ZIDOO Series your NEW Top 3 Features you Want Added Not please Fix Thread !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

I expect the following from zidoo

1. full java support
    2. real dolby vision
    3. generally better stability of settings

Cyclion likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Note : many have Home cinema Receivers so dont actually need a hdmi out / hdmi Audio out for the Movie side of things
    So 1 hdmi out will do .
    But agree id rather have 2 Hdmi out / Hdmi Audio out than the recording function hdmi port which i have never used .
    Maybe on the next models it may be introduced or all Three ?

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Could you explain why please? What would the connections be?

As you know, probably, I use a Vertex2 which amongst a whole lot of other stuff, acts as a "splitter" - routing the Zidoo's output separately into the Display and then to the Receiver (or sound bar etc). So I'll say again you need 2 HDMI outputs on the Zidoo as otherwise you will get inferior sound quality if you don't have eARC capability on both the display and the receiver or invest heavily in a splitter - the ones that do the job properly are expensive.

4. sagitarius

sagitarius New Member

And if we are talking about future High End flagship, audio analogue gold plated RCA connectors is a must!

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

As said Kenshin, Full Java support would be great.

6. DELUCAS

Your set up is diff to others by the reading of your post .

But with many using method of Zidoo - Av Receiver / 5.1 - Display only req 1 hdmi output with no loss of sound Quality
    We all have diff needs it seems .

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think you need to explain that in more detail. If you mean Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 or Dolby Digital Atmos 5.1, then you'll know that isn't up to the quality of Dolby True HD 7.1 or DTS Master HD MA 7.1 is it? Therefore inferior quality. And this is what we are trying to get across to you.

You are fudging your responses I'm afraid and anyone who has not got eARC equiped Soundbars/Amps/Receivers and Displays, then they need to think carefully how they are going to connect up if they want HD Sound and the really good, I may add, Zidoo PQ.

8. jocek

jocek New Member

Feature I have been missing is to have display calibration option using a reference test screen similar to:
    https://www.burosch.de/ladies-testbild-v-2.html
    It should be available AFTER display settings are chosen; current reference screens looks beautiful with factory settings but when display adjustment is done from menu panel when movie is displayed, so they do not look so perfect, but movie looks much better; written manual how-to should be available too.
    Display settings related to UI must be separated from movie settings.
    Display settings for photo content should be added.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The UHD3000 comes with gold plated connectors already.

10. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

1. Full menu support for UHD
    2. Dolby Vision handling for FEL files
    3. Official root app

fedofed likes this.
  11. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

wishes like: beautiful, young and rich :)

12. DELUCAS

Of course most modern Av Receivers can decode most of the Audio formats mentioned thats obvious
    Christ my 11 year old receiver can do all that apart from Atmos .

For My req & Those that have a Receiver /7.1 or ++ cinema speakers having another Hdmi audio out on the Zidoo wont improve sound for MOVIES via hdmi to the same Av Receiver .

As its all Digital .

( Unless its now deemed there is an improvement in MOVIES Sound ) ?

But as ive mentioned before those that have diff set up / needs for additional add ons would .

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmmm - you seem to be missing the point. 7.1 Dolby True HD Atmos is better than the 5.1 stuff, that's a given. But how the devil do you route it to your receiver if you have no eARC, given the Zidoo only has one HDMI out. The one HDMI out that exists on the Zidoo goes to the Display's in, so how you going to route the sound to the receiver?

So you'll be stuck with 5.1 (lossy) sound if you can enable ARC, unless you have a splitter or eARC on both receiver and TV.

I cannot explain it any better than that.

14. DELUCAS

For my personal req :

I do not have a TV Never Owned one i have a all Prof Monitors ( No inbuilt speakers ) All hdmi goes in to Receivers One to Monitor only !
    i do not use eARC
    Do not use CEC
    Do not have atmos even though i have enough speakers for it
    Can take advantage of all Audio formats not Atmos at moment .

as i said everyone has diff equipment / req needs .

15. videobruce

videobruce Member

There is no reason why it can't have both HDMI audio out AND HDMI in, especially since the chipset supports it.

AFA fixing things; (unless it was) proper aspect ratio when playing TV series from DVD's; 16x9, not 4x3!

Ability to turn OFF those damn movie posters that don't work with non movies!

DELUCAS likes this.
  16. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I would like to have the option to set the speed how the images are changing in the screensaver. They change way to fast for my taste ;-)

17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Just putting this out there, just something nice to have. A new remote with the playback buttons reasonably sized, i.e. big. A large Play/Pause button, slightly smaller Stop button, and smaller Next/Prev buttons (but still slightly bigger than other non-playback buttons). They can sell this remote separately, either with or without bluetooth .

18. DELUCAS

Of course it can have all three HDMI ports the new Dune has it in the same size box only thing is that it may push the price bracket up .
    Or do away with the Hdmi in port and replace with Audio Out .
    Think it will tick more peoples boxes id imagine .

fedofed likes this.
  19. Mike SoXxX

Mike SoXxX New Member

Native Tidal, Netflix, HBO apps.
    Roon ready (nost just lie..real!).

20. DELUCAS

NEW Top 3 Features you Want Added Not please Fix Thread !