New firmware v1.2.4 for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

so i am very proud to live in germany and have the german law behind me :)
    when a device is not functioning in the fact as the facturer is advertizing we can give the devices back without any problem within 2 years and will get complete money back
    i did it with an ellion, an orbsmart and the x6pro - i bought them all via amazon germany :)

the problem there is no tos-link :(

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have a Nvidia shield, and i'm sick of the bugs on that, i'm currently here looking for an alternative so as it was said, we are all searching for the next great non working box.
    TBH Nvidia could have cornered the media player market with the shield if they had had the passion to really push forward.

3. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

i would be interested in the bugs of the shield .. i do not experience any .. :)
    and @grummel2005 , i know your tos-link requirement.. i am happy not to have that one :)

.. at the end of the day .. my shield works 1mio times better than the shitty zidoo boxes

4. DaMacFunkin

Well lucky for you then, you obviously don't have any 4k 10bit 24hz files to play, or have 4k Netflix, or maybe you just don't notice the shield switches to RGB 8 bit output when you try 24hz refresh rate switching.
    Those are the main problems me and many other Home Cinema enthusiasts experience.
    The other big media bug the shield currently has is problems with 50hz interlaced playback, that does bug a lot of people.

freeroc likes this.
  5. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

thanks.. you are right .. my files are not so "critical" in this case .. but my files do suck on any zidoo box
    my main use is plex and tv-streaming (from my tvheadend backend+ dvblink server) .. and this also sucks terribly on the zidoo boxes ...
    so yeah.. lucky me for having a different usage :)

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  6. grummel2005

could you explain the bugs and the problems?
    never heard of massive bugs in it
    only problem for me is tos-link, but sound could be fixed in another way :)

actual i am waiting only for a good package-advertizing :)

7. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Look for yourself. More than 300 pages of queries and problems.
    http://bit.ly/2ebunj3

The worst of it is, you can not follow any bugs because NVidia forces you to use the Shield SW to report bugs, so no-one really knows the extent of the problems with the Shield.

Unlike this board that is open and free and friendly *if you behave yourself) and intuitively receptive to any suggestions and ideas on improvement.

Oh, and I forgot, here is my signature advertising my BLOG:

DaMacFunkin and freeroc like this.
  8. cyber7

as a ps:
    READ this and see how pissed off someone can get with depleted, crippled hardware. Shame... http://bit.ly/2eMAD27

9. Lony

Lony Active Member

Please do not buy a Himedia Q5 Pro, then Futeko gets the horror into his forum :p:p

10. grummel2005

oh my lovely boy - maybe he is better than you :)

11. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Sorry, I mean the next verion of the theater, maybe next and next version of firmware.

12. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Every box or to say every product have the defects, that's the reality of the human world.
    And those defects on IT products called bugs, because they could be fixed.
    I recommend you see the reality.
    We can't wait for a perfect product without any bugs to push to market, we'll die for it, every company will die for it.
    We develop a product deserve 80 points, and bring it to the market, and try to improve it to 100 points.
    If sheild have not bug, why they upgrade? We are the same in this way.

cyber7 likes this.
  13. Lony

Lony Active Member

Yep Girly, Futeko is better than us, so he will be happy to welcome you as a new user :oops::D

14. DaMacFunkin

Well maybe the best way to do this is to offer early adaptors a price of 80% and when they have helped you to fix bugs to 100% then you charge customers full price.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Fixing bugs and reporting them are 2 different things

16. DaMacFunkin

Whichever, 80% working should equal 80% price.
    Some Android Box developers in the past have offered money off to customers with previous failed hardware from that company, but that doesn't really spur the company to 100% fix the product, it just keeps the customer on the wheel.
    Failing this all Android box suppliers that produce a box should offer a 100 day return on product if the customer has a problem that is verified by an Android developer of Kodi or SPMC etc.

17. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

me again
    ... those 300 bugs are no bugs .. mostly stupidity of people..specially that guy in the "stuffed" article.. sorry ..
    ... 80% box would be ok.. but zidoo only delivers 20% boxes .. and were is the next firmware for the x6pro?
    ... having bugs is in general normal.. fixing them is another .. expanding functionality is even another ..

18. cyber7

all these %ages just gave a lot of users cancer...

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think you misunderstood freeroc when he told you some hard numbers. That's how things work in real world. Don't think on just zidoo android boxes. Think bigger. Triple A games that come out totaly broken. Windows 7/8/10 that where a mess at launch. asus/tp-link routers that get months of updates to fix normal functions. Exploding galaxy notes...
    Sometimes you don't see the problems, even if you do inhouse testings for months.

20. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

,,, i do understand this.. and i do know this .. i work in IT ..
    however .. the difference is: usually problems are solved.. customers are helped ..

not like here: just leaving customer down with what they bought..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.