EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Let me know how you get on if you get a Zidoo - I use one in the cinema using full time LLDV - so HDR10 and SDR are converted to LLDV by VS10 and it looks great - but I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to an N7 (UK model of NX7/RS2000) for ages - trouble is it would mean a bit of a remodel because my pj fires through a glass projector port from another room and the height of the new models means it wouldn't fit without the assistance of a sledge hammer...

2. picman

picman New Member

I will, I hear ya on the NX7. I went from a ceiling mounted Epson 6040UB (which is for sale) to a shelf mounted JVC. Again after the summer I will be adding 6 Atmos speakers to the theater.

I really like DV and so far Zidoo looks like the only player that can play it through a projector right now. I know upgrades and new players will be out this summer so we shall see what happens.

Thanks again for the great info on the Zidoo.

3. Markswift2003

Get yourself an HDFury Vertex 2 and you can play LLDV from any LLDV source with loads more flexibility ;)

picman likes this.
  4. picman

picman New Member

Sent you a PM

5. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

how do we know that dv custom Edid work on non dv display, info show DV or DV logo show ?

6. Markswift2003

Yes.

If you choose LLDV in HDR settings the box will always output LLDV and the logo will be Dolby Vision VS10 for non Dolby Vision files and just Dolby Vision with the Dolby symbol for true Dolby Vision files.

If HDR is Auto then you'll only see the Dolby Vision logo with Dolby Vision files.

This means SDR or HDR files being converted and output as Dolby Vision:

Screenshot_20210514-100015.png

This means a Dolby Vision file being output as Dolby Vision:

Screenshot_20210514-100031.png

Robzx1000 and thaworn R like this.
  7. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Thank you for clarifying

8. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Hi Markswift2003,

one more question, How can i reset to use the original EDID ? or just upload the backup one.

9. Markswift2003

Just switch Custom EDID off and then it used the display EDID.

thaworn R likes this.
  10. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

ok, got it.
    thank you so much, Marks.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm really interested to know how this device works (split/scale) to use it instead of a simple video splitter. The high price is the real consideration since you handle a powerful amp (X6200).

12. Markswift2003

I would recommend anyone who views this as a hobby and particularly has a projector to get a Vertex 2 - it's absolutely invaluable for diagnosing and fixing HDMI problems and allows an endless amount of tinkering.

You can split and scale:

upload_2021-5-21_9-6-32.png

Have different EDIDs on different inputs:

upload_2021-5-21_9-6-6.png

Control HDR parameters:

upload_2021-5-21_9-10-38.png

Use the DV exploit to its fullest and a lot more:

upload_2021-5-21_9-13-30.png

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have a HDfury Vertex2 and whilst expensive, I have to say over the 6 months I've had it, I have had to make limited changes in the settings of it or the Zidoo. Relatively it seems chaos abounds with all the firmware changes and people trying out HDR for the first time. Most of all this HDR / Dolby Vision ? LLDV stuff is way beyond me but @Markswift2003 is the master and we should be proud to have him on these forums - his knowledge really surpasses anything I've seen. I bought the Vertex2 to take a look at LLDV - my Samsung TV doesn't of course natively display DV or LLDV but was intrigued as to what LLDV looked like - superb I'd say - compared with HDR10+ ? I won't be drawn but they are both quite excellent.

So if you are pondering on getting one of these, you definately will not be disappointed if you take the plunge.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, it seems fine and valuable for my needs. The actual doubt is Vertex2 or Diva.... in comparison table Diva may be the choice.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure @Markswift2003 will add his tuppence worth :)

16. Markswift2003

I think the only difference is that the Diva has an ambilight output and will convert HDR to SDR - but only at 1080p. Neither of those are useful for a 4K projector.

17. Markswift2003

Always ;)

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, I've seen the info in HDFury website. Then I'll keep on Vertex2.
    Thanks!!

19. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Hi @Markswift2003 ,

I'm using LG C9, but I'm curious to see how my DV files look in it's native HDR10 base layer, just for comparison.

Is there an EDID I can use to do that? I don't want a DV pretending to be HDR10, but instead just the native base layer.

I just wish Zidoo will have an option to simply turn off DV without messing with EDID.

Cheers.

20. Markswift2003

The HDR10+ EDID will do that just fine but I've also posted an HDR10 only EDID too.

So everything else stays exactly the same, this one is the LG C9 with the Dolby Block removed:

https://mega.nz/file/ZewyQThZ#VdLMRiGief0hRUDLgSpUrc40fddDn5ERRcIUclQCW_o

If you load this EDID then the Custom EDID button effectively allows you to turn off DV.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.