Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Remember always reboot box at least twice and pull from the mains after firmware update etc .

2. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

does the zidoo z9x iso full dolby vision support?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not yet, but it will...

There was an internal beta a while ago with DV support in ISO and BDMV but it made menus unstable so it was decided to release without ISO and BDMV DV support for the time being while the devs sort it out.

4. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

great, thank you very much

5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Restarted my zidoo and straight into HDR what is wrong getting frustrated now

Ok update if i switched to sdr in settings then back to auto seems to be working now.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  6. Markswift2003

Not a clue why it would do that - never seen that behaviour before.

7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

anything work on this unit bloody hell,
    yea strange just watched my first movie mkv with dolby vision and was great except one little problem, at the start the dialogue was slightly out of sync, i paused then restarted and was ok to the very end.

Also if you set the playback timer display to time left on movie, the seconds jump quickly.

8. Markswift2003

Again, never seen that behaviour with an MKV DV file.

9. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

This version reintroduced issues with HDMI CEC on my LG C6. The Zidoo wants to turn itself on whenever I try to access another device connected to my Marantz reciever. It was fun while it lasted.

10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I too have an LG set and D&M receiver, although I have a Lindy cec less adaptor in the Zidoo it still messes with my TV receiver combination.
    I have had no option to connect the Zidoo to a smart plug, after powering down the Zidoo I say ‘Alexa, Zidoo off’ and all my problems go away, it is a sh*t state of affairs though, I have never known a box like it - I do think it is a Network problem.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive only noticed hdmi timing issues on mine since i upgraded my sony DN1080 to a denon 3700 reciever
    before that i had no issues with the timing and Echo turn on TV would turn on the Pana Z1000 , the Sony DN1080 and the Z9X fine everytime (tv is master on a power box with slaves for the other devices

Now i have to turn on the zidoo manually to get tv and denon to fire up ,thou i still have to hdmi swap on denon to get back to the zidoo (weird since im sure a major seling point on the new deonons was their fast HDMI swapping to cause no issues swapping bewteen devices

12. Szw

Szw Member

I am having trouble playing some UHD mkvs. After a few seconds of playback, the image is completely blue or green or red. There are also cases where the image is transparent. I mean the movie can be recognized but it is in such a colorful afterglow.

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you just updated the firmware ?
    if so have you tried a full power off at back of the Zidoo wait 20 secs then power back on

starting maybe 4-6 months back the firmware updates seemed to require a full power restart seperate to the f/w reset , or issues like laggy stuttery playback on even 720p 1080p tv could occur

your glitches may be from this

If not ,is it nay particular uhd rip types ?

14. Szw

Szw Member

I have the latest updates. I will try as you advise me to switch off the mains.

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

How do you turn subtitles OFF?

every movie i start subtitles appear yes i have turned off in settings and when movie is playing switched off from menu settings.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I had that problem and there are 3 subtitle settings you need to turn off. just look through the settings, and you'll find them. Online Subtitles need to be off, and I think in subtitle language instead of your language choose off I think.

17. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

yes i found an hidden one works now. no subtitles :)

18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror

I have noticed something, I mean when I play for the first time for example Dirty Dancing, The Lord of the Rings (every part) which all movies are .mkv with Native 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos with bitrate >80 Mbps, the playback is choppy, stutter. I need to watch such way few minutes and then everything is fine. It looks like, movie need to buffered or something. It's happend few times with "big movies". Now when I play those movies again everything is OK from first second of the movie to the last one.

I have connected movies to Z9X directly via USB 3.0 Seagate One Touch 5TB, so there is no Ethernet problem at all.

Sincerely

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I don't know whether this is related to latest FW...

In the MyHarmony software, you can "Scan for devices on WiFi". I think my Z9X shows up as Apple TV. WiFi is disabled and it's connected to LAN by wire.
    Is this supposed to be, what to think of this?

Attached Files:

20. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

I managed to turn them off, but now I don’t recall where the settings are located. Do you happen to know those locations so I can reference that in the future? Thank you.