My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you!
    • It should also automatically select the next episode when you open the season rather than selecting the yellow (watched) one.
    • Pressing play on a TV show poster on the start page should play the next unwatched episode.
    • On the start page of HT it only shows the backdrop of the first episode and not the episode you are watching
    • When watching an episode and pressing “next” at the end it should play the subsequent episode but it only starts the current episode again from the beginning.

will add some screenshots later.

coyote2 and OlivierQC like this.
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks sledeghamma :)

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Your very welcome OliverQC and thanks for your input on all the Zidoo threads here much appreciated and also My Avforums.com thread .

4. OlivierQC

Thanks Delucas :)

5. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I just updated to 6.1.05 last weekend and ZDMC is finally resuming movies when using the zidoo native player, thanks a lot to the developers ;)

6. OlivierQC

thanks for the information gogo789

7. Sledgehamma

It should also automatically select the next episode when you open the season rather than selecting the yellow (watched) one:
    [​IMG]

On the start page of HT it always shows the backdrop of the first episode and not the episode you are watching:
    [​IMG]
    Progress bar should also indicate the progress of current season rather than the current or last watched episode.

I think the way the backdrop is displayed should be changed as even for recent TV shows the quality can be quite bad like this one. Also no need for the TV badge imho.
    [​IMG]

In case of long TV episode name it gets cutoff. There is no reason for the TV Show Name to be there. If it would just display the episode name there would be enough space.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    DevlopperWEB81 likes this.
  8. OlivierQC

Hello Sledgehamma,

Yes, your remarks make sense,

For my part I would like to know why at the bottom of the page, there is the ''path'' of the video file.... I think there is no need for it.

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

Si, Si ........ it is very useful to know on which hard disk the file is !!

10. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I also have it and I can see in the menu that it can be turned off - but it doesn't work.
    Disabling showing this path does not work

P.S.
    @OlivierQC
    Are you thinking about translating the menu? I would like to help with this but now it is inept - difficult . Error on error .....

11. OlivierQC

Yes I have seen this option and I have the same opinion as you

I did it with mumakil for the X9S at the time, but it was not easy with the French language.
    Mirror seems to be ready to give the tools to do it, but for my part it doesn't tempt me, it seems to me that inikad was interested to do it unless I made a mistake.

12. Claude-rc

Claude-rc New Member

Une nouvelle venue ' DUNE HD Pro Vision 4K Solo '
    C'est la dernière version de Dune qui prend en charge le dolby vision elle est comparable physiquement a la z10 pro de Zidoo.
    sur cette vidéo elle prend en charge les ISO dolby vision.
    Voir et commentez SVP

J'attends avec impatience vos opinions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new arrival 'DUNE HD Pro Vision 4K Solo'
    This is the latest version of Dune which supports dolby vision and is physically comparable to Zidoo's z10 pro.
    on this video it supports dolby vision ISO.
    See and comment please

I look forward to your opinions.

Thanos likes this.
  13. OlivierQC

xskip likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

A reminder to potential Zidoo device buyers and avoid a disappointment.

Zidoo devices are designed for local content and not online streaming and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.

If you want to stream from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV devices or native TV applications will be a better choice.

So i repeat, don't buy a Zidoo device hoping to use it with streaming video services applications.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a media player with great value for money to enjoy your movie collection using your NAS or external hard drives, you can't really go wrong by choosing a Zidoo device.

I've had several brands of multimedia box for the last few years and it's Zidoo that I chose.

See you​

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  15. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

And Iso 3D playing don't work anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. OlivierQC

17. Thanos

Thanos Member

There is a group of users who are having issues with this model "Vision" (Nothing unusual with a brand new model).
    What I would welcome at ZIDOO is the system by which DUNE displays DV and the like :

- "Set Dolby Vison, or LLVD only when starting an HDR movie".

I didn't find this function on the Z9X, either everything still runs on DV, HDR or nothing.

I own only the DUNE 4k II model, the Z9X model was recommended to me on one website, but even after 14 days, I could not eliminate the basic problems I have with the Z9X,even less I will rename all my files to "file.HDR 10.2160p.dolby.5.1.etc" so that HT displays correctly the file resolution, all this is far from professional and serious manufacturer. (sorry)

So I'm waiting for a patch (but I'm not deluding myself). I was also waiting for the Z9S, but after a year I gave it up and sold it.
    Since the purchase, things have stopped working before they are fixed, it started with netflix, subtitles, Google certificat, only L3 in KODI, HT etc
    (I have the impression that the zidoo is spinning in a wheel, and pushes more on marketing than development.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  18. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOLBY VISION OR NOT DOBLY VISION ?????????? MARK SWIFT ????

Thanos likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I could show you exactly the same video doing exactly the same thing on a Zidoo - it depends how the Dolby signal is derived.

20. Sledgehamma

Not sure if I understand you correctly but the option is already there: Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR