My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Gatecrasher,

I have a problem with 3D iso when I use the BD menu.

I don't have any problem with the SMB

I can play my UHD video files without any problem.

Sorry I don't have any files below Full HD and I have no problem with forced subtitles that I use when needed.

2. OlivierQC

Hello,

New HDR options with FW 6.1.10, as well as an option concerning the EDID reserved for the professional...

At some point, we must realize that too much is like not enough.

I salute the gesture of Zidoo to offer many options but it may put off more than one user

We will be told to choose the one that seems the most beautiful to us I guess...

------------------

@mirror,

With my Sony LLDV TV, can I use this option or not ?

Will this option help me to have a better picture or not ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

5. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

My zidoo z9x found a new firmware update (ver.6.1.05) but I don't want to install it because this updates doesn't affect me.The problem is I can't get rid off the update message when the device boots.Is there any way to change that?
    Also when I go to the About menu the only button available is the Update button.Any help?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

On my Z9S I've a checkbox for this.
    Screenshot_20210322-082858.png

kirkinezi likes this.
  7. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

8. kergaz

kergaz New Member

I confirm that with the latest firmware, in a full blu-ray rip (LoTR) it can do Dolby Vision (shows up the DV logo in my LG CX), something that was not happening with the previous firmware

9. OlivierQC

10. OlivierQC

My opinion about the new FW 6.2.5

Zidoo devices are now compatible with different Dolby Vision video file formats offering improved image quality compared to HDR and honestly the difference is immediately noticeable without
    having to make a comparison with the same movie in HDR version on my Sony TV.

In the last few days I had the opportunity to check if the fix for the "problem of the 76th minute" was resolved and I used my Z9X for that.

Note:

I am using a Gigabit Ethernet network with an entry level NAS that is in the basement, the RJ45 cable runs through a Dlink switch that serves several devices including my Z1000 PRO and my Z9X.

My TV is a 77A9G and uses LLDV.

I use Markswift2003's advice for my settings which are available on my thread.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-work-in-progress.86630/page-6#post-149370

I checked movies in MP4 DV, MKV DV and ISO DV with various bitrates (the highest being 95.7 Mb/s).

[​IMG]
    I also tried several times the pause/fast-forward/rewind functions and nothing to report.

I didn't have any problem of audio/video synchronization.

Reminder :

As stated in the previous FW 6.2.0 changelog, BDmenu with DV ISO is not supported at the moment.

-------------------------

As usual I will only talk about my experience related to my equipment and my viewing habits.

Currently, all the Dolby vision video files I have seen work properly, I would even say that everything is perfect in my case because I do not have any particular problem to complain about.

In summary, and this is only my opinion...Zidoo has done a good job and I consider this problem solved.

To date, whether it is with movies or TV shows and whatever the video and audio format, everything works and this only confirms what I have already said several times about the latest generation
    Zidoo devices, It is one of the best choices for those who want a device to use it with their local network or an external HDD.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    JohnG, xskip, Superdog and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Almost solved. ;)

Would be nice if it worked with BD Menu too, but good news. A bit more of patience is due. :)

12. OlivierQC

Hello Nice monkey,

In fact the decision was made by Mirror before FW 6.2.0 was available and there was no mention of BDmenu support with DV ISOs so I don't take it into account because it's not like it was available with 6.2.0 and it didn't work :)

13. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Settings FW 6.2.5

A lot of buyers like it when it's simple and they don't have to spend an hour in the settings.

Here are the settings for users who want to get the most out of their Zidoo devices as quickly as possible.

Note: If you use the Display/HDR/Auto option, everything is displayed in its native format and is usually the best choice.

-------------

Here are my settings which are appropriate with my equipment and with which I am satisfied, but which will perhaps not be appropriate for you.

[​IMG]

-------------

Additional settings are available depending on your personal preferences or due to the limitation of your TV

-------------

Here is the link of the Markswift2003 thread to understand all the different settings of the Zidoo devices, I recommend you to have a look at it.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players.82695/

-------------

See you soon

JakeA likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

For those who read my threads and reviews generally know that I am very satisfied with the Zidoo boxes and can also read other threads of people who do not have good results and even sell their box because they are not able to see a single movie without having a problem...

I also regularly see on forums or social networks people wondering if their network/NAS setup will work with a Zidoo device regardless of the model... but there are many factors come into play that one person's experience will not be the same as another even if they had the same equipment.

I decided to add to my threads dedicated to Zidoo devices a section that will show my network setup and equipment.

this's my experience for what it's worth...

-------------

I am on Bell Canada with a Gigabit Fibe package.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is the model of ethernet cables that I use with all my installation, I have different length of cable of course.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is a representation of my network installation
    [​IMG]

-------------

My hard drives are old Seagate external drives that I disassembled a few years ago and used in my DS218J and in my Orico 9558ru3 with my old Zidoo X9S in 2017

[​IMG]

My Orico 9558ru3 not working anymore I just replaced it with a Synology DS418 Value.

[​IMG]

My 3 NAS are in SMB/EXT4 format and I have no protection enabled in Synology's software and I use them for storage and nothing more..

DS218J / jbod 2x8Tb
    DS418 Value / jbod 3x5Tb + 1x8Tb
    Personal Cloud Seagate 1x5Tb

[​IMG]

-------------

The router, my PC and my NAS are in the basement of the house connected by a CAT 6 rj45 cable (approximately 70 feet long) that runs....

[​IMG]

...along the outside wall and goes to the opposite side of the house in the video room on the 1st floor of the house connected to a D-Link DGS-108 8-Port Gigabit that dispatches the signal to my 2 Zidoo devices, my TV, and my receiver.

[​IMG]

-------------

With this equipment and the way I use it, I have no problem playing any video file format (which is compatible with the Zidoo of course).

For the moment the highest bit-rate I have had is about 95.7 Mb/s with a movie.

I use SMB and have never had a problem.

For those who like tests even if it's not representative of normal use, I tried JellyFish files and all the ones I have work properly

[​IMG]

-------------

This gives you an idea of my complete installation and not just the Zidoo next to the TV pictured on my threads

I hope you didn't waste your time reading my message and that it will help you in your choices.

See you soon

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    xskip and Mariusz like this.
  15. OlivierQC

[​IMG]
    NAS SMB Tutorial

I am not an expert in NAS setup, my method is basic but works.

I have always used SMB with my Zidoo devices.

There are certainly better tutorials out there and I invite you to look on the internet for more information on all the possibilities Synology's DSM offers.

Thank you

----------

At the bottom of the page, there is a link to download the Zidoo tutorial which explains in addition to the SMB, the setting of your Synology with the NFS.

----------

let's start

Open "Synology Assistant" and start a search.

Your NAS will appear and double click on the one of your choice.

DSM of Synology will open

[​IMG]

DSM is open, click on ''Panel Control''

[​IMG]

In Panel Control click on ''File Services

[​IMG]

Select SMB and click on ''Advanced Settings

[​IMG]

In this window you have the choice to select SMB1 or SMB 2, it is your choice knowing that SMB1 is not recommended anymore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then click on the tab ''Advanced'', check the following options and that's it for this part

[​IMG]

Click on ''Share folder'' and ''Create''

[​IMG]

Enter the name you want to give to your folder and a description, you can also uncheck ''Enable Recycle Bin'', click on next a few times...

[​IMG]

...To this screen and click on ''Apply''

[​IMG]

Your sharing folder ''TV Show'' is created

Click on ''Edit'', ''Permissions'', ''Permissions'' and check the box as shown on the image ....

[​IMG]

it is finished

[​IMG]

By going to the panel ''Network'' of win10, our folder ''TV Show'' is here, it is perfect.

[​IMG]

Then, you are free to modify / edit other options, there are many tutorials on the internet.

----------------

let's open HT4.0 and I will create a new source with the folder ''TV Show'' available on my NAS D418 Value.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I select the ''TV Show'' folder

[​IMG]

I enter the Username and password I use for my Synology DSM

[​IMG]

I am in the folder ''TV Show'', it is empty, I did not put anything in it

[​IMG]

Here is my way of doing things, hoping that I have not wasted your time and that it will help you.

----------------

NAS SMB Tutorial and NFS Sharing Setup

By Zidoo

Zidoo thinks of you and offers an excellent tutorial to download to configure a Synology NAS in SMB or NFS according to your preferences.

Download link :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGoe-zmd6xeL445he_ypZV3PFl1Fks90/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  16. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

3 solutions to have access to your Zidoo from your PC with the option ''SAMBA SERVER'' of your Zidoo device

First part

Here is my way to have the ZD_SAMBA available on my Network page.

It's not recommended because of the lack of security as we use SMB1, but on my private network I don't think it's a problem, plus the performance would be better using SMB2...

But so far all my video files and my test files like jellyfish are running without any problem.

Open ''Windows features''

Go to ''SMB1.0/CIFS files sharing support'' and activate this function

Reboot the computer

Go to the ''Network'' page and do a refresh if needed

ZD_SAMBA will appear and you will have access to your Zidoo and your storage units connected to it

Obviously do not forget to activate the ''SAMBA SERVER'' in the options of Zidoo

[​IMG]

That's it & that's all

2nd part

Here is another way to do it, it is proposed by Zidoo and by other members of the forum including McBluna who made a tutorial on his blog if I am not mistaken.

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/

--------------

Here is my way to do this second solution.

But I have to admit that I don't know this solution very well and there may be a better way to do it.

Enter the IP address of your Zidoo device in the Network page of Win10 like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Press ''Enter'' and the share folder appears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you can make a ''Map network drive'' as you want

[​IMG]

--------------

3rd part

Alternative solution

Go to "File Explorer" and right click on "This PC"

Click on ''Map network drive''

[​IMG]

Enter the line : \ZD_SAMBA\Share\
    [​IMG]

Click on "Browse"

Select "ZD_SAMBA\SHARE

[​IMG]

Click on "Enter".

[​IMG]

The Zidoo is available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it & That's all

See you soon

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  17. OlivierQC

Why choose a Zidoo RTD1619DR?

[​IMG]

Zidoo's previous generation of devices have proven their quality and the new generation is no exception, retaining all the qualities of their predecessors while adding new features.

Currently, the Zidoo system is one of the best choices, there is no major issues and the main characteristic of Zidoo products is to focus on local video playback, and they do it very well.

Zidoo is looking to the future to provide you with a multimedia system that will allow you to enjoy the new video formats available, but Zidoo is not forgetting those with older TVs (depending on your TV's capabilities) that do not support the new formats.

Whether it's for advanced users who own a previous generation Zidoo box or for people who are new to the Zidoo ecosystem, this is currently one of the best choices.

------

Choosing this generation of Zidoo multimedia box, it is also to perpetuate your purchase when you will replace your old TV by a new model... Why ?

The excellent ''VS10 engine'' allows older generation TVs that are not compatible with all the new formats (Dolby Vision for example) to improve the image depending on the capabilities of your TV to give you a show that will make you realize that your old TV still has potential.

You already have a recent TV or you plan to change it in the next months... The support of the latest video formats like Dolby Vision will allow you to enjoy your new TV in the best possible condition.

---------------

Movie poster management system

[​IMG]

Let's not forget their ''Movie poster management system'' that Zidoo improves with each new FW, Posterwall has customization options that will allow you to have your own exclusive HT4.0.

You can consult this thread dedicated to Posterwall which will give you an overview of its different features
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/movie-posters-management-system-work-in-progress.87599/

---------------

Some features are not working properly...there are some irritants...you think, They have to be kidding...

[​IMG]

The teams in charge are working hard and it's sure that it will not be done by snapping fingers, but the motivation of the zidoo team mobilized is able to respond and a word of encouragement from time to time lets them know that we support them, that's my point of view.

But I also understand that some people think that when you buy a device you should be able to enjoy it without having to do what I say above, but is there a perfect Android OS/TV multimedia device? ....well honestly I don't think so but some companies are doing better than others and Zidoo is one of them.

This forum is like a community...a group that takes pleasure in participating and it's also very active, there are exchanges every day and dedicated people like Markswift2003 among others who answer a multitude of questions...(poor Mark I wonder how he manages to do all that) but he's not the only one, there are plenty of other members who do the same thing.

---------------

If you decide to buy a Zidoo device and join us on this forum, there is a very good chance that you will not regret it.

OlivierQC

18. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

Hello everyone, sorry for my English. I have a question with the subtitles on the zidoo z9x.

I would like to know if in the latest firmware you can change the brightness or opacity in HDR and DV subtitles, in iso or folders with menus or without menus.

I have an OLED tv and the subtitles are too bright in hdr and DV and it is annoying for me.

I hope someone confirms that it can be done because for me it is very important to know this and decide to buy it.

Thanks

19. OlivierQC

Hello Ankhilion,

I never use subtitles, but after checking and with the FW 6.2.5, I can choose a color in shades of gray for example or vary the brightness depending on the type of subtitle.

I have an Oled TV and in both cases with a Dolby Vision movie, I had no problem of subtitle too bright after using the options available in the menu for subtitles.

I hope this will help you

[​IMG]

See you soon

20. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

Thank you very much for the reply.

Be sure that mkv files can be changed, the question is when playing the movie with BD menu.

If you can adjust the brightness in the subtitles for me it is enough.
    I am Spanish and I watch everything with subtitles and for me it is important.

thank you very much again