Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id say the current firmware for the Z9X will cover you very well

Check page 5 on this thread ,theres a couple posts listing DV movies tested so far with this new firmware

ive been testing mkv , iso , and BDMV files so far ,ALL with zero stutter ,or audio synch issues

Gemini Man is listed as OK played from BDMV folder format ,if that helps

Atm the F/w doesnt support DV full movies via their menu , thou thatll probably be sorted soon , The Zidoo team seem to be very proactive with their support , so far for this new model range

From the 4 or 5 different media players ive had im Extremely impressed with the Z9X performance ,especially with the latest f/w

i use it to watch tv/movies direct from smb /or usb3 Hdds ,and DONT use it for the home theatre wall of movie posters type functionality

its just clutter to me i dont need since i know what im wanting to watch usually , and am not interested in all the fluff added to the discs

UTAVATU likes this.
  2. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Nobody can guarantee you that it will be ok, but it's okay
    Remember that this is still betta firmware :)

3. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

@Eleonor @cucnz thank you for your replies.

Are there any Roadmap for Z9X, what features will be added or what need to be fixed? Any release date for new stable Firmware?

Sincerely

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Movie78 likes this.
  4. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

UTAVATU
    Dear frend, as the predecessors wrote, there are no perfect devices, but the Zidoo works well for this time. As for the software, I have been using beta versions for several years, and they appear quite often and there are no problems with that.

Mabon likes this.
  5. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Mariusz

I see, you've got Onkto TX-NR686 and also Dolby Atmos in 5.1.2 configuration. I have got the same receiver and configuration. Do you have connected directly Zidoo Z10 Pro to your Onkyo TX-NR686? Have you got any problems with such connection? Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are working without problems in RAW/Bitstream/Passthrought option?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

Mariusz likes this.
  6. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

All devices (including Ziddo) are connected to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV.
    Everything works fine, no problems.

UTAVATU likes this.
  7. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Mariusz likes this.
  8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I have tested these files many times before. I have them
    on the disc. They run smoothly. All OK.
    For this also a video file of the Sony camp. Works fine too.

UTAVATU likes this.
  9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I would like to ask about subtitles, I mean does Z9X can read .sup files (this is the format extracted directly from UHD), when it's in the same folder with the same name as the movie file?

The same question about .srt files with Polish chars ISO-8859-2, Windows-1250, UTF-8?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

10. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Czyta polskie znaki, luzik;)
    He reads Polish characters, relaxed. The others too.

UTAVATU likes this.
  11. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

with .sub files all Zidoo Players have drawbacks.......with the native player. It will display only 60-70% of the pictures (.sub = pictures). With .srt all is fine an running. Downloaded .srt files can be adapted for instance at https://subshifter.bitsnbites.eu/

12. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

The only meaningful subtitle encoding is .srt UTF-8 with BOM
    And the editing program is Subtitle Edit - in it you can do everything - literally everything related to subtitles ...

Armin Moesslacher likes this.
  13. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Has anyone tried connecting Nvidia Shield into the HDMI in on these boxes?

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

??
    Why if so you would only get 1080p
    Might as well just connect it up normally and get all working and in 4K .

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i did try my bluray player in the hope of dv on to my bluray content without having to makmkv them to hdd first ,but wasnt allowed ,HDCP threw it out

16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Still have no idea why there’s an HDMI input, could’ve saved some cost without it or replace it with another HDMI out instead (v1.4 is adequate for lossless audio only).

17. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Only linear correction maybe not :)

18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

OK. I own Z9X from a few minutes, I will go and test it by myself, wish me good luck! :)

Sincerely

19. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@Armin Moesslacher
    I have to have perfect subtitles, I collect films, I pamper subtitles every time
    The program has powerful features, colored subtitles, italics, dim, e.g. for DV,
    It all depends if someone cares about professional inscriptions because I know a lot of people who don't care about good onesc

20. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I also think that the HDMI input in zidoo is a mistake for nothing and it would be better if there was HDMI audio output, it would give more possibilities

ammar11 likes this.