Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

I have 3 ISO rips of DVD with basically music on them, all Steven Wilson. I don't even think they are DVD-A.

Deadwing
    In Absentia
    Lightbulb Sun

The first 2 on the Z9X. None of the buttons work. Page next or Prev. Audio, subtitle all ignored. Even stop doesn't work, you have to press Home to stop it

The last one the buttons work fine

I have a Dune 4K I and even an ancient D1 and they all play perfectly. I just tested all 3.

pcristi and Mabon like this.
  2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@Gatecrasher I think the best way might be to talk to @mirror and ask him how you can provide a disk as sample so Zidoo can analyze the issue.

3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

the easiest way to do iso and upload to a shared ftp server

4. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, I noticed that some characters are not taken into account in Zidoo Music: "è" and "ê". They are replaced by Chinese characters.

I can take a screenshot if you are interested.

Thx

Mabon likes this.
  5. Tirabol

Tirabol New Member

Confirmed !!
    Downmix HD Audio Output does not work on Z1000 Pro (FW v6.1.05), connected via optical output to a AVR Pioneer.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No Weather APP on mine (UHD3000) at all. That is far worse.

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Mine still loads my city once in ten when the player is started. I would prefer no weather app at all than this bugged one. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  8. Nice Monkey

Was always watching 3 cities with my Z9X so had to toggle them manually anyway. :p

9. papirus

papirus Member

Hello ,

I encountered a problem like this in Zidoo Z9X v6.1.05 software.

While watching Babylon Berlin, the picture suddenly disappeared and the Home Theater App closed. Afterwards, the device returned to the main screen, but the sound of the episode continued in the background.

If you watch the image below with sound, you will realize that the device continues to play the series in the background even though it is on the home screen.

I've been encountering this problem 2-3 times, there is something strange about it ...

10. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I honestly don’t know if it’s the update, but since the latest version I have this info bar popping up all the time.
    I mean this:

it doesn’t make sense. Sometimes it pops up every 10 seconds. Then it’s 30 seconds. Gone a minute end then again.
    It’s all the time. Making it super annoying to watch.
    I checked all my cables, no problems.

Could it be a setting?

Attached Files:

11. Nice Monkey

I don't think that info is coming from your Zidoo? AMP or TV ???

Topdude likes this.
  12. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

No idea.

receiver nor tv were changed.
    I pulled the power cable from all devices, hooked them up again. Problem persists.
    Tv as well as receiver are on latest firmware.

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Your screenshot would suggest that the infobar comes from the device where HDMI input #3 would be active.
    To narrow down on whether the Zidoo update is the problem or other, maybe you wanna check your chain of connections where HDMI 3 is used. And on that device, try both another HDMI input and another HDMI cable. See what happens. Could get you more insight on the issue.

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Dodgy rips will do that - HT4 crashes, but the player doesn't.

15. Markswift2003

Was just about to ask if you had a Sony TV then I looked at your kit list :)

Sonys have a habit of throwing up the infobar like that when they misinterpret HDMI data - I have one that does it occasionally with a Mede8er and an Amazon Fire TV. You can disable it in the TV settings.

16. papirus

papirus Member

It might make sense, because I only eccountered it on the series I'm talking about.

17. Markswift2003

I've seen it a few times, and always just on specific rips.

18. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

I am not sure if this problem you are having is similar to the problem I am having with Z9x.
    The problem I am having is what ever I am watching on the tv suddenly disappears or when I switch out of the Z9X to another input on my receiver the program I switched from is no longer there.
    The problem happens with the HDMI in when recording, the recording stops either while watching the recording or when I switch inputs on the receiver.

19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Are there any news to the .sub subtitle problems (only around 70% shown)? I use .srt for most videos now which do not have an troubles.

20. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

6.1.05 just installed as non-beta and all my DVD are coming up with the normal subtitles coming up as forced subtitles that I can't turn off.

Also can't play any 3D ISO rips, even directly, never mind from play with menu.

Stuttering SMB.

Is there a link to tell you how to downgrade, this release is bad, should have stuck with ...90 release.

Can we get all the basics working before all this Dolby Vision, HDR stuff please. It would be nice if it could do what the steamer I got this to replace can already do.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021