Trailers not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, May 20, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are you on v6.3.2?

Settings/Preferences in HT4:

upload_2021-5-31_19-54-57.png

dapro likes this.
  2. dapro

dapro Member

I don't have that attitude. am not on 6.3.2. I have the UHD 2000. where do I get addicted 6.3.2

3. Markswift2003

Ah sorry - that's a 1296 player I'm referring to firmware available for 1619 players.

4. dapro

dapro Member

Ah ok. Thanks anyway

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@dapro
    Make backup of HT 4 (4.0.50) library from your box, then can give a try of zidoo_poster_v4.0.63 from here is resign for get install/testing on Zidoo RTD129x.
    If update as user apps will not work for you then will need push/copy on /system/app/zidoo_poster/zidoo_poster.apk and reboot box.

LE: update to version 4.0.69 for download press blue word.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Markswift2003 and dapro like this.
  6. Markswift2003

No - definitely YouTube - the URLs no longer work.

Local trailers work fine here - whether labelled or not, whether "local trailer only" is on or off.

What language are you using? mine just says "next" and "previous".

Screenshot_20210602-133701.png

Screenshot_20210602-133818.png

7. Markswift2003

Yes, that's right, that's how it's supposed to work.

The exception to that rule is if you have different versions of a movie - for example:

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(0#Main).mkv
    &
    Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.(1#4K77).mkv

The trailer would be:

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.trailer.mkv

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  8. Markswift2003

Yes, the filenames have to be the same - the labels refer to the movie in the library not the trailer file,

"Battleships (2021).truehdatmos.mkv"
    "Battleships (2021).truehdatmos-trailer.mkv"

9. Markswift2003

The labels only relate to what's shown on badges for the actual movies in HT4, not the trailer, so labeling a trailer with "dolby.2.0" serves no purpose whatsoever.

However, since the trailer relates to the actual movie, it makes sense to have the filename of the trailer the same as the movie with the addition of a "trailer" extension.

10. Markswift2003

"Battleships (2021).truehdatmos-trailer.mkv" tells you it's the trailer for the file "Battleships (2021).truehdatmos.mkv"

Makes sense to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Netmask likes this.
  11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Most media players require all files within a folder like Battleship have the same prefix name with only the suffix different, this is a long standing convention.

I the case of the Zidoo which doesn't get information of sound type or video format etc from a Mediainfo source it requires all the files to have the same prefix title - hence the apparent contradiction. So in your example even an external subtitle track which is a text file should also be named "Battleships (2021).truehdatmos.srt" A logical and incongruous requirement. Further more: and I think this is a doozie

When you are playing a file and press OK up comes a box with all those technical details - so the Zidoo already has near instantaneous access to this information, so why can't this be used to insert half a dozen small icons on the HT4 page for the individual titles like 4K - truehd -atmos - Dolby vision etc Instead we have a logical hiccup that requires renaming from the established convention!!!!

Юрий Гандев and Mabon like this.
  12. dapro

dapro Member

I think it's a shame that you always have to change something. I don't have a 1619 chip. So cannot activate "only local Traler". This is not the case with the UHD2000. What is the problem of having the trailers automatically played back from the Internet as soon as you click on a film? I do not understand that. It's really annoying. It is also annoying that Zidoo does not give an opinion on it. Why is there no date, there is an update, or a temporary solution.

Mabon likes this.
  13. dapro

dapro Member

I cannot select local trailers with the uhd2000. it has a 1296 chip.
    do not know where I could set that

14. dapro

dapro Member

Zidoo don't communicate very well. I would have expected Zidoo to take care of the problem, you surely know. Then you should tell the users that you are trying to find a solution. but I think that is pure wish thinking

Mabon likes this.
  15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

HT v4.0.69 with fix YouTube trailer.
    Download link
    RTD1619DR official from here
    RTD129x resign version for testing propose here.
    Enjoy Zidoo players.

LE: Are still many titles fails, but someone else need check if they know is was good before stopped to work.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Where did you get this?

17. Netmask

It's also on McBluna site - I've downloaded it for my UHD3000 but as I'm fairly new to Android, just want to clarify how to install it.
    My questions
    1. Is this an 'update' meaning it will take care of any older versions OR do I have to uninstall the existing HomeTheatre 4.0 first and then install this version v4.069 ?
    2. On inspection of the Apps grouping on the Zidoo there is an 'apk' called APK Installer, I'm assuming I do it via this app and select by USB?

18. Nicholas Hewitt

You can install it Via the file manager app. Just select the file and it will ask you if you want to install it. It gets installed over top of what you already have.

19. Netmask

Is the 'file manager app' the same as APK installer? I don't seem to have an app called file manager or am I looking in the wrong place. I've only had this machine a little over 6 weeks and the lack of a detailed manual is really frustrating.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

There is a picture of a folder on the app