Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

By design

Pause Button - Pause
    Ok Button - Pause with player info
    Info Button - HT4 info with Mediainfo button. Player state remains the same whether paused or not

Info button outside HT4 - player info with Mediainfo button

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

With tv boxes they always have to compete / upgrade from the last generation
    So id imagine the next version of Zidoo it come with more RAM , Bluetooth 5.1 new Wi Fi 6 or
    So then your Dune will be behind …..
    Its never ending .

Thanos likes this.
  3. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hi guys.
    I have this problem. When I want to edit a movie by going to the folder, in the 16TB hard disk I can edit, cut, rename the file without problems.
    When I go to the 12TB hard drive I find everything turned off and I can't edit.
    Can you tell me if this is normal?
    What should I do to be able to edit the 12TB hard disk from the uhd3000?
    Thanks so much
    Joe

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDD's formatted the same? File attributes the same?

The impact/advantage of 4 GByte RAM is not clear to me: I have an Z9X with 2Gbyte and a UHD3000 with 4GByte. :rolleyes:
    Mainboards are virtually identical using the same SOC only the additional external wireless module is different.

The Dune private OS looks like an advantage to me now indeed. This was reached after a very long and painstaking migration (it actually took them several years). Looks to have less overhead and being more stable as the final result though. Though job well done. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello Nice Monkey.
    Yes, the file system is the same for all hard disks: NTFS
    Explain to me what "the file has the same attribute" means?
    Sorry but I'm not very experienced in these things.
    With the toshiba 16TB I can edit the files from the player, instead I cannot edit from the Hgst 12TB hard disk.
    Do you have any suggestions for me?
    Thank you.;)
    joe
    p.s. i did a scan from pc to see if there are file system errors but everything is ok.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

There is something odd with my DV rips (both ISO and BDMV). See tests below. Not checked HDR10 full rips

Battle Royale (ISO) - HD from Menu (HDR10) / UHD from direct play (DV)
    Cinema Paradiso (BDMV) - HD from Menu (HDR10) / UHD from direct play (DV)
    The Matrix Reloaded (ISO) UHD from Menu (HDR10)/UHD from direct play (DV)
    Jaws (BDMV) - UHD from menu but stays as GUI framerate of 60 (HDR10) / UHD from direct plays with correct framerate (DV)
    Shutter Island (BDMV) - UHD from menu but stays as GUI framerate of 60 (HDR10) / UHD from direct plays with correct framerate (DV)

7. vibs

vibs New Member

Hi, I'm new to Zidoo world.
    I'm using Z9x and I'm using Samsung Q95T QLED TV.

I recently updated to v6.3.2. It looks the HDR10+ is broken when the 'Frame-Rate Switch' is enabled to 'Only Frame-Rate' or 'Frame-Rate and Resolution'. HDR10+ works only when it is set to 'off'. I prefer 'Only Frame-Rate' to match native video's frame rate. The previous version v6. 3.0 worked pretty well.

Other Setting:
    Priority LLDV ✅
    Maxcll and MaxFALL ✅

Please suggest what should I do to rectify this issue.

8. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I don't understand, why you collect BDMV or ISO instead of .mkv? If you need to have Menu, Extra content, just play it via physical disc.

Hmm, .mkv files with 2 untouched tracks of video and audio is enough. Seperate subtitle file .srt instead of PGS, to be able to custom adjustement like color, size, position.

I haven't found single problem with playing such files. Only Green Flash Screen when changing chapters.

Sincerely

Netmask likes this.
  9. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

Bella scimmia si na lutamm

10. Pateco

Pateco New Member

Hi All
    I have a Zidoo Z9X and zero complaint, it does everything i paid for, DV, HDR10+ and HDR works perfect in MKV files.

11. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

It works, and when the subtitle is inserted into the file itself with the mkvtoolnix software, everything can be set up normally, you have one file, and there is no problem

12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

After aaaaaaaall this time, Blu-ray 3D ISOs still do not work when played in menu mode.

Tested with The Secret Life of Pets, The Secret Life of Pets 2 and Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.

All crash back to the user interface as soon as you start the movie, with the music still playing in the background. :-(

13. Nice Monkey

File Attributes ( Archive, Read-Only, System, Hidden).
    Archive may be set the others not.

14. Flasher

Flasher New Member

I shared resources for Zidoo over NFS and it actually seems that the link is more stable.
    I tried to connect to wi-fi early and it was also better than the LAN cable.

The conclusion is that zidoo has an underdeveloped SMB transport protocol.

Thank you very much for your help because I was already choosing a different player that would satisfy me :)

I also miss the UPNP protocol in the sources but it is not so bothersome.

15. Nice Monkey

The latest generation has a simple SMB server/client. Older generations had a very advanced server implementation.

16. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I am using SMB and have no problems, copying speed from PC to Zidoo is good

upload_2021-5-9_20-6-31.png

Mabon and darkeyes909 like this.
  17. Flasher

Flasher New Member

It's not about the speed of copying, the problem is with continuous SMB playback from the network, I have all SMB on the server from v1 to v3
    So the newest is also on.

18. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

SMB V1 is switched off, no problems when playing GemMan 4K @ 60Hz

upload_2021-5-9_20-45-2.png

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Then it's misinforming people cause the setting is called "Show media info when pausing video" It makes no sense to show a blank screen when pausing a video.

20. Flasher

Flasher New Member

This is no argument, as I wrote, it does not matter what transfer is needed, it also breaks the films that fly with a transfer of 1.5M / s NFS is fine for now