Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

For the longest time since the x9s I have been doing this and it works with exception to short titles as that queues the parser to select. ( a shitty bug btw zidoo, fix it! Its been way too long.

For .mkv

Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (Year)(4K)(DTS-HD MA 7.1).mkv
    Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (Year)(HD)(DTS-HD MA 7.1).mkv
    Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (Year)(3D)(DTS-HD MA 7.1).mkv

and for BDMV:

Movie Title (Year)(UHD)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)/
    Movie Title (Year)(BD)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)/
    Movie Title (Year)(3D)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)/

and for ISO:

Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (YEAR)(UHD)(DTS-X 7.1).iso
    Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (YEAR)(BD)(DTS-X 7.1).iso
    Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (YEAR)(3D)(DTS-X 7.1).iso

And for TV Shows: ( I use kodi/zdmc for tv shows)

Tv Title (Year)/Season 01/Tv Title.S01E12.mkv
    Tv Title (Year)/Season 01/Tv Title.S01E12.mp4
    Tv Title (Year)/Season 01/Tv Title.S01E12.avi

I find parentheses cleaner than the dots and it give you more flexibility with renaming in advanced renamer which again does so many different things. File to folder renaming case add tags scan media for tagging moving files, and works with mapped drives but not network shares. also you can save templates for each media job. Its a great utility.

Good Luck!

Clean Zidoo media libraries since 2015, About the only thing that i cannot get functional is tv series on iso discs , they just arent in the databases and i havent seen zidoo do it right yet so i gave up. for asthetics just dump them to mkv. if you feel crazy!

I have used advanced renamer (free) for years) It can do a lot!!!! Even run media info tags. Once it pulls them you can rename them to what HT 4.x wants.

Backing up the HT poster library is recommended often as mentioned yet I still get lazy and forget to do it. Anything Zidoo does, Kodi will pick up with ease btw, Nothing would prevent a kodi scraping of your files once they are zidoo friendly!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. With a device that has been on the market for several years, the situation sometimes seems very sad and clueless to me.
    If not, renaming the file is not necessary.
    When you run a movie in HT (~ 10s), then return to the HT menu, the resolution, Hz, audio information will be updated automatically without the need to rename the files.

# If the file information was updated in the background during the scan, all this would not be needed. Or it can be the first to scan the content, then the info file after.
    Such things bother me the most at ZIDOO, everything works halfway and the user has to finish everything himself. (made for the handyman)

If I had access to the API, or super-root rights in ADB or HT APK surce, I would fix it and you would edit the code yourself.
    Today I started working on a new GUI look, because the original that hasn't changed in the last 7 years has been very tired

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    snapo6, boxerfan, Sledgehamma and 2 others like this.
  3. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I like the wallpapers ! Link ?

4. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Making it clear now / that is a indicator that the first part before the "/" is a folder and the second part is a file name since it has an extension as well on it. My apologies.

Mabon likes this.
  5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I have an idea that might be easier than we think using android maybe.

Could someone write a script that plays 10 seconds of every file on your HT poster wall sources and then resets the watched flag.

Would essentially be a work around for mediainfo, since zidoo won't use it at this time.

It is time we start looking at the exported file on the database to hook in and update perhaps from mediainfo , not nessecarily on the zidoo box. Should be able run it from bash or possibly a docker. Let's start getting creative. I do not have these skills.

Zidoo obviously has a way to do it through HT , We should be able to adapt mediainfo to that database and import, perhaps set it up to run on a schedule off your source directories

6. However, ZIDOO uses MediaInfo, even for HT, but you must first start the film in order for the information about the resolution and soundtrack to appear under the poster.
    [​IMG]

It would be enough to integrate it into the script to use when scanning the file.
    ZIDOO reads the information in HT about the file and it works, it would be enough to integrate it into the script that will be used when scanning the file "nothing more is needed" and to do it is a question of 1 or 3 days. (or during a scan to generate an NFO or XML)

The display of information lasts after measuring between "0.4" → "1.6" seconds max.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

That is true. I forgot about the info screens inside ht. Perhaps we just need a script to autoplay everything upon request to generate the needed Metadata. FYI nothing in the export has anything to do with badges or flags attached to the database. I went through the entire export last night. Just rename the export to .zip and all the directories and files can be opened with either text editor or something like sqlite for the .db files. I wish it was there actually. So media info is being used just to show instant specs and update after preview of media file for 8 to 10 seconds. even if you could get mediainfo to scan it won't know what to do with the info unless initiated by the core of ht. just because you can get mediainfo to scan does not mean it will follow the code of ht. Wishful thinking. Were are the badge entries and codec info stores for the media entries? hopefully not a big blob or data chunk! Maybe its on the zidoo side. The z9x was recently rooted but it would be familiar on the x9s or z9s too I am sure since they both run same front end. for HT 4.x and ate readily available and rooted

8. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

change the logo in the firmware blob. All the pngs are there. make it one you never use or don't have any codes for. I remember reading about this a while back. Again dirty way of doing it but possible to get it back this way.

9. MediaInfo also works in HT.
    - Play any movie that doesn't have labels
    - After a while, you turn off the movie.
    - Return to the menu

And now you can see the corresponding labels "HDR", "4K", "Dolby" etc. with the running fill. No need to rename files.
    Which means it's possible.
    # To state that the new ZIDOO model is 50% faster than the previous model, and then write that the integration of the scan is not possible = ZIDOO is not fast enough does not go together somehow. I understand that for external disks or slow storage, the scan time may be different.

But maybe I misunderstood the text.

10. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

While my new Zidoo Z9x is on a way, I would very much welcome the possibility to scan movies for various metadata (resolution, sound, real duration, etc) before actually play them. I would be a very nice addition, please @mirror ...

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The media info is stored in table VIDEO_INFO column MEDIA_INFOS. It's no readable text, it's a char array length of 6.

[0] = n/a
    [1] = hdr flag
    [2] = 3D flag
    [3] = fps 23.976Hz flag
    [4] = resolution flag
    [5] = codec flag

v4_0_31_database_model.png

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You are all still invited to join the beta test of my Home Theater DB Tool. All you've to do is to send me a pm.

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

I would like to post my thanks to McBluna for creating this tool. I am currently getting to grips with its use and am sure that I am bothering him with all my queries as to its use and the errors that I am coming up against.
    Perhaps we could have a new thread devoted to this tool

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

A little more detail could interest more people!

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes, I could be interested. Whilst I use Music Player 6 for my music, I have adopted the Media File Manager for my Films. MP 6 and HT4 are both hit and miss when you scrape.

16. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

To Quote McBluna's original post of 20/2/2021
    " I'm working on a TMM/NFO to Zidoo loader. It inserts, updates and deletes the entries in the backup file of HT and copies the images to the Zidoo image folder. And more stuff.
    Anyone who would like to participate the beta test please send me a pm."

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes ..... thank you, that I read it correctly, but a little more details of 'how' it works would be welcome!

18. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

I have taken this from McBluna's webpage where he describes the use of the program. I hope he agrees with this

"As input source for my tool I wanted to use the nfo files generated by tinyMediaManager or similar. The tool comes without a gui* and I’ve no plan to add one. This tool reads all supported information stored in Kodi conforming nfo files for Movies and TV Shows and transfers them into a Home Theater library backup file. The tool inserts, updates and delete Movies, Movie Collections, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes.
    You don’t have to rename your files for the Zidoo scraper anymore

To get valid scraping result with the Zidoo scraper in many cases you have to rename your files. With this tool you can leave your files untouched.
    ◆ Use the images for Movies and TV Shows what you want
    ◆ Export Home Theater database to Excel for visualization
    You can get the deviceIds, sourceIds and categoryId from the Home Theater database
    ◆ extended category handling
    You can add or remove videos based on the source or on the filename to or from a category.
    ◆ Automatic mode
    The tool creates a backup file for you, updates it and automatically restores the backup into Home Theater "by the use of a suitably configured config file"

There is also a "manual" command line mode

As I stated If McBluna can add his thoughts or add corrections to what I have posted

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

Oh ! big thank you ........... like this it is already clearer.

20. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Will the DB tool get the proper media labels as well?