Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

its not really stuttering, it freezes and then crashes the video. Ive watched 2 films lats night with DV and off the NTFS formatted drive with no issues. I think the issues are happening swapping between movies or changing through a lot of chapters and its freaking it out. Maybe the RAM isn't clearing and running out when changing titles and skipping. Just a guess though

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

No, I’m just mentioning my issue because I don’t want people who knew about my issue mistook it that it was on the exFAT disk. Nothing to do with your issue except that I don’t have a problem with exFAT. Sorry for the confusion.

johnwoods41 likes this.
  3. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Guys, I just tried to watch Super 8 UHD.iso and playback is very jerky, is anyone else having this issue?

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

What I really do not like: If you set audio and subtitle language to a fix setting let's say english and it is not the default one following happens: Movie starts normal then after 3-7 seconds the pic freezes while the audio starts over and then also the movie continues after the 3-7 seconds when it reaches the point of the frozen picture. NOT NICE.........Tested in 6.2.5, 6.3.2, 6.3.7 with Samba (more delay) worse than with NFS.........Can you look into that one please, if i set auto audio and subtitle it uses default ones and when I switch manually it is without any noticable delay.......

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Super 8 played fine for me ....did mine as mkv and no issues and looked/sounded awesome
    I play all mine smb to hdds on pc ,or hdd direct to the usb3 ,and i NEVER use HT

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if its MKVs you could just run the mkv thru mkvtoolnix and change language to english as first choice....doesnt take too long

i get similar thing thou only a minor pause when i watch the Star Trek Voyager AI 4k upscales someones making atm....problem is theyre all german default ,but the pause is minor so i ignore it (they look pretty damn nice too and VS10 makes them even nicer if slight black crush

7. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Thanks for the tip! I have so many files where German is the 1st language but I like to watch it in english too much work. Since it is at the start its OK but sill never had this issue with X9S why I do not know.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have this in BDMV format and plays fine - no issues.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, playback is fine here too (ISO).

The ISO plays fine in HDR10 using v6.3.2 (with the exception that the language selection screen doesn't show properly - same as all Paramount rips I've tried)

(It also plays fine in Dolby Vision using v6.3.2 but you need to start it from the chapters selection rather than "play movie" because it returns back to the main menu using that option)

But as I say, actual playback is pefect.

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

In my case, mkv, HDR10, via HT (6.3.7b) runs fine. No issues !!

11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Firmware 6.3.7b will be available for Z9X too? What's the release date and changelog?

Sincerely

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  13. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

The same jerkiness is now happening to GoDzilla vs. Kong, its quite strange that I am the only one having this issue.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Godzilla vs Kong BDMV file type played fine for me

AND is an excellent audio for Dolby Atmos heights ...lots going on there , plus visually top notch too with DV ...think i read it was full native 4k 6k video mastered to 4k with 4k special effects

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

thanks for v6.3.12
    now my minix air mouse can properly function again