EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark, wonderful. Cheers.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Let us know what you think!

3. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Hi Markswift2003,

Can 600MHz BT2020 HDR be used with Sony LLDV 1,000 nits ? I want HDR10 Edid for my Sony LLDV, x9000F , too.
    by the way, i sent you my tv's Edid.

Attached Files:

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Just tried it, all my Dolby Vision titles now plays in HDR10! I've not compared them though. Cheers,

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

thaworn R likes this.
  6. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

7. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

It works fine, thanks Mark.

8. tugar

tugar New Member

A bit of a side question.
    So i see this EDID mod is for dealing with HDR Dolby Vision and the ability for it to be played back via HDR10 capable display devices.

Can this mod also help with spoofing a streaming (netflix/amazon prime) with allowing a 4K stream to be sent to an older 1080p projector? The HDfury linker/vertex 2 supposedly allows this and I was wondering if it was possible to have this functionality with Zidoo?

thanks.

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You must choose the correct output for your display, otherwise Zidoo will try to send same definition it receives and project won't work. You can create an specific EDID for this setting.

10. tugar

tugar New Member

I had planned to use a scaler to down convert the 4k signal to 1080p so that the projector could accept the signal. My projector can natively output DCI p3/bt2020 color so this seems like a workable solution!

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, and you can use your Vertex2 which will manage such setting flawlessly.

12. Markswift2003

No, it spoofs the EDID internally - you can't use it like a Vertex etc to spoof EDIDs to external devices.

Unfortunately, although it's a clever idea to use a scaler to convert 4K to 2K and pass DV in 2K, although your projector will process BT.2020, I doubt it can process HDR, so although the colours will be correct the gamma will not.

13. tugar

tugar New Member

thanks for confirming about the EDID. I will need to get a linker or vertex.

As for processing HDR. It is my intention to calibrate my display using a 3Dlut for bt2020 colours and have either madvr or lumagen tone map in a SDR container and pass it to the display.

HDR in all displays, tv or projectors are significantly inferior to either madvr or lumagen tone mapping.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Markswift2003

A question how smart would it be to use EDID Spoofing with the standard EDID provided by the TV?
    So: Get the EDID captured and next use it as an custom EDID without any modification.
    I understand connecting to another TV this must be undone first,

The why of this:
    - Avoiding interruptions and flickering due to EDID handshakes which Zidoo seems to be doing a lot. In effect they could use a cache instead as long as HDMI is not interrupted?
    - I have a Philips TV with the bad habit of doing several HDMI handshakes when in standby. This each time interrupts my music playback with the TV kept in standby. When unplugging the power of the TV these never happen. OLED TV's don't really go into standby it seems.

Would it be worth a try?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Furthermore, check the length and quality of HDMI cable as I've got handshake/flickering issues and resolved by changing the cable and bypassing the amp (old model HDM1.4) to a Vertex2. This scenario will happen if you wish to project 4K movies.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  16. Markswift2003

It's absolutely worth a try - you won't eliminate resyncs due to HDMI mode changes, but it will certainly stop any other EDID shenanigans.

Just be careful to capture the combined EDID of the TV and amp if you have that in the HDMI chain since the amp adds in its audio modes which the TV may not necessarily support.

Could be another really useful application of this feature.

17. Letmein

Letmein New Member

Do you have a EDID file for JVC 7500\RS520 (No vertex2) that works best?

18. Markswift2003

Presumably you have that projector so you can just capture the EDID with the Zidoo.

What do you mean "works best"?

19. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

I need this variant with 400 Nits:

BT.2020 1,000nit LLDV (10-bit 444/RGB, 12-bit 444/RGB, 12-bit 422) and HDR10+

Btw: I really appreciate the great work in this forum.

20. Letmein

Letmein New Member

Works best as in giving me the best image i can get from the Z9X.
    Right now im using the 1000 nit one that comes built in with from a firmware update but after a movie when i go back to ht4\menu the jvc sometimes go wonky and show strange colors or blank screen. Then i press the resolution button on remote until it sync back again.
    Chain Z9X - Denon 6700 - Jvc All cables hdmi 2.1.
    (Also it is locked to 23.97 in the setup)

Edit: Before the EDID\DV trick there was no sync issue.
    I will try and capture the JVC edit and see how it goes.

Edit 2: Captured and tested with BD 3D uhd hdr and DV. So far it solved it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021