Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hi Sam,

With the exception of the 76 minute issue as detailed here (which the Dune shares), there are currently no issues playing DV MKV I'm aware of:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...t-approx-1h16m-multiple-titles-updated.86453/

Although this is being worked on.

There were some issues early on but they've been ironed out but they certainly didn't cause the box to crash.

I also have a Dune Pro Vision Solo which does seem somewhat less stable than the Zidoo - very easy to cause an unrecoverable crash.

These boxes are always in constant development - that's the beauty of them - this is pretty leading edge stuff and certainly not a safe and easy route that the big manufacturers take, so it really is constant iteration of features and improvements. I know this frustrates some people, but it's always been part of this side of the industry from day one.

I don't know of a way to go from MKV Single Track Dual Layer back to ISO I'm afraid, although I've not looked into it - maybe ask on the MakeMKV forum?

Interesting hypothesis by the way ;)

2. Markswift2003

Lol :)

3. Sam135

Sam135 New Member

Many thanks for your Swift respose Mark! Greatly appreciated. If i find any solutions i'll post them otherwise i may be buying the next Zidoo that rolls off the conveyor.

Buy the way i was sold on the Dune as it does FEL and MEL playback for all ISO (and is very good). Does the Zidoo have that capability?

4. Markswift2003

Not yet, but I believe it's on the way.

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

You should be test it. support UHD BD ISO DV now. And more compatible than competitors

xskip and leonkoum like this.
  6. Markswift2003

Haha! You didn't tell me that :)

Will test today!!

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

8. Markswift2003

Slippers rock!

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Let's get him a pair of these: -

AC DC Slippers.JPG

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

11. kergaz

kergaz New Member

I confirm that with the latest firmware, in a full blu-ray rip (LoTR) it can do Dolby Vision (shows up the DV logo in my LG CX), something that was not happening with the previous firmware

12. Goodmorning everyone........... I downloaded and installed the latest Firmware (April Fool's) My problem is that, unlike all previous firmware, in the Dolby Vision part, I put "Auto" and practically the DV was enabled on DV contents, on the others, it followed exactly the characteristics of the various contents. Now this does not happen anymore, if I put "HDR mapping" (which logically should follow the contents, all the calibration with the probe that I have done gets crazy. If I put "Auto" as in previous firmware, I still enable the DV even with non-DV content. Since I prefer to see the contents like this, how was it done, now how do I go about getting to this ??????? Thanks in advance

13. Markswift2003

Not sure what's going on there.

Firstly "Mapping HDR" converts all content to HDR10 using the Realtek engine - this is fine for HDR10 content but it does a bad job of converting SDR to HDR. I would not recommend using it unless all your content is HDR10.

I just checked Auto and it works fine for me - all content is output in its native format.

Have you tried a hard reboot using the rear switch?

andreamusso.am likes this.
  14. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

15. Markswift2003

The on/off power switch on the back.

16. No, I have not tried ............ What bothers me the most is that I would like to see the contents as they were made, but now, I have to see them in DV also on Auto. It is not possible that a person must necessarily see the DV if the content does not provide for it. Dolby Vision, on non-DV native content, is not synonymous with video quality ...........

17. Markswift2003

With HDR set to Auto you will only see DV if the movie is DV - Auto will always output the native format so if yours isn't doing that then something else is wrong...

18. I too thought so, as it was also in the previous firmware, however, yesterday, after installing the latest update, if I set the HDR to "Auto", the DV logo appears on the screen at the beginning of the film. I don't know what to think ....... Would you recommend a "return to the first Firmware" and then reinstall this (6.2.0), or the one just above) ........... Thank you for being so patient with me, Andrea.

19. Markswift2003

I assume you have tried a full reboot now with the switch on the back?

If so, it must be a DV film for that to happen - have a look at the properties in Media Info.

20. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I had a similar problem caused by a bad ripped or broken dolby vision mkv file. The player was still in dolby vision mode after stopping the video. A reboot doesn't fixed it.
    Only disconnect the player from the power supply and wait 5 minutes solved it