Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2021.

1. maglione

maglione Member

Same for my with all my movies with DOLBY VISION. Stuttering, freeze, back to desktop.

2. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

do factory reset ?

3. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I didn't expect that the firmware download speed is lightning fast.

I'll give the firmware a test tonight.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

just watched London has Fallen Mkv , Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU,

First Fel Movie thats played through in DV
    played smooth , no stutters or freezes and audio all in synch

Very impressed so far , thanks Zidoo team

ill try a full movie full thru tonight see how it goes

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Even do a full power off wait 2 mins then re try

i found with .110 and .115 f/ws both were unstable after the install with stutter etc until i did a full power off on both f/ws

V2 just worked fine for me , as above post , but Zidoo had had full power off b4 movie was watched

6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi do you know what program do I need to convert a DTDL mp4 into a STDL mp4 or mkv ?
    Or do I need the uhd disc again and use makemkv ?

Thx for any help

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am still waiting for anybody who compared DV BD ISO PQ with an Oppo UHD-203/205. ;)
    Will do that myself someday too but not now as I need to do this on a friend's setup.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan Member

Is this real or fake? If real change the title :)

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can use TSMuxer to convert the MP4 to ISO and then MakeMKV to convert the ISO to MKV STDL.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

It's 100% real - it refers to a joke in the FEL thread.

Dan likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Sorry - that was an internal beta - the changelog refers to changes since v6.1.15

12. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

With this firmware I was watching a WEB-DL DV file with Dolby digital plus Atmos last night and it was getting audio desync on resume (resume from stop). I had to keep pausing/playing to get it to sync back up. Also it has delayed audio on playback something that didnt seem to happen in older firmwares (ignoring the most recent few).

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Just finished Mission Impossible 1 BDHM image with FEL Codec: dvhe.07.06 BL+FEL+RPU

Played smooth ,no stutters , no audio issues , this is only a 5.1 so maybe not the best test

bed time more testing tomorrow :)

14. robijs2008

robijs2008 New Member

I'm not an expert in this area, but I prefer a Zidoo picture.

15. Nice Monkey

Interesting.

I am convinced and just traded in my Philips for a new model with HDR10+ and DV. :)

Sledgehamma and Markswift2003 like this.
  16. Markswift2003

Nice!

17. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Congrats! May I ask which one?

18. Nice Monkey

Philips 55POS9002 swapped for a Philips 55OLED805

Used to work for Philips and really like Ambilight. It was a choice between Panasonic or Philips for me (Sony ?). Requirements: OS Android TV, HDR10+ and DV
    Use it as a monitor so tuners and Audio Quality was not relevant. I prefer Android TV for best APP support including running Netflix and other streaming services.

Delivery next week and will for sure then also compare my Zidoo with my Oppo for PQ.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  19. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Nice TV ;)
    Just make sure to get it calibrated as Philips default settings are absolutely horrible and make sure to let the Zidoo send HDR10 meta data as the 05 series uses it for tone mapping.

20. Nice Monkey

Thanks for the advice will do that!