Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I do not use the Zidoo Bluetooth remote by the way ( use alternative on )
    And you can if you wish switch of the backlighting on the remote to reserve batt power .
    Its not often it looses sync by the way .

maybe next gen Zidoo uses Bluetooth v5.0.

godalmighty and Thanos like this.
  2. Arthur99

Arthur99 New Member

This version release on google play ?
    checked on latest google play version as below
    Model: Z9X
    Firmware: v6.0.46_G

3. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i like Z9X remote but it messing with my projector so i use alternative remote minix neo A2 but too bad not all can function
    ie if i use back/return button in HT it cannot function and in BD menu cannot use OK button :(

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

If I may, what alternative bluetooth remote you are using? Is it working smoothly with Z9X? I might consider one myself.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am using a Riitek MX3 RF remote. Cheap and works great with keyboard, microphone, pointer-mouse and all keys programmable IR.
    There is a version with backlighting too but that ono has only the colored keys programmable and no microphone.

godalmighty and ammar11 like this.
  6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I use the logitech harmony companion remote. It works very well with the Zidoo Z9X and can use keyboard control over bluetooth from a phone. Original Zidoo remote I found was too bulky.

ammar11 likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

ammar11 likes this.
  8. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Hi all!
    I just switched from X9S to Z9X . The improvements on image quality are superb with HDR !
    But ! I really don't want to say but !
    I watch movies over Lan . I was using SMB without any problem with my X9S.
    But since I use Z9X , I have problems at postering with HT .
    I have almost 500 movies in my disks . While at the HT , while it's scanning for the posters, posters don't show up at all ! Maybe just one poster shows up in one minute ! or 2mins. or more ...
    More importantly , I face stuttering issues with SMB !

As I read the comments regarding SMB issues , NFS is more problem free. So now , I am using NFS for lan streaming .
    Please solve this issue as soon as possible .

Keep up the good work Zidoo !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  9. Nice Monkey

Changed SMB problem status to active again as many report it still not working as good as on previous generations. Being a core function this is high priority.

MP6 problems with 24-bit PCM moved to red as the implementation actually made things a lot worse.

FW v6.1.10 (Z9X trial) did not solve anything on list that I am aware of. Please correct me where I am wrong.
    Recognize some items on the change-list though but these were considered inconveniences by me.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  10. Nice Monkey

Update with FW 6.1.15 but no new green there yet. :(
    I observe instead a focus on new features for DV/VS10 and MP6 with Gapless Playback, USB Output and 24-bit PCM.

Please help me updating with checking items affecting you. ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Mariusz likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I wanted to check my DSD files for playback but I had forgot to save my scraping results a couple of weeks ago and when I upgraded the firmware yesterday, I have had to restart scanning again - Grrrrr

But from what you are saying the problems itemised in 3/3a haven't been looked at, which is terribly disappointing :(

12. Nice Monkey

The 24-bit issue (item-3) was looked at but not solved fully as far as I am aware. Handling 24-bit in software is always nasty as processors work with 16, 32 or 64 bit registers. I am therefore not sure that 3a will ever come? Native DSD via HDMI looks like the real final solution to me.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Can I be sure 100% that when I play DSD64 and DSD128 files, that I will be receiving the correctly sampled signal into my USB external DAC ?

14. Nice Monkey

What the DAC displays is what you receive but does not show 16 versus 24 bit PCM. DSD is unambiguous.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Nice Monkey but can you explain in more simple language please. Can you confirm that DSD64 and DSD128 will play as they should do at their respective sample rates (as my DAC displays) REGARDLESS as to what the Zidoo's MP 6 shows?

And then when I play a 24bit FLAC, what will it ACTUALLY play - 16bit or 24bit?

16. Nice Monkey

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry but I'm not asking what it will reveal or display and I'm not interested in your Onkyo.

I am asking what will my DAC receive and pass through to my Receiver

18. Nice Monkey

The answers remain the same. For DSD it is unambiguous (what you see is exactly what you get) for PCM you will know the sample-rate but not the sample-size.

19. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Is zidoo working solve smb problem?
    Do you have any idea?

20. Nice Monkey

No idea but I am sure they are reading this.