A Quiet Place 2" in Dolby Vision from an mkv file I myself did with MakeMKV from the BD 4K ISO file. I noticed several color glitches (that appear and then disappear by pausing, going back and playing again) and also a couple of green screens (always in the same frames). Is it just me with this DV title or could it be an issue of the FW? Anyone else noticed anything strange with DV movies?
    Yesterday evening I watched an HDR10 movie and everything was fine...

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Did you try playing the full BD as a comparison? I have created my own MKV using latest MakeMKV but not watched it yet. If you can give me any time codes as an example I can see if I get the same issues.

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

yes I always do

giangi76 likes this.
  5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes i have same problem just watched part 2 and no this is not the same problem that oliverQC mentions, this is different never seen this before. Almost like its switching from HDR to SDR and back again and if you rewind will look ok. Until the next glitch the title credits at the end is a perfect example.

giangi76 likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I speak in general for the green flash,

for ''A quiet place part 2'', I will watch it with this new FW tonight to see if I have the same problems as you and I give you news.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have spot checked both the full movie ISO and my own MakeMKV remux. Apart from the known and for me occasional green flash when skipping back I don't see any other issues.

When you say the title credits is a perfect example what do you mean? The credits are just scrolling text on a black background. Maybe post a video of what you see?

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

The credits kind of flashes, you need to watch the movie from start to finish because does not appear straight away. within 30mins you should see the problem occur.

I am using a Panasonic GZ950 and the zidoo is set to TV led for the HDR, This was not an issue with previous firmware

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I just finished the movie and I did not notice anything wrong, I only have the ISO version.

10. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Exactly! This is what happens to me too! Yes, you are right it happened to me during the end credits too, but it occured randomly also in several other moments. And I also got the green flashes that I've never seen before with previous FWs (before 6.3.20)

I am using Player led and VS10 for Dolby Vision... but I also tried TV led and "Auto" for the HDR settings... nothing changed

11. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

The problem is you can't spot check, but really need to watch because these "glitches" happen randomly. If you stop and play the same sequence again, the issue won't be there again

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Not even the green flashes? I will have to watch the ISO too and check then! ;)

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've been seeing green flashes for about 6 firmwares. but it depends on the movie and only happens with Dolby Vision titles. Really annoying!

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Glad its not just me, maybe just a MKV problem will be interesting to see if duplicated on other movies with DV MKV, oh and never seen green flashes just really awful colour rainbows difficult to describe. The scene towards the end when they get out of the boat on the island was horrendous.

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I managed to do some quick testing before going to work. With the mkv file of "A Quiet Place 2" in DV I always have a green flash at 1h02m44s (as example, if you want to check too). Regarding the strange "color glitches" this time I saw one at 3m24s when he starts cutting the orange. But once again I went back and playbacked again and it looked fine.... so it's really random... my only doubt is that "Forced subtitles" could be triggering the issue during a complete playback (but it is really just a personal assumption at the moment).
    I also gave a quick look at the ISO and @OlivierQC is right, no green flash and during the first 10 minutes playback I managed to see, no "glitch" appeared...

Then I tried to playback the mkv file of "Basic Instinct" (also in Dolby Vision) and a green flash appeared at 4m2s (while she is tying him to the bed). I just had the time to watch the first 10 minutes and no glitch came up.

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I only have MKV files on my NAS that feeds my UHD3000, so far no green flashes. Maybe it's ISO specific

17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

No it's not (at least on my unit, which is Z9X and not UHD3000)... as I stated, already 2 titles and only with mkvs... with the ISO (A Quiet Place 2) no green flash. I also normally store only mkvs on my NAS

18. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yea looks to be a MKV issue, not had time to try others at moment. I am using the Zidoo Z1000 pro. I watched about a dozen DV mkv before this update and never had no issues.

19. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,
    Who can provide a MKV file to me for green flash testing?

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Flashing green after seek is a known problem because RPU data is missing while seek to some keyframes then entering the DV parser. It's not up to zidoo to decide, and I don't think it's a big problem.
    We are talking about an individual who encountered the occasional flashing green screen of MKV DV now. Please don't confuse, it will only make things more complicated and confusing.
    We tested a lot of MKV files and couldn't reproduce it. It would be great if someone could provide a sample. PM :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    dr4go and Markswift2003 like this.