EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. robijs2008

robijs2008 New Member

Thanks for the info, I did that too, added the same hdmi4 port, and copied the EDID from it, I have another image with Cromecast also shown on the hdmi4 attached. I don't have a Firestick or Cromecast myself, I can't personally check, the pictures are taken from other AV forums. It's clear to me now, my tv just can't do it if there is no HDR10 + block at all.

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - I assumed those pictures were from your TV - so, no, I'm afraid it looks like your TV does not do HDR10+.

3. robijs2008

robijs2008 New Member

Probably that my tv was a little different, maybe because from the first releases, later released models HDR10 + works, it's nothing that the same model, just thank you for the information, only a new tv will have to buy :)

4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

can you see EDID from my tv ?? for me it's black magic and I don't know what to look for.

Attached Files:

5. Markswift2003

Yes, yours supports HDR10+.

See Extended Data Block #6 in the report

Extended Data Block #6
    Custom Video Data Block
    EXT=1, Payload Length=1, OUI=90848B
    Data = 01

Attached Files:

6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

why if i connect zidoo directly to tv hdr10 + does not work, it turns out that hdmi 2.0 does not pass this signal, ah, the cable i connect is hdmi 2.1 8k

7. Markswift2003

The cable makes no difference - you can use HDMI cables produced 15 years ago and they would work fine as long as they are able to pass the bandwidth ok. My main cable in the cinema from receiver to projector is 15M (50ft) long and was installed in 2005 and that passes 4K60 fine and so will therefore pass all HDR formats correctly - the electronic specification has never changed (other than adding ethernet over HDMI which is irrelevant)

The issue is not that HDMI 2.0 cannot pass the HDR10+ metadata, it's just that it's a bit of a hack to get it to do so and as such there can always be issues arising between certain types of hardware.

Doesn't mean that the TV is at fault. Doesn't mean that the Zidoo is at fault. It just means there's an incompatibility there due to HDR10+ being carried out of spec.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hello Mark;
    Would it possible to share how to read those EDID blocks?
    Getting them is now very easy but the content is still Chinese for me. ;)
    Maybe interpretation can be automated too?

Saved one from my current TV so I compare when I get my new one. :D

9. Markswift2003

Of course - I use 2 programs:

1 DeltaCast EDID Editor is the most useful and user friendly but it doesn't include HDMI 2.1 info included in CTA-861-G - for example it doesn't know about 8K VICs:

https://www.deltacast.tv/media/1145/EEDID_Editor_1.3.10_Setup_Win64.zip

2. Advantiv EEditGold - not quite as user friendly but does include CTA-861-G and will produce (sometimes buggy!) reports:

https://ez.analog.com/video/w/documents/750/advantiv-edid-editor

The Dolby Block is a little more difficult - there aren't any public domain programs to do it and the documentation is covered by NDA too.. But it is sneakily possible to use 2 HDFury devices to read it - load the EDID into one and read the Dolby Block with the other...

Nice Monkey and Sledgehamma like this.
  10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

oh those corporate secrets ....

11. modimu

modimu New Member

Hello. Sorry for my english:oops:
    Maybe you can help me
    I have old 65UF860V LG TV because I love 3d.
    For playing 3D films Zidoo is good.
    But when I`m trying to start 4K video with Zidoo Z9X from my storage I do not see switching to HDR mode on my TV.
    And when I`m trying to play the same 4k film directly with native LG player, I see switching message on TV.
    During video playback from Zidoo Info shows output mode: 3840x2160p @ 23 Hz yuv444 12bits itu 709
    I noticed that in EDID menu there are some regimens of 4K and messages that DV not support, HDR not support, 3D support.
    Does it means that Zidoo do not recognize my TV as HDR supported?
    Maybe there are any ways to enforce Zidoo to send HDR signal?

12. Markswift2003

It seems that is what is happening.

Can you go to the EDID screen and "Save EDID"

This produces a .bin file. Rename it to .txt and post it here and I can tell you for sure.

13. modimu

modimu New Member

Thanx for response:)
    Here is my file

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  14. Markswift2003

Well that explains it - there's no HDR block in the EDID

The EDID report is attached.

If it supports HDR via HDMI you'd expect to see something like this in the report:

Extended Data Block #3
    HDR Static Metadata
    ET_0=True ET_1=False ET_2=True ET_3=True ET_4=False ET_5=False
    SM_0=True SM_1=False SM_2=False SM_3=False SM_4=False SM_5=False SM_6=False SM_7=False
    Desired Content Max Luminance = NA
    Desired Content Max Frame Luminance = NA
    Desired Content Max Luminance = NA

It's very odd though because it is a 600MHz EDID (HDMI 2.0) so I wonder if there is a setting you have switched off - I don't know if LGs have something similar.

Samsung TVs have something called "UHD Color" which activates HDR so have a look in the settings for the TV - I don't know if LGs have something similar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Make sure your TV HDMI port is for HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color in LG setup.

16. Markswift2003

That'll be the one!

17. modimu

modimu New Member

Yes, I have Ultra HD Deep Color setting, and Zidoo is connected to according HDMI, but changing of this parameter does not influence the EDID data in menu. There is still HDR not support.
    Is it possible to add HDR support to my TV EDID file and load it to Zidoo menu?

18. Markswift2003

Yes - hang on a minute ...

19. Markswift2003

Try this:

https://mega.nz/file/FGxGhAgC#SseOsnRG-yMDDwkXZZLIc9FtfguBDKKglIYY0akk5RY

modimu likes this.
  20. modimu

modimu New Member

Thanx a lot for your participation, Markswift2003
    After loaded file I have seen HDR support in EDID menu!!!
    I left HDR options auto and started 4K movie
    After movie started message HDR 10 in the left upper angle appeared and info shows YUV420 12 Bits BT2020 HDR10
    But there still no message from LG about HDR switching
    Picture is good but with my native LG player colours are more saturated
    I guess we will stop with attemptings to get message from TV, because even EDID correction did not change the situation?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.