Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

By the way since 6.3.2 I have a small stutter on the start of any file for around 2-5 seconds, picture freezes and sound starts from the beginning, after that it runs nice.....anyone also having that issue???

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Same thing with me and not better with the 'wrong last' update.

3. Armin Moesslacher

with 6.3.7 the start issues are even worse (at least in my setup).....

4. bipbip2077

bipbip2077 New Member

I sent an email to zidoo and he replied the following:

Could you tell us which Z9X firmware you are installing now?
    We will contact engineers to check the problem.

Best regards,
    Zidoo Team

Email: service@zidoo.tv

5. Armin Moesslacher

I found out that this is related to automatic audio and subtitle settings (in the menu main settings -> "player") in 6.2.5 the delay is around 0,8 sec from 6.3.2 onwards 4-7 seconds just for Zidoo notice (my files have sometimes German as main but I selected english (USA) in the menu settings for audio and subtitle.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Installed 6.3.7 for shits and giggles. Seems to be an alpha version! You can certainly get DV via bluray menu but not very stable. Done some testing but not comprehensive as late

Movie trailers fixed

Pressing the info button while playing DV movie from bluray menu can kick you out of the movie back to HT4.

HT4 has changed a lot of things around names of widgets and dialogs.

'TV' is now 'TV Series'
    'Movies' is now oddly 'The Film',
    'Unmatched' is now 'Not Matched'
    'Sources' is 'Device Management'

The font seems different as well.

Other strange translations in the HT4 gui. For some dialogs have option 'Cancel' or 'Deter'? I guess Deter should be OK.

Many other buttons now have titles that are longer than the dialog box which causes them to scroll - looks a mess. Example is the TV 'Clean up matching information' function.

When changing a poster you get the option to change the Poster and Stills. Surely 'Stills' should be called Background poster?

There is an odd new TV series feature that allows you to set an offset to start episode later and to end earlier. This is supposed to allow the starting after the titles and ending before credits. It seems pretty useless as you have to actually set a time. What if you get it wrong? You will miss the start or end. Who thought this was a good idea?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...er-need-your-help-test-version-updated.87612/

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have already joined and did some checking of UK-GB some weeks ago. What I don't understand is how these issues have crept in such as 'Cancel' and 'Deter' instead of 'Cancel' and 'OK'/'Confirm' and changing 'Movies' to 'The Film'?!

9. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Why was 6.3.7 wasn't released in this forum?

I am still have issue with my Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark.ISO.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It was a Chinese test version that shouldn't have found it's way here. Links were removed by the OP.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm stuck with it now! Serves me right for gobbling up any beta available.

I can live with it until the next release.

At least trailers work and I can (more or less) play DV from BD menus

12. Markswift2003

I got sent it by Mirror and installed it before I knew anything about it!

I couldn't cope with the bad English so I've reverted to the previous one (after testing).

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I can't be bothered to go through the re flashing process. Hopefully another firmware will be along soon?

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

That is the right approach
    It be along soon
    Just not worth a pottential brick up !

15. Markswift2003

I like the challenge :)

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

you scare everyone by talking about making a brick for a banal downgrade which is well explained on the site of Zidoo

17. Markswift2003

I never had any issues using the emergency flash procedure on previous models (X9S, Z9S) but I managed to brick the Z9X following this procedure.

It's possible this was because it was the very early beta stage and certainly restoring the other day posed no problems, but everyone needs to be aware that this procedure is not without risk.

darkeyes909 and Tarantula like this.
  18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes I know it is written in the procedure of Zidoo

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Same here. A few weeks after getting my Z9X I attempted the emergency flash and it bricked the device. I think the flash firmware is better now and much safer. However I'll wait.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Seems like a long time to wait for an update..... Prob cause they're too busy making more buggy products to sell us. At least I got an update so TVDB works now.

Tarantula likes this.