My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Yes, but DUNE makes a selection in a selected format, of the sort that "uses DV that is unique to HDR films".
    Or "Use HDR for SDR movies only". Pour Z9X, si je règle "DV Vision VS10 Engine", par exemple, l'écran est toujours en mode "Dolby Vision".
    After setting DUNE it will stay in a normal environment (like menu, settings, android TV) it will stay in the classic SDR and start the VS10 engine only when starting the movie in HDR.

2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Exactly like Zidoo does.

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

And where can it be configure ?
    When I configure the VS10 engine (for example) the TV goes directly into Dolby Vison mode and it stays in Dolby vision whether in the menu, film, settings, everywhere and all time.
    (I have nowhere to set the VS10 to run only on an HDR or SDR file, for example. When I set Dolby Vison in a movie, turn off the movie, the TV is still in DV display, it does not switch to SDR automatically.).

If I want return to normal SDR display, I have to go back to settings, and turn VS10 off manually. Nothing is automatically triggered.
    For example, DUNA starts DV only when it detects a file in HDR. When I leave the movie, he returns from DV to SDR. And that's exactly what doesn't work for me on the Z9X.

Firmware 6.1.05

Of course thank you for any help.

PS: Your head tells me something, don't you happen to have a avsforum WEB page ? :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. Sledgehamma

Very strange that you dont see these options. I dont remember in which FW this was added.

[​IMG]

I happen to post some reviews on avsforums ;)

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

im only listing 6 options to your 7 v6.1.05

6. Sledgehamma

Are you missing the LLDV option?

7. DELUCAS

Mapping Hdr10 missing
    And lldv missing

but have Auto on bottom ?
    Note i do not have a Dolby vision Display but dont think it make any diff to the settings list .

8. Sledgehamma

It only lists the available settings, that’s why the LLDV options are missing for you. Strange that mapping HDR10 is missing as well. You have a HDR10 TV, though?
    This is a complete list for my options (via Sennheiser Ambeo):
    [​IMG]
    This are even more options (directly to my Philips 804):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  9. DELUCAS

Ah probably why im not seeing your options .......
    Mine is only a 1080p 60 Ref Monitor

But interesting others maybe missing options when discussing things etc

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have a Dolby Vision TV (but not hdr10+) and I don't have as many options either

[​IMG]

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

I guess I misspoke. I meant this setting:
    Code:
    [DUNE Dolby VS10 engine Options] :

- "Dolby VS10 engine for video": use VS10 when playing SDR video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for HDR video": use VS10 when playing HDR video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for DV video": use VS10 when playing DV video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for SDR, HDR video": use VS10 when playing SDR or HDR video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for SDR, DV video": use VS10 when playing SDR or DV video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for HDR, DV video": use VS10 when playing HDR or DV video.
           - "Dolby VS10 engine for SDR, HDR, DV video": use VS10 when playing any video (but not in the main menu).

My TV supports "Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, SDR (IPQ 2.0 Engine) :
    [​IMG]

And now, when I choose, for example, "Dolby Vision Low Latency" the TV is in continuous "Dolby Vision Low Latency" mode.
    And the function you need and ZIDOO does not have it is exactly this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ["Dolby VS10 engine for HDR, DV video": use VS10 when playing HDR or SDR video "]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(!but not in the main menu & Home Theatre, File explorer!).

In short, I don't want my TV to be in DV or HDR mode all the time.
    But that the VS10 only activates when watching an SDR movie, but not in the main menu, not in the HT 4, not in the everywhere and all the time.
    [​IMG]

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The options presented depend on what the TV supports via the EDID - for instance you don't have a "Dolby Vision Vs10 Engine" option since your TV doesn't support Standard Dolby Vision and similarly for 10/12-bit RGB/444 options for LLDV.

13. Sledgehamma

@Thanos:

Sorry mate I'm not sure that I understand you. I was saying that you need to choose the option "Dolby Vision VS10 engine for HDR". What happens then for you? Menu still in DV?
    For me the menu, HT and SDR content is displayed as SDR and when I'm watching HDR it switches to DV.

14. Thanos

Thanos Member

That just doesn't work for me.
    When I set : "Dolby Vison Low Latency" : Everything is DV : movie, menu, HT, setings, file explorer.
    When I set : "Dolby Vison " : Everything is DV : movie, menu, HT, setings, file explorer.
    When I set : "HDR " : Everything is HDR: movie, menu, HT, setings, file explorer.

What I need:
    - "Dolby VS10 engine for SDR, HDR video": use VS10 ONLY when playing SDR or HDR video.

15. Sledgehamma

That sounds like a bug then. What TV do you have?

16. Sledgehamma

Why dont you set "Dolby Vision VS10 engine for HDR"?

The settings you set above work just as intended.

[​IMG]

Thanos likes this.
  17. Thanos

Thanos Member

After restarting ZIDOO and replacing the HDMI cable with premium ones, it works. I don't understand that.
    In any case, as he describes it, it now works.
    Now the TV is in SDR view, and when I play the SDR movie, VS10 is automatically activated, so it now works as it should. Thank you !!

Danke für die Hilfe, mein Freund.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  18. OlivierQC

Hello Mark,

Yes, this is an Sony TV...I should have chosen the LG at the time :)

19. OlivierQC

Hello Zidoo Team,

if you read this message

[​IMG]

This problem is known and already reported in the thread ''Confirmed aggregated problems FW V6.1.05''.

I just want to bring to your attention that there are still a lot of users who have a collection of 3D movies and from what I can read on other forums (French forum), many of them had chosen a Zidoo device at the time,
    and are reluctant to change their old device for a new Zidoo as a result of this issue, despite the fact that they appreciate its other qualities.

-------------------------

I just checked by myself 4 ISO 3D movies with my old Sony 65X930C and Media Center.

Here is a video with my problems by choosing ''play with blu-ray menu''.

Note: 3D works properly when you select ''Play video''.

If I use Ht4.0 it's worse, I have only a black screen after having selected ''play with blu-ray menu''.

For your information :

For each movie I have the ISO 3D and ISO version.
    And with the ''standard'' ISO version there is no problem, everything works properly.

I know you are probably doing your best to solve this problem.

Best regards

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  20. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

None of my 3D ISO play when you press play video. SMB is painfully slow, can't steam any 4K MKV at all. All my DVD ISO playing with forced subtitles. Version ...05 is a major step backwards