Some new developments

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 26, 2021.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,
    Just to let you know that we didn't stop moving forward.
    We are making some meaningful improvements.
    Such as
    A new control app on IPAD. I've tried it out and it's amazing.
    DV for m2ts and DV BD MENU support.
    Optimization metadata on MP6.0.
    Changes poster and background img from more sources and labeling it on HT4.0.
    Better support for NFO generated by TMM.
    and more......

Sampinto89, Enet, tugar and 14 others like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Great to here keep up the good work :)

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mirror,

Great, we can check all this and give an opinion on your progress…

4. rola

rola Member

How about the black level issues, are you working on those?

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Lets see..... :):rolleyes:

"How about the black level issues, are you working on those?"
    I am intresting about too :confused:

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Mirror says it's making steady progress so I guess you'll have good news with the next FW

7. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

You guys also noticed little raised black in hdr? I compared to internal lg player in „Palmer” ending scene and its clearly visible.
    I have Z10pro and Lg C9.

8. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

"DV for m2ts and DV BD MENU support."
    I'll finally see it :)

"A new control app on IPAD. I've tried it out and it's amazing."

I am allergic to the word "amazing" in the context of apple :p

Mabon likes this.
  9. vddan

vddan Active Member

Great ...... and it's for this week?

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The obvious question is why not "A new control app on IPAD"? I'm allergic to Apples

Mabon likes this.
  11. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

I would like to see improvements to the web interface. It would be great to be able to remote into the Zidoo box to make changes instead of using the remote or plugging in a keyboard and mouse into my Z9X. Some things are easy to change with the remote but not everything is readily accessible with the remote. The Android keyboard is terrible in my experience. HT is a perfect example for using the web interface for remote movie collection maintenance from your desktop/laptop pc. Wether adding or deleting movies, movie/tv show collections maintenance, local trailers, etc. You could use your favorite scraper such as TMM to gather artwork, and metadata. Then have HT import the NFO’s to update its database. Of course, better support of NFO’s is needed for this. As Mirror stated, they are working to improve it. This would go a long way to making it easier to work on the player when needed especially for collection management. Not just movies and tv shows but for music too. :)

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I am trying out Teamviewer for Android - trying to control my Zidoo with my Tablet. I'm making good but slow progress. I am at the stage where I can do almost everything on my tablet including opening apps and controlling them. Later today, I'm hoping to complete my project by getting teamviewer to open on startup then controlling UAPP through my external USB DAC. Assuming I'm successful I will then update my thread about my practical experiences with the Z1000 Pro. It's all been a long journey.

But my experiences with the Zidoo Control App have been useless to be honest, I really think Teamviewer is the way to go

Teddyboy likes this.
  13. Kalamoony

Kalamoony Member

Really great News, keep going .. that is why we trust in Zidoo (the best service after sales)

Thanks all of you Zidoo´s staff for effort

14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Excellent idea! I have a local Australian (made in South Korea) PVR, a Beyonwiz V2. It's based on the European Enigma 2 design and via WebIF https://wiki.openpli.org/Webif you can control all functions on the PVR, from setups, setting recording timers, deleting no longer required recordings and playback locally on your PC. Surely a sophisticated product like the Zidoo could do so much better?

15. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

Right now it’s primitive, but the underpinnings are already there for a fully realized web interface for remote maintenance of the player. Let’s hope that as the firmware becomes more stable and robust that things like the web interface will become a reality.

16. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

I would like an external movie/TV database system along the lines of YAMJ or yaDIS. This resolves may Android memory issues for large databases and allows easy updating of data via a PC/Mac or Android emulator if HT4 could be compatible as a standalone app rather than tied into the "root" box OS

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

tinyMediaManager is like a big brother to the standalone PC media manger used for the Cloud Media Popcorn series called NMJToolbox2. However the data base created lives on either an internal hdd or memory card

[​IMG]

Mabon likes this.
  18. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

Yes I know I use tmm and McBlunas db tool. The issue is that the database is loaded into android memory. Therefore as the ZX9 Android system memory is used up from Apps and a "large" HT4 database the box slows down and eventually crashes. I would like the capability for the HT4 database to be stored externally on an sd card or NAS and referred to that way freeing system memory, that is why I refer to yaDIS and the defunct Popcorn system YAMJ. The same issue of database storage exists with Dune and their movie wall system My Collection, which is stored in system memory, however for Dune are some commercial packages that create an external database/Movie wall and at present yaDIS is an option but not subject to updating especially the api interface.

If you use Kodi or XMBC on the ZX9/Z1000 etc the database can be held externally using a kodi server and multiple Zidoo boxes can refer to one sql database over the local network. However with kodi/XMBC you lose the capability for BD/UHD Full menu as in HT4 and other limitations.

At present I use xmbc for TV series due to the potentially large TV database and HT4 exclusively for movies

19. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I wonder when the firmware with these changes will appear ???

20. toshu

toshu Member

I recently got my Z9X and am interested in loading UAPP on it. I dont have the G version FW with Google Play store due to FW timing. I use UAPP on a number of other devices, and have love it.
    I am curious if there is a way to load/install a copy that works(not the Trial version ) of UAPP on the Z9X ??