[Feature Request] EDID Emulation

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by bobocher, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

That could make a difference in my Epson TW9300! :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - so Vertex between the Zidoo and soundbar. You select Custom EDID 10 which is the one I wrote and that tells the Zidoo it's connected to an LLDV 1000nit BT.2020 display:

upload_2020-10-3_11-33-9.png

You then see an option for LLDV in the Zidoo HDR options:

Screenshot_20201003-113630.png

This is as far as I go because using a JVC projector, I select HDR curves manually however I think with your Sony you will need to tell the projector that it's receiving an HDR signal so you need to create a custom HDR infoframe to send to the projector:

upload_2020-10-3_11-43-24.png

Basically here you are creating an HDR string that tells the projector to switch to BT.2020 1000nit HDR but only do that when it receives an LLDV input (from the Zidoo).

All sounds a bit convoluted, but honestly, play with it for a bit and it'll become second nature.

Cyclion and skelton like this.
  3. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Hi. How can I delete the Custom EDID entries?

4. Markswift2003

Press the Menu button.

5. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Thanks for your help, but it doesn't work. I pressed the menu button but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? I had the cursor on the Custom edid window or on the entries such as e.g. samsung q55 ode4 sony-8000 and press the menĂ¼ button, but unfortunately nothing happens, no deletion menu opens.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  6. Markswift2003

You can't delete the default ones, only ones you've added.

7. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Yes, I wanted to delete the entries, e.g. samsung q55 or sony-8000. i go to the entry with the cursor key and press the menu key, but unfortunately nothing happens, no delete menu opens.

8. Markswift2003

As I say, you can't delete the default ones.

9. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

That means the entries from Samsung and Sony are standard settings from Zidoo? I did not know that.

10. Markswift2003

Yes that's correct.

Zidixx likes this.
  11. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Thank you for your quick help.

Markswift2003 likes this.