Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello good, I have the zidoo z9x and I have a problem when transferring files from Windows to the external zidoo z9x hard disk, I do it by samba, in the middle I get this error 0x8007003b, can someone help me, thanks

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

That sound like a physical address error, is your drive properly formatted, have you checked it for bad blocks, is it a fake?

3. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Hello,
    I’ve switched to this newest beta, in 2160p 59.94 mp4 files I have a slow performance. Video is playing like in a slow motion. Audio comes after the video. When I pause and resume , it seems to play fine for a sec momentarily but plays slow after on. Also in some files in HT4, when I try to fast forward or rewind, I get “ this video could not support this operation “ warning ?
    Prior to this beta I’ve never seen such thing before. When I play the same video in media center , I can fast forward or rewind!

4. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

You should of stuck with the Nvidia Shield. This will be my last Zidoo which has come with so many issues that are still not ironed out, more importantly the lack of ram needs addressing in future models also.

5. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

And my Zidoo Z10 pro plays everything. All sorts of Video files from HDR and DV. Dolby Atmos and DTS-X sound.
    Of course, not everything is perfect, but the pros far outweigh the minuses.
    Good cooperation with TV and receiver. It is also OK.

6. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

I'm happy with the zidoo z9x, it reads me all kinds of files, samba works perfect, my tv only supports hdr 10 and 10+ and perfect, with the dolby Vision theme I don't know why I can't test, but otherwise perfect

7. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mijacmad

I have already bought Z9X and I have played two movies now - .mkv DV Gemini Man and HDR10 Everest via USB 3.0 and everything was fine with video and audio. So far I am happy.

Sincerely

Mariusz likes this.
  8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I still hope Zidoo can fix the problem with the display of pics in .sub .(idx) files.......I cannot download .srt files for each and every movie I own.....

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Im agreeing with a few others re Gemini man 60 hz mkv being very stuttery laggy now , plus after only a few mins it actually crashed totally back to main hdd screen
    And this was a file id previously tested BEFORE the .20 and .25 f/w releases , and was lag /stutter free back then

Flash Gordons another movie that played flawlessly and is gorgeous with all the colors presented from scarlet lycra to shimmering black wedding gown on Dale
    Definitly a movie that could do with a remake with todays tech and mabye the more serious take on it , rather than the almost slapstick the 80s pne had

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  10. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

Hello everyone, sorry for my English. I have a question with the subtitles on the zidoo z9x.

I would like to know if in the latest firmware you can change the brightness or opacity in HDR and DV subtitles, in iso or folders with menus or without menus.

I have an OLED tv and the subtitles are too bright in hdr and DV and it is annoying for me.

I hope someone confirms that it can be done because for me it is very important to know this and decide to buy it.

Thanks

11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I have noticed, when launching movie there is a possibility to show: "Loading movie..." or movie title/filename, but please change a limit of chars, because long movie title like for example: STAR WARS - EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES aren't showing in full and it's cropped with "...".

In Movie Theatre 4.0 I would like to have an option to disable Collections for example I would like to have all my Star Wars movies showed separately not under 1 poster.

Just a cosmetic, but it will look better.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I just retested Gemini Man which did seem fine in previous beta - albeit I only flayed it for a short time to check for stuttering - which there was none. I just tried the full rip again selecting to play movie direct not via menu to get DV. As I had tested it previously it started at about 9 minutes in. After about 30 seconds the film froze and crashed back to main UI - not HT4 - and left the TV 'stuck' in DV mode.

I have only watched one DV full movie recently (I've forgotten what!) and that crashed back to UI about three time during the movie but NOT at 76 minutes. I put that down to the source. Maybe there is still issue with DV on LG?

13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I'm using LG C9 and just 2 days ago watched Ready Player One in full with no lag/stutter/crashing.

I'll try Gemini Man later when I have time.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Re did Gemini man as a Full BDMV and almost to the end with zero stutter or the crash after 20 30 secs the mkv version did yesterday
    And that was an MKV version that played thru fully pre .20 .25 f/w

The only movie so far from 10-15 ive watched since .25 f/w installed

Still VERY happy with the current firmware

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can't disable collections universally but you can "disband" collections - so for example, just click "Popup Menu" on the Star Wars Collection and hit "disband"

16. BZH5war5

BZH5war5 New Member

Hello,
    I hope to be on the right discussion thread. I have a Zidoo UHD3000 (FW 6.2.5) and it is connected to HDMI (Belkin HDMI 2. 1 48Gbit:s) to my OLED Sony 65A90J for video and my sound bar for audio.
    I am experiencing problems of jerking in the TV series viewing (.MKV High@ L4.0; 1080p). I can't solve this problem. These little image shifts are constantly happening. Are there any special settings to focus on? When I view these same episodes on my PC, there is no jerk. I imagine the problem is either TV or Zidoo...
    Thank you in advance for your help.

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003
    Thank you very much. I would like to ask few questions, if you don't mind:

1. In MT4 I can set movie as watched or unchwatched, how can I do this in Media Center?
    2. Which specific options in Quick Settings are responsible for HDMI resync (black screen), when I click to launch a video file? I have got ONLY .mkv files with specification: 3840x2160@23.976 and only one @59.940 (Gemini Man), all of them are HDR and some of them DV with Dolby Atmos/DTS:X with untouched video, audio track. I own Sony KD-55XF9005 and Onkyo TX-NR686 all of them capable of 3840x2160@60 HDR/DV.
    3. When HDCP 2.2 should be enabled and Deep Colour Compatibility Mode?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

19. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The status is stored in the HT4 database and so it only works if you start the video from HT4.

20. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @McBluna

...but in Media Center there is also a tag Watched (eye icon after filename). So there is no possibility to tag it Unwatched in Media Center?

Sincerely