Beta version v6.2.5 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

So BD-MENU for DV content is not yet supported?
    Is it on the Roadmap?

This will help to play a problematic Dolby VISION BD ISO that I have, these discs required the BD-Menu to able play the Dolby VISION/ATMOS
    Dolby UHD Demo Disc March 2018
    SPEARS MUNSIL UHDHDR BENCHMARK

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I am having severe stuttering in the movie Cabin in The Woods

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

You are not help the community just saying.
    Give more information ...(like type of file eg)

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Simply trying to play Cabin in the woods! Not much more info I can ad except that it's DV, and unwatchable, MKV Format though I don't think it would matter what format it is. All my other DV files play fine so far Except this one, but I've only tried a few. The movie is Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, P8

5. Nicholas Hewitt

I have a TCL as well, and am having magor issues with dolby vision, VS10 Engine, Auto setting does not work. Seems they've been ignoring the issue, cause it keeps getting worse with each update. I'm getting sick of updating just to find another thing broken.

6. leonkoum

First time i hear problem with *.MKV and DV. First thought is maybe a problem with the file or HDMI cable. Try other EDID file and cable

ammar11 likes this.
  7. Nicholas Hewitt

There is def no issue with the file. It was tested by other parties. I am trying a power cycle to see if this fixes the issue. But I'm getting mad stuttering and audio loss. I'm going to try re-doing the file just to be safe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if youve just upgraded to latest firmware ,definilty do a power off wait a min power on main switch not menu

ive had stutter issues last 3 or 4 f/w til i power off /on

tbh Most things do need that these days

But otheriwse all correct format DV files seem to be working with latest firware

9. Nicholas Hewitt

K thanks! I'll try recompiling the file again.

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

do you have it in iso/BDMV format ?
    just play it direct from there , save all the time running all the conversion stuff

11. Movie78

Issue with not having BD-MENU DV support, some BD.ISO have complicated playlist and playing the main movie to activate DV content doesn't work.
    example :
    1-Power Rangers
    2-Kin

Out of 10 movies I have tested these ones doesn't play the main movie but the extras.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mostly you can still select the right track going to Menu when playing without BD Menu.

13. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

Hola buenas, es estable la beta? Tengo el zidoo z9x, hay 2 versiones, la g que significa? Es la misma versión pero con la g, gracias

14. ofir

ofir Member

Cristiango אני מתפלא שאף אחד עדיין לא העיר לך שבאתר זה כותבים רק באנגלית
    I'm surprised no one has commented to you yet that this site is written in English only
    Me sorprende que nadie le haya comentado todavía que este sitio está escrito solo en inglés.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  15. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I am installing all beta versions and it's OK.
    "G" stands for version with Google services - Google Play Store.

16. qqbbbpp

qqbbbpp New Member

I got my Z9X today to replace Z9S. I have updated to v6.2.5 firmware first before setting up. The issue I got is it cannot mount the NFS shares. It only shows "Unknown error". Z9S before it has no issue. Does anybody has a similar problem?

17. leonkoum

Please delete non english post....

18. Movie78

Please show how select play main movie and select a different playlist, I know this can be down with Kodi.

Also the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo supports DV for BD-Menu and both the Zidoo and Dune share the same HW specs.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The problem with discs like Power Rangers is an obfuscated playlist so the wrong mpls file is chosen.

I think @Nice Monkey is referring to pressing <menu> and selecting <Blu-ray menu/Title list> during playback which you can do but you don't get Dolby Vision output.

Movie78 likes this.
  20. Movie78

Power Rangers none of the playlist option activate DV.