Dune owners want identical Zidoo Features .......

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Apr 25, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Im hearing a lot that the new Dune many are asking same features of the Zidoo
    So we must be doing something right then .

rozel likes this.
  2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Ahaa, and Zidoo owners want "identical Dune Features ......."
    Dune firmware change log
    • Blu-ray disc images:
    • BDMV (Menu mode) P7 MEL/FEL
    • BDMV (Lite mode) P7 MEL/FEL
    • BD ISO (Menu mode) P7 MEL/FEL
    • BD ISO (Lite mode) P7 MEL/FEL
    and others bugfixes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Haha! :)

I have the illusion this is far easier to comply with. ;)

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The Dune owners just want the basic functions that we have had for years i mean
    Time remaining on Display etc
    Home Theater Wall Display & all the features it brings ........

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Home Theater 4 after about 5 years are great product with still missing background process to get real media information, this information is update only when file is open on Zidoo player, other have of first firmware release on 2017 and I don't compare with Plex scanning engine. --> work around forget experience of others Wall Poster witch use just folder/poster jpg and moviesheets jpg or simple nfo with imdb id to have all need information.
    Now back to Zidoo on RTD1619DR are still annoying bug like DTS-MA passthrough problems after seek and Home Theater 4 can't be use with SAMBA and BDMV folder. --> work around avoid long seek and use NFS.
    Maybe a easy once is quick settings HDMI CEC which are not synchronize with RTD HDMI CEC that can cause strange behavior as HDMI still active event user seeing on quick settings is OFF. --> work around is to use RTD HDMI CEC settings or HDMI CEC less adapter.
    Now back to topic Dune vs Zidoo universe is depend on which player use in the past and fit user needs, same topic can be for RDT1295 Zidoo vs Zappiti.
    A good for owners is Realtek SDK have still support on RTD1619DR SoC and get relative quickly patches/version release to manufacturer.
    Between human nature is always garden of neighborhood is nicer.
    Enjoy media collection on your media player.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The perfect player does not exist and never will. Knowing what you want it to do for you is key to buying a media player.
    My combination of Zidoo with OPPO does everything I want them to do for me despite not doing it always flawless (Zidoo) or clumsy/primitive (OPPO).

pcristi likes this.