Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Press "Popup Menu" the select "Disband Collection" to delete one you don't want.

2. rtos

rtos Member

Mabon
    that is what I'm looking for. So many extra "Collections" in the list that are just not needed. Thanks for the info

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  3. rtos

rtos Member

Question on saving data.
    In the Setting > Library section is a "Export NFO" option at bottom of page.
    It says it is saving scanned data to corresponding directory.
    Q: What directory is it saving to and where is this directory located?

4. Markswift2003

It will export MovieName.nfo, MovieName-poster.jpg and MovieName-fanart.jpg to the directory in which the movie resides.

5. Markswift2003

Open it with a decent text editor like TextPad and it's fine:

upload_2021-6-21_16-48-28.png

Open it with an XML aware program like Word and it will even indent:

upload_2021-6-21_16-52-1.png

6. Markswift2003

Ah ;)

Mabon likes this.
  7. rtos

rtos Member

OK so I’m not really sure what this "Export NFO" is suppose to do
    Markswift2003 says it "export MovieName.nfo, MovieName-poster.jpg and MovieName-fanart.jpg to the directory in which the movie resides"
    So I gave this a try. I added two movie files to my Movie data base folder. Scanned with HT 4, HT4 recognized the new movies and created a poster with basic info.
    I then used the "Export NFO" function and according to Markswift2003 I should see some new files in the same folder that movie resides.
    Nothing happened no extra files appeared.
    The above three files where never created when HT4 scan was done so I guess nothing to Export.
    So is HT4 suppose to create the above three files that Markswift2003 mentioned above?
    I do use TinyMM and it will create the three mentioned files.
    But if you don't use TinyMM then what do you use?

Netmask likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Does the share have write permissions?

upload_2021-6-22_9-27-32.png

9. Markswift2003

"Corresponding Directory" means the one where the movie file is.

The "Poster Folder" is different - that holds the .hometheatre and .poster3 which contain the cached posters/fanart/Logos/settings and custom widget icons respectively.

I use "Custom Folder" and keep it on the box in "Storage://" (using local resources means there is very little stored there)

Mabon likes this.
  10. rtos

rtos Member

Mabon
    My "Poster Folder" was set to "Priority save to device" I did change the option to "Custom folders" and directed the path to my NAS. A " .HomeTheater" folder was created on my NAS. I expect any posters created now will be saved to my NAS instead of the Zidoo. I'll have to experiment with this setup. I'm not sure if the Zidoo can access and poster saved in the .Hometheater folder on my NAS to use in HT4. Or if there is any way to move the poster art in the .Hometheater folder on my NAS to the Zidoo .Hometheater folder.
    Markswift2003 since you are using a Custom Folder option have you seen any problem with the access of posters saved in your Custom folder and is you Custom folder located on an external drive?
    I still have question of this "Export NFO" Like Mabon I use TMM to create the NFO files but if the "Export NFO" is suppose to write NFO back to the "Corresponding Folder" it's not happening.
    If you open a NFO with txt editor at the top of the file is a creation date. If Export NFO was recreating the NFO file then I would expect this create date to change. It does not after doing an export.
    And like I said before when I added two new movie files to my NAS and after a Scan with HT4 no NFO files where created.

11. Markswift2003

My custom folder is on the Zidoo in the Storage directory and as I say, because I use local resources (posters and backdrops) for scraping, it holds very few files.

If you use an external drive the danger is that if the drives sleeps, the resources are unavailable so it's better to keep the Custom Folder on the box.

There's nothing to setup on the Zidoo for the NFO export to work, but as I say, the Zidoo must obviously have write access. In my case the movie folder has public access to make life easy.

12. rtos

rtos Member

Zidoo stores the posters, backgrounds and banners in a .Hometheater folder on the Zidoo in the "MediaCenter">"File Manger" folder in the "Storage" folder in the .Hometheater folder. If you created a Custom Folder won't you just end up with two .Homtheater folder on the Zidoo?
    I'll have to check my write permissions from my NAS to see if something is out of wack.
    TinyMM has been working out for me just have to careful on what order you accomplish items otherwise you end up repeat and redoing.
    It sounds like Mabon uses TinyMM maybe he knows or anyone else knows where TMM stores its data on the computer and that is on a MAC.

13. Markswift2003

If you change the location of the Custom Folder, then yes, a new .hometheatre folder is created and used. The old one can be deleted.

14. rtos

rtos Member

Mabon
    The layout on my NAS is the same. What I do is have TMM "Rename and Cleanup" the file. This will add additional info like resolution (1080p, 2160p) audio type. I then manual add 3D if 3D movie or DV is Dolby video. This will then show up in HT when you select the movie.
    Duck Soup that's a great movie nice choice.

Mabon likes this.
  15. rtos

rtos Member

An interesting problem has occurred. I've lost some of my poster art. Maybe 15-20% of the posters are blank. Most of the posters that are blank have been there since my first scan.
    I did return the "poster Folder" back to "Priority save to device" put that happened yesterday and this problem did not occur till today. I was updating the image on some new items in a collection and the image disappeared when I tried to add in the Change Image function the image would flash but would not save and stay blank. I did a scan and ended up loosing more poster.
    I did notice that the images I tried to upload where not saved in the .Hometheater folder so I'm thinking that the save path is corrupted. I check my Custom folder that I created and the posters are not there.
    Any suggestions

16. rtos

rtos Member

Solved my problem. I had to power down my NAS for a couple hours. After powering back up the IP address did not change but the Zidoo path was broken. I just redid the Source path and then all was well.

I do have another problem with a Movie. I have two Movies The Amazing Spider Man and The Amazing Spider Man 2. HT4 will scan and recognize and post the second movie but I can not get it to recognize the first movie.
    I have verified and reverified the titles and can not get HT4 to recognize the first movie.
    I read a post here that someone else has a similar problem with movies that are numbered this way. There was a fix but I can not find that post

Any help here?

Mabon likes this.
  17. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

is it possible to have the dolbyvision logo and HDR for the same movie? because I have a movie which is DV and HDR indicated like this : film name (2021) .4K.dv.HDR.truehdatmos.5.1 but only the 1st logo (dolby vision) is indicated, if I reverse : film name ( 2021) .4K.HDR.dv.truehdatmos.5.1 only the HDR logo is shown.
    Thank you for your reply.

18. Markswift2003

If a movie is Dolby Vision, HDR is assumed because of the the base layer (unless it's Profile 5 which would be unusual since UHD BluRay doesn't support Profile 5) so there's really no need to flag it.

It'd be a bit like have HDR10+ and HDR10 logos for an HDR10+ movie.

19. rtos

rtos Member

AS Markswift2003 says if its DV no need to label it HDR. DV is a step above HDR 10+ just like HDR 10+ is a step above HDR10. I've never tried labeling my movies HDR 10 or HDR 10+. If its HDR10 or 10+ I just use HDR in the title. If its DV I will then use DV in the title. TinyMM will not add the HDR or DV info to the title so if you want this info added to title you will need to manually add. When I use TinyMM and rename my files TMM will do as such:
    NameMovie (Date) 2160p OR 1080p if 720p then nothing added Highest Audio Track.mkv. If you want to add HDR or DV I do it after the Audio Track.
    TMM is almost perfect and I say this only because there has been only 1 move that I have had problem with in adding the additional info. Have not yet found a reason.

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with you on this