Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

7. Optimize 3D menus playback.

Can confirm that Blu-ray 3D ISOs are working now even when played with menus, tested 4 ISOs.

2. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Frame rate switch still does not work for 4K ISOs when played in menu mode.

2012-menu.jpg AFGM-menu.jpg

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yea try gemini man should output at 60. instead of 24.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks for testing. :)

Use BD Menu only when being essential myself. ;)

Problems with BD-Menu are very common if the menu is multi-language which is more often the case with recent movies including UHD.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  5. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Could. But why? The same goes for Blu-ray ISOs where the movie is in 24 Hz instead of 23.x Hz. Menu playback is still a pain in the ass with the Z9X.

6. maglione

maglione Member

Files mp4 with Dolby Vision audio is out of sync.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A known bug and being worked on.

8. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

I'm always using menus when first watching a disc/ISO, to select specific featurettes or trailers.

Whatever, the Dune has arrived. I'm very excited.

Tarantula likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Updated with FW 6.3.20 and previous FW green items removed.
    The list is getting shorter which is always good news. I just hope DVD and BD menu's get some attention now that DV finally seems to be doing what it is expected to do for all.

Solved:
    4. Kino Lorber BD movies not finding the single subtitles included (mostly EN)
    When playing without menu the player reports no subtitles found. When playing with BD Menu though there is an option for toggling subtitles ON/OFF which works then just fine.
    All movies of Kino Lorber have this problem. KL is famous for releasing large quantities of restored classic movies.
    https://www.klstudioclassics.com/
    According Zidoo there is no subtitle track in the MPLS of these movies, while the subtitle track displays without problem for M2TS. So looks like a structural mastering problem of KL.
    Solved to my pleasant surprise as they mentioned it being a low priority problem just a few days ago to me. Apparently was an easy fix.

9. MP does not support UTF-8 when reading tag files.
    Only English is displayed normally. National symbols (Russian for example) is displayed as Chinese characters.
    Solved with FW 6.3.21 (or earlier, never reproduced it myself).
    @ATROX Please confirm

Mentioned here but not in my list (as it was a new function):
    Files mp4 with Dolby Vision audio is out of sync.

15. Netflix giving an 1044 error when play is started.
    Netflix applied apparently a ban on actual movie playback with the Zidoo Featured APP player producing this error when tried. It seems Dune & Himedia players now got that same Netflix treatment too, so unlikely to be totally fixed.The APP was removed as being featured by Zidoo. Running missing some high end features is most likely when installing the APP yourself.
    Will remove it with the next update (not solved but the claim being supported was withdrawn).

Please help me updating this list and keeping it accurate. ;)
    Can't reproduce all mentioned problems myself due to mainly using different languages or setup.

Is the SMB problem now solved?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  10. Nice Monkey

Updated to FW 6.3.21 and changed the Netflix problem status to: Removed as a featured APP by Zidoo.

Is the SMB problem now solved?
    Unless reported as still problematic, under to be specified in detail conditions, it will be changed to Green.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

MP does not support UTF-8 when reading tag files.
    should be solved.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Updated the BD Menu and DVD Menu problem descriptions.

The BD-menu problem is actually growing in importance now that the region protections are removed resulting in multi menu language versions becoming more common. UHD has no regions anymore and often the same policy is now applied to matching BD releases too to simplify global distributions. Unfortunately these menus most often aren't processed correctly. I am close to start marking this problem red (it depends on the percentage of new releases not working).

It for sure can be done but I am not so sure it can be done (easily) keeping the many typical Zidoo options also available during playback with menus?

This is the big differentiation point of the competition which handles playback with menus as if it is a disc based player with only matching features of such a player plus the optional features provided by the disc itself (java driven)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Nice monkey,

I have a lot of problems with the Bdmenu and the DV iso's which are more and more numerous.

Here is a .rar file, it's a video I made and sent to Zidoo a few days ago to give you an idea of my problem.

https://mega.nz/file/S3gQmAaQ#ZOxqnvWU45H-8xLnYTy5hjnajRWODpciIf18zWuWE64

this is only an example because I have other films with this problem or also with the one you describe on page 1 which is an old problem

in summary for me and my use it is worse and worse.

See you soon

14. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Hey Mark
    I see the zidoo z10 pro doesn't support TV DV in 12 bit but only in rgb 8 bit on a LG C1, zidoo z10 pro is connected to a sennheiser ambeo HDMI 1 . In LL DV there is no problem 12 bit is supported 422.
    switching the device to Dune Vision i see TV DV is supported in 12 bit so no troubles there. Is there a workaround or do does need to be fixed in a future firmware ?

15. Nice Monkey

This is a BD with multi language menu. They (mostly) don't work. Nothing new. Reason why they become more common is in the description.

Problems with BD-Menu are more common also if the menu itself is multi-language which is often the case with recent movie releases including UHD versions. These have no region limits anymore resulting in wider global language versions being released. These don't work.

16. OlivierQC

Great :(

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  17. Nice Monkey

Mark already explained this many times. DV 12-bit is being tunneled via 8-Bit RGB for HDMI 1.4 compatibility.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

And just to add to what @Nice Monkey correctly said, that's how TV Led DV is designed to work: 12-bit DV transported in 8-bit RGB and reconstituted into 12-bit at the screen.

19. OlivierQC

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  20. Markswift2003

Behave ;)