Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I Haave tried both the G and No-Gaps version of the the 6.3.7 beta. Trailers play but i have no sound whatsoever. It appears to be muted through youtube autoplay feature, just like when it plays in a small window in a browser on a pc or chromebook.

Toggling autoplay does not good as it resets everytime through HT 4.0 or other streaming apps as well .

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Silly question, but you haven't got the volume turned down have you?

The volume control does not affect bitstream audio (Dolby, DTS) so it wouldn't affect that, but it will affect trailer volume.

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Don't speculate any more. I think is the engineer got a wrong streaming. So will solve it on next version

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi Mirror there a chance on update any day soon sort out Trailers ?

thanks

5. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

So I unfortunately I installed the 6.3.7 update, on my end I don't any improvement except the DV playback in BD Menu.
    I am wondering how Oppo or the Panasonic's UHD players handle Bluray Disc with HDR10+ and DOLBY Vision metadata because with this new update the Zidoo only plays DV and there is no option to select HDR10+.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm not sure either how the Oppo or Panasonic handle it - certainly my Sony just plays DV.

DV vs HDR10+ on a BluRay player is a little different than DV vs HDR10+ on a Zidoo though - or at least it is for FEL content.

With the Zidoo since the video in both instances is the same stream, the only real difference is the metadata and since both are derived from the Dolby Master, there'd be no great difference there either.

However, if you want to output HDR10+ only you can load a custom EDID with HDR10+ but no DV.

The included Samsung one would do, but this one is a 600MHz full audio EDID with HDR10+ only:

https://mega.nz/file/lap3iACC#rSAsqeJ1khmRX5QsfLrpeTriaIbhWH5faEyTanYQwg8

Movie78 and Thanos like this.
  7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

first thing i thought of was pcm volume or manual volume muted for some reason. Thought maybe the G-apps version would fix it with a better framework. Then i tried downloading a mixer since zidoo doesn't give you all the options for the volume panel. What is happening is any app triggering a youtube video is muted. on the url access. I mentioned it could be the autoplay setting on youtube. it does that same thing in some other apps that call youtube trailers. "NUM" FYI. It calls the trailer to a muted video. in that app the remedy is to click pause play to toggle the automute setting. As mentioned this is the way browsers handle autoplay setting as well such as safari and chrome so that it doesn't blare audio in a mini-window when playing.
    If you multitask the youtube app while HT 4.0 trailers are playing you can unmute the volume, but not directly from the HT 4.0. This is why I believe the auto mute setting is doing this. No matter what setting it is reset to mute through HT 4.0 or the other app mentioned. I believe its at the OS build level.

I was more curious if it was something that could be fixed than wondering why a beta that was not supposed to be released has an audio issue with trailers. Its all fun and sometimes educational in the process. I usually live on betas , have done tivo, directv edge, nvidia shield ios and google betas. I am not scared.

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Try this version.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-your-help-10-jun-test-version-updated.87612/

pcristi likes this.
  9. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

I’m having lots of issues with my UHD3000 all of a sudden I’m getting lots of crashing while playing mkvs. The picture freezes and goes to the Home Screen, then sometimes can’t remember where it last ended. Sometimes I get a black screen when I start it again and crashes. I’m playing from two internal WD red pro 14TB drives formatted in exfat with Guid partition ( I don’t have a pc) ! I’ve tried factory reset also as well has reformatting a drive. It’s starting to be come unwatchable now. It’s very strange as I wasn’t getting any issues. Not sure if there is some hardware issue? Any help appreciated

thanks John

10. H1982

H1982 New Member

[QUOTE = "johnwoods41, post: 154417, member: 72188"] Estou tendo muitos problemas com meu UHD3000 de repente, estou tendo muitos travamentos ao jogar mkvs. A imagem congela e vai para a tela inicial, mas às vezes não consigo lembrar onde terminou pela última vez. Às vezes, recebo uma tela preta ao iniciá-lo novamente e trava. Estou jogando com duas unidades internas WD red pro de 14TB formatadas em exfat com partição Guid (não tenho pc)! Também tentei redefinir as configurações de fábrica e reformatar uma unidade. Está começando a se tornar inacessível agora. É muito estranho, pois não estava tendo problemas. Não tem certeza se há algum problema de hardware? Qualquer ajuda apreciada

obrigado John [/ QUOTE]
    the 14tb hard drive cannot be in exfat format it has to be in NTFS GTP format without repartition is to put that the box is not playing right try to remove the disk give the box put an external disk look if the problem is disk or box

johnwoods41 likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

ExFAT is meant for SD-Cards and USB sticks not for HDD's as it does not have a robust filesystem dealing with bad sectors.

H1982 and johnwoods41 like this.
  12. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Thanks, So I need o reformat to NTFS then? seems strange that its only just started . The disks are new could there be any damage that is causing the freezing? this worries me slightly.

is there a bets way to do this on a Mac? I have parallels

13. H1982

H1982 New Member

sim você tem que formatar o disco rígido em NTFS GTP no Mac ou Windows

johnwoods41 likes this.
  14. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Thanks, formatted and loading a few films to test, will let you know how I get on :)

H1982 likes this.
  15. H1982

H1982 New Member

16. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

So loaded 14 films on there, the one that was crashing most "Gladiator UHD" seems ok and Zidoo has recognised the drive fine. assuming I can load my library backup once all are transferred and not have to re math films etc? also is it best practice to allow some capacity left on the HDDs if so how much.

thanks for you help.

17. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Exactly the same transferred another 100 films and freezes every 3 mins, this is now 4 days of trying to sort this.

18. H1982

H1982 New Member

is the box still having the same file playback problem?

19. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

yes it was doing exactly then same but I think I have discovered a bug to do with bookmarking, I’ve turned this off and I have had no issues in the last 2 hours! I will write up in more detail tomorrow!

H1982 likes this.
  20. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

So I tested last night with the HDD in GPT NTFS and I had the same issue with Gladiator UHD MKV but seems ok with other films for now

When it freezes and crashes it cant remember the last position and when starting again it has a black screen with the resume prompt over then crashes again. So I thought it might be an issue with the bookmarking

My solution I thought to make this bearable was to turn off bookmarking this seems to be more stable but then I noticed that the end of the film credits it has an issue each time it’s played it skips and jumps, I only noticed this after waking up up on the couch after falling a sleep as I don't tend to watch credits.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the MKV rip so I re did but it’s the same. Replaced the file and the same, reset application data and the same.

I don’t get this issue playing direct from the hard disk or through Samba with the drive in the UHD 3000 playing from my computer.

There are no issues with the two drives I have that have been reported when scanned they say no bad sectors or issues

Equip
    Jvc x7900
    Vertex 2
    Lldv setting
    Match frame rate is on

Next steps I suppose is to rip an ISO of the file and test that? but I was trying to avoid iso if I can

Puzzled any thoughts?