Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not blank, the video pauses, and that makes perfect sense to me - the one thing you don't want when watching a movie in a dedicated cinema is a load of crap on the screen when you pause to go for a wee ;)

Come to think of it, a great feature would be a "Cinema Mode" or "Theatre Mode" where once you've started feature you don't get anything on screen other than the movie - with the exclusion perhaps of a progress bar if you skip forward.

Mabon likes this.
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Am I the only one getting a green line through the screen during playback every once and a while, and when quitting an app sometimes? I think it might be linked to the green screen during rewind.

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

watched full epi of Hobbit Unexpected Journy last night and zero green lines
    occassionally i see a flicker of green BUT only at the startup ,before the main home screen has landed

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Further testing just emphasises that current firmware has problems with UHD when played from menu

Gattaca - plays at GUI refresh rate (60Hz) but correct resolution
    Hereditary - plays correctly
    Moon - same as Gattaca
    Star Wars Ep 4 - plays correctly

So seems very hit and miss if you get correct refresh rate or even correct resolution plaing from UHD BD menu. Hope Zidoo can fix this for next release.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I see green flickers as well but during playback. 2 or 3 times per movie.

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It's not an argument, but it shows that in a different environment it works without any problems. If NFS works for you, that's the solution. It is better to look to the network than SMB problem.

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi Mark, when in a Cinema have you been able to ‘skip forward’ ? :)

8. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I agree, SMB works fine in my setup with Zidoo, NFS starts to stutter and choke.
    I’m running unraid server on same gigabit switch as Zidoo so NFS should be fine, but SMB is better?
    Go figure.

9. Markswift2003

Lol - can't remember the last time I went! In fact, yes I do and I was absolutely gobsmacked they weren't even arsed to mask a 2.40 presentation on a 16:9 screen!!! Haven't been since.

To be fair, I rarely, if ever, skip forward or backward - just occasionally pause for the loo - something else you don't get at the cinema!

10. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Same here no problems at all, copying data from pc via cable to Z1000pro and 90/100 MB/s.

11. sandyj

sandyj Member

No problem pleased it worked for you as it is a really good player and everything I use works pretty flawlessly now including TV and movies match 100% for me. This SMB issue with Linux based systems is not that usual there is many variables going on here I am just pleased that the Zidoo team appear to care about the product and do the best they can it is a difficult thing to achieve perfection.

12. Gábor Tehenes

Gábor Tehenes New Member

The problem with MP6 is that the disc icon flashes and the lines highlighted in blue bounce ... this has only been since the last update ... and usually for Sacd iso files, discs with many tracks do not play the last few tracks from the line, but repeats the previous one ... Have you experienced anything else similar?

13. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thanks Nice Monkey ..... now everything ok!
    I had to empty the folder and copy the contents to another one.
    Now it works fine.
    Joe

14. Markswift2003

Blimey! That's some going!

Mabon likes this.
  15. wally

wally New Member

Hi, I've got data transfert issues with ZD-Samba since this Firm. about 11Mo/s vs 80/90 before.
    Anyone having this like me?
    Cheers

16. Sisko

Sisko New Member

Hi, is there a link to download this this new Beta FW?
    My online update option (Z9X) just tells me that my firmware is up to date. I have no options for beta FW downloads and my internet connectivity is working fine... Thanks in advance.

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Need to tick the beta box on download section .

18. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

How to play DV content to HDR10 mode on LLDV TV ?
    (Someone prefer HDR10)

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Custom EDID.

20. vddan

vddan Active Member