Play BD ISO on Kodi with menu

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by Free_Willy, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Free_Willy

Free_Willy New Member

Hello community!
    I use Zidoo Z9S with the actual Firmware and Kodi 18.7 with XBMC Wrapper. If starting BDiso file from Kodi, only the main movie starts to playback if internal player is selected. If selecting BDiso file over the Media Center -app playback starts perfectly, with menu. How to setup Kodi/Wrapper/Ziddoo/ to use the internal player with BD menu, not main movie only?

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Get yourself a Fire TV stick, run Kodi and complain somewhere else

3. Free_Willy

Free_Willy New Member

I'm not complaining. Don't reply if you have no idea. This kind of posting is as useless as decaffeinated coffee.

4. McBluna

Okay! What's wrong with Home Theater? Why do you want to use Kodi?

5. Free_Willy

Free_Willy New Member

I invested a lot of time to get Kodi look like it looks right now, with tons of customised fan art and so on. Kodi is working just fine on Zidoo but with the wrong internal player. Home Theater do not have the advantages of Kodi and furthermore Home Theater needs write permissions on NAS, to store covers and so on. My network storage is cofigured for reading access only, with no exceptions.

6. McBluna

You can configure Home Theater to store the covers on the internal storage. Actually a Zidoo Player is not the best choice to use it with Kodi.

7. McBluna

Btw Kodi doesn't really support full blu ray menus on any platform. That the reason why I use a Zidoo player.

8. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

So it seems your playercorefactory.xml is not configured correctly. I am not an expert for this file, so i am using ZDMC. It is based on KODI 18.4 but configured to use the Zidoo Player. You dont have the newest KODI, but version 18.4. And it works fine out of the box.
    If you still want to try wit KODI 18.7 i can send you the playercorefactory.xml from my ZDMC installation.

9. Free_Willy

Free_Willy New Member

Thank you for your offer. I'd like to try out your version of playercorefactory.xlm file on my Kodi. I installed ZDMC after Kodi installation and it operates with the Kodi player only, I think because of wrong playcorefactory.xml too.

10. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

Have you uninstalled KODI and XBMC Wrapper before installing ZDMC? Otherwise they may disturb each other.
    Then you have to select "External Player" in the ZDMC player settings, so the Zidoo Player ist used.
    If you want to try with KODI and wrapper, i have attached the playercorefactory.

Attached Files:

11. TheFonz

TheFonz New Member

There is a beta version of XMBC Wrapper available that makes it possible to play bd iso with menu on KODI. I've tried it with KODI 18.8 and it works. See also screen shot from playstore

Attached Files:

12. McBluna

You need an invitation

Attached Files:

13. TheFonz

TheFonz New Member

You don't need an invitation (at least I didn't). By executing the link which is shown in the playstore ('play.google.com/apps/testing/hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper') you're automatically admitted to the beta test group with the google account you enter. If you download the XMBC wrapper from the playstore with the same google account, the beta version will automatically be downloaded.
    Unfortunately I'm not allowed to add a direct link.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  14. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

Did you get the menus in kodi?

15. TheFonz

TheFonz New Member

As XMBC wrapper is starting the zidoo player, you will get all the features of the zidoo player (including menu from BD iso).

16. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hi, i have kodi installed on zidoo because i like the interface better, it uses the zidoo player but it doesn't show me menus, do you know if you can? Thank you

17. TheFonz

TheFonz New Member

Kodi on itself doesn't start the zidoo player, I use XMBCwrapper in conjunction with Kodi. XMBCwrapper start the zidoo player. I purchased and installed XMBCwrapper last year and Zidoo was supported in a beta version of XMBCwrapper. I'm not sure if there is a final version now that supports Zidoo. The zidoo player can show bd menus, but has it's limitations (see various posts).
    I have an X9S and my X9S is 'connected' to the same google account with which I purchased XMBCwrapper.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  18. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

I have the zidoo z9x and all the menus are very good, I see a lot of fuss to make it work hahahaha, thanks