Zidoo Neo X (closed)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 9, 2019.

1. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

In response to ThomasP, the USB 3 disconnecting problem appears solved for Z9S in 2.3.3beta so I think a fix for Z10 is coming very soon.

In general, Zidoo are pushing substantial firmware updates on a regular basis.

2. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

The issue with the usb3 ports exists since January 2019. More than 11 month later still no solution. Regular basis?

3. gymnos

gymnos Member

Very bad news, without Dolby Vision the new Zidoo X is not an option for me.

4. riddleace

riddleace Member

yes i saw it... Dolby Vison is missing on thats new Dune player too...

5. riddleace

riddleace Member

Ok, do we have some release info when they want to show us new models?

Thank

6. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I doubt this will have a dual layer DV license for playing UHD DV rips.

7. riddleace

riddleace Member

OPPO already have DV for playing UHD ISO/AVHCD from disk. I would rather expect a little improvement in PQ, when i compare my OPPO 203 to Zidoo player with RTD1296 there is always OPPO winner.

gymnos likes this.
  8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

3 years of development, we are at the beginning of spring and we have no news from Zidoo concerning its high-end multimedia box.

Let's hope we'll have some news soon...

9. mirak

mirak Member

Hello OlivierQC :)

After 3 years it should be a perfect device.

Let's wait together...

10. mirak

mirak Member

The Zidoo team just told me it's still scheduled for 2021. :)

11. OlivierQC

And the Neo was supposed to be available at the end of last year, Zidoo Asia told me about a shortage of components but well... it's a pity that he doesn't give news from time to time, it would surely interest some people.

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I prefer not to think how much it will cost when it appears :)

13. mirak

mirak Member

Double the price of the UHD3000 ? :D

14. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

So why is the info page in English? No need for that ;)

15. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Realtek RTD1619DR...the same of Zidoo z9x right? Can we deduce it will give use the same video perforamance than z9x?

16. OlivierQC

Hello Sledge,

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it was originally planned that way with the information I got last night

17. OlivierQC

@Stefano,

Surely the same performance in video, but the Neo X is originally designed as a unit for music listening, so it is more oriented for audiophiles.

Stefano C likes this.
  18. OlivierQC

@Nice Monkey,

Yes, it was expected to be around $1500 last year, so we are in the price range that was expected.

19. OlivierQC

Hello,

This device will not be available in our country but it's still interesting to discuss about it.

Some French people (forum Homecinema-fr) who were waiting impatiently for the Neo X have underlined (according to them) some points or lacks for a device of this category

- No Dual HDMI audio and video separate output

- No optical digital input (a pity for those who would have liked to connect their TV to listen to headphones for example or to use the DAC).

- No analog input to connect a CD player with a quality DAC for headphone listening.

- No XLR 4 pin balanced headphone output (obliged to use a Jack 4.4 / XLR adapter)

Of course, depending on your way of use, these points of view can be relevant or not.

See you

20. OlivierQC

Thanks for this information Nice monkey :)