KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

"Shield uses standard Android sdk" is only device with this "standard", that explain is why Kodi developer fixing every time when Nvidia release new firmware. :).
    But to discuss about how standard "IEC61937" it was integrate on Android SDK start with Android 7 and who it's use are offtopic on that forum.
    Enjoy Zidoo as it is.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

One thing i have noticed using again Kodi for the first time in ages
    Is that my Movies seem Brighter and sharper than using H.T.v4 and if memory serves me correct it always has done on my set up even going back to X10 .

3. park13

park13 New Member

Just confirming, is there ZDMC 19 version?

4. DELUCAS

Not yet
    As its so new out
    Latest still is Zdmc18.9

5. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

A strange thing, when I launched ZDMC yesterday, I got a message that there is a newer version 19, and I have not found it anywhere on the Zidoo website, it looks like it was a Kodi message, not ZDMC. I don't have Kodi installed.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I use HT and ZDMC all the time. I have my best 3D and HDR movies in Home Theater and all the rest in ZDMC 17.8 if I remember correctly ;) The message about newer version of Kodi is popping up once in a while. It's probably buried deep in Kodi code to check up on newer version once in a while. Zidoo guys didn't rewrite Kodi into ZDMC. They just inserted links for external Zidoo Player change the front page and called it ZDMC ;)

7. DELUCAS

MATRIX 19.1 KODI

CHANGELOG

Video

• Fixed: HDR metadata is now detected in VP9 profile 2 streams and can be used on platforms that support HDR passthrough or tone mapped when playing this kind of videos.
    Discs

• Fixed: playback of optical DVDs in Linux
    • Fixed: BD-J Blu-ray chapter skipping via remotes/keyboard
    PVR

• Fixed: context menu not accessible in PVR Guide window when using very basic remote to control Kodi
    • Fixed: client channel name and number not persisted when changed
    • Fixed: play count and resume position of recordings lost after Kodi restart
    • Fixed: crash while browsing the EPG when MySQL is used as EPG database
    • Fixed: next recording on … label time is not localized in Estuary Timer/Timer rules window
    • Fixed: channel manager does not rename backend channel
    • Fixed: playing archived programme not selected when opening the Guide window
    • Fixed: GUI not updated on removal/insert/hide/unhide of channel groups
    • Updated: improved look of PVR windows in Estuary
    Music Library

• Fixed: issue with music from cuesheets where only the first track was being added to the library on rescanning, with the rest being deleted
    JSON-RPC

• Fixed: PVR – Reintroduced broadcast properties ‘hastimer’, ‘hastimerrule’, ‘hasrecording’, ‘recording’
    • Fixed: PVR – Reintroduced channel property ‘isrecording’
    Subtitles

• Fixed: detection of system fonts (directwrite) on windows for ASS subtitles
    • Fixed: detection of user fonts (in userdata/fonts) for ASS subtitles
    • Fixed: rendering of semi-transparent ASS subtitles on Wayland
    GUI/Interface

• Fixed: media flagging for DVD/BluRay
    Web Interface

• Updated: Chorus2 based on community contributions
    Filesystem

• Updated: enable filecaching by default for network filesystems
    • Updated: improve filecache error handling
    Network

• Updated: improved reliability for HTTP and NFS network filesystems
    Windows specifics

• Added: support for WS-Discovery protocol that enables locating SMB servers and browsing shared folders using SMBv3.
    • Added: debug Info OSD Video. Extends current Debug Info Player (Ctrl+Shift+O) with new video-only info (Alt+O)
    • Fixed: with some unusual streams, incorrect HDR metadata could be passed (HDR10 passthrough).
    • Fixed: green screen on systems with old HW (DX feature level 9.1) playing 10-bit videos.
    • Fixed: black screen with Software render method and with DXVA2 hardware acceleration disabled.
    • Fixed: green screen when playing the menu of some DVDs (MPEG2 SD only).
    • Fixed: credentials being requested for anonymous SMB shares
    • Updated: VC runtimes included in the installer to add compatibility with VS2019 and VS2017 at the same time.
    Android specifics

• Fixed: SMB shares mounted on system level not visible in Kodi
    • Fixed: SMB shares labelled with cryptic numbers (UUID) instead of actual disk name
    Xbox specifics

• This version also brings 19.1 to the Xbox – while 19.0 has been in the Microsoft Store since launch, this was Windows-only while we found a way to adequately test the new release on Xbox. We’ve fixed that now, so Xbox users will automatically upgrade from 18.9 to 19.1 if you’ve got auto-update enabled. It’s worth mentioning that there’s a known memory limitation – present in 18.x as well – that causes Xbox application crashes with 4k content, so please be aware.

8. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Sadly still not supported ‘4K content’ for Xbox S/X yet… :(

9. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning
    No news for ZDMC 19.1 Matrix?
    Thank you

10. DELUCAS

Not yet .

11. DMD

DMD Member

As soon as the new version is released (19.1) purchase the Z9X model in order to transfer all the data base of Kodi 19.1 installed on other obsolete Android box (Himedia Q10 Pro).
    It is possible to transfer the "addons" and "userdata" folders in Zidoo's ZDMC root?
    Thank you very much

12. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

you can install regular kodi on the z9x, in the version of your choice. and have zdmc installed as well.

13. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you
    Very kind for confirmation.

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Doubtful it’ll ever happen - ZDMC was deprecated in favour of HT and although a couple of further builds sneaked out, I’ve been told there is unlikely to be any further development.

15. DELUCAS

Wait & see Mark you never know …….
    But matrix 19 runs on my Zidoo with limits and the basic functions for watching some old Star trek .

16. DMD

DMD Member

I didn't know, thanks for the information.
    This is very important to me, if it will no longer support ZDMC (Kodi) I will avoid buying it.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Thing is these are not and have never been "Kodi boxes" - if that's your bag you look elsewhere
    Thing is it's not a Kodi Box and never really was. ZDMC was used as a wrapper before HT was developed but since then all development has shifted into HT. If you want to go down the Kodi route the best bet by far is a Shield, although you lose all the DV/VS10 functionality of the Zidoo (The latest Shields obviously support DV but not with anything close to the flexibility of the Zidoo).

18. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

After all, ZDMC / KODI support is certainly important for many users, including me.
    I hope that the ZDMC currently used will not cease to function. It would be a big inconvenience.

19. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Same for me too. I'm a daily ZDMC user...

Mariusz likes this.
  20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I like to switch every now and then