Beta version v6.3.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not that I can see, but it's obviously not the MP4 container that's the issue.

2. JohnG

JohnG Member

It was a surprise to see the update to FW 6.30 to be available on-line, rather than download to USB. The update installed easily and did not appear to overwrite previous settings. Exactly what this update accomplishes is unknown to me at this time.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Read change logs its all listed there .

4. Nice job, thanks boys.
    Scan series is very better..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  5. Gábor Tehenes

Gábor Tehenes New Member

... Sorry, I may be inattentive, but I can't find the link for the new update ... Where is it?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's OTA so go to About/Update on the home screen

7. Hi
    Check update directly from Zidoo.

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Download links for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 firmware with and without Google Services are available on my site.

9. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

After update 6.3 HT stopped working .... very nice !!

10. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

My The Mandalorian MP4's are no longer working with this update...... They were working fine before the update. Now I get a black screen No DV Symble no nothing, but sound with a black screen. I believe they are P5

Edit: NVM! I forgot to do a power cycle after the update. All is working! Thanks guys

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What do you mean by Dual Track?

12. Kung Yi

Kung Yi New Member

Hi all…After updated to 6.3. IPTV not working. All channel black screen. Any setting need to modified? On 6.1.05 all working.

13. Daniel Barbara

Daniel Barbara New Member

Update 1: Hi guys, so I tested more of my own UHD Blu-ray MKV movie rips and also experienced the annoying green flashes with v6.3.0 beta firmware when I watched 'Sonic The Hedgehog 2020' on my Hisense 65R8 4K TV. Any time I press 'rewind' on the remote the green flashes occur. I changed several settings on my Zidoo Z10 Pro including disabling HDCP, switching the HDMI signal format from 'Enhanced' to 'Standard' and choosing different HDR display options but nothing made a difference.

I then decided to try another 4K TV. The Hisense 4K TV I used for testing is Dolby Vision enabled whereas my Samsung TU8000 4K TV model is not. When I played 'Sonic The Hedgehog 2020' on my Samsung there were no green flashes at all but the picture quality does suffer a bit.

Update 2: @Eleonor @UTAVATU Ok guys, so this temporary fix may work for you. On the Zidoo navigate to 'Quick Settings' and under 'Display' tab scroll down to 'Custom EDID'. If you turn 'Custom EDID' on and select the option 'Samsung-QA55Q60RAJXXZ (HDR10+)', it might stop the green flashes on your tv. I just tried it now and it worked on my Hisense. However, it appears that native Dolby Vision is disabled and only the Dolby Vision VS10 Engine and HDR10+ are supported. Therefore, you may notice slightly reduced picture quality.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I was worried at first as I’ve had bad experience updating my phone online many years ago had it bricked. I tried anyway with my Z9X this morning, to my surprise the download maxed my internet speed, so fast! And the installation went smoothly.

I don’t know if there’s anything else that is relevant to me, but the pre-playback movie title logo is a very, very nice touch. The logos are of high quality too. Understandably the logo library isn’t complete, some of the more obsure titles aren’t available (yet?). If the logos are from Zidoo’s own library then that’s a lot of work to do. Very much appreciated @mirror & team, excellent work!

upload_2021-5-1_11-0-37.jpeg

PS: Now I can turn off the title text display, it’s redundant with the logo and makes it cleaner.
    That’s interesting. I thought the chipset has no capability to play dual track? Does it mean dual track with MKV might be possible in the near future?

But I’m sure I’m misunderstanding something again. :D

15. Danielc

Danielc New Member

My Z9X is now with v6.2.5_G. However, when I clicked online update, it said “Your software is up to date”. Did I miss anything?

16. ammar11

Internet might be dropping out. I would check the internet and try again.

17. Danielc

Danielc New Member

Inernet is running at 500Mbps and Google Play is functioning normally too. The box was rebooted but still no new firmware is available.

18. ammar11

Checking update would work with dial-up modem, it doesn’t need to be fast. My suggestion was about stability, not speed. Only when downloading it matters.

If the internet is okay, then no idea. Perhaps other members might be able to help.

@mirror and his team can acces your box directly using MAC address if your internet is fine, but only when they’re not too busy.

19. Danielc

Danielc New Member

Thank you for your help.

It would be helpful if the new firmware can be downloaded and updated offline.

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi guys,
    We received a possible playback bug feedback, so we paused the push, we have a five-day holiday, see you in five days!

DIKKE, xskip and leonkoum like this.