Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

ok, Thanks again mark for your time and help,
    I renamed both again and it worked. not sure what the problem was, but it worked.
    I had to search for the first IT, and it found the second. both named with .4k.dolby vision.dolby truehd and it worked.
    thanks so much again for working with me.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Great - glad it's working!

yeah - you picked a perfect storm with that filename ;)

3. Markswift2003

1 - No, they are different - AC-3 is Audio Coding v3 from Dolby (AKA Dolby Digital) and AAC is Advanced Audio Coding - supposed to supercede MP3 but never did.

2 - It's only for Media files!

3 - No idea! Never noticed that before :)

Mabon likes this.
  4. Thanos

Thanos Member

Excuse me boys, but will it be necessary to rewrite all the movies and series every time a new Update is made to recognize them correctly?
    Due to the labels I had to rewrite more than 100 files, now they are recognized in ZIDOO, but it broke my media server Plex and Emby where the files are not recognized correctly.

I assume that it all works in the form of a script that, when it finds a name match in the movie title like "if {find_item_text="*HDR*",* mkv, *.avi, label="HDR";} etc ..)" -- so select the corresponding label? I hope not. MediaInfo is OpenSurce.

Otherwise the labels look nice :cool:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

Sorry - no Dolby Digital + code as far as I know...

6. Is it possible to publish or share the ZIDOO API? Because everything starts to be whatever.
    More volunteers could work on a real algorithm that recognizes HDR or Dolby without forcing the user to rename files manually.

With all due respect to the developers :)

7. Markswift2003

You'd need access to the Realtek SDK and that's confidential unfortunately - particularly now that Dolby are involved.

8. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

hello, Would it be possible to validate the information HDR, DV etc ... directly by HT and not by the name of the file.

9. Media Labels is a new feature that came with "Update Beta", so it is only in the first test phase, a bit of patience.
    Usually, the first test is performed on how the display of labels works for the user, and then the code is gradually applied to obtain info about the codec from the file.
    The next phase will be, in my opinion, the addition of additional labels (which must be created first = it needs work = time is needed)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    MsieurSeb likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

No really - as far as I remember Media Labels were introduced in HT3 - certainly the first documents I received from Zidoo were about a year ago so they may have been in HT2 as well - honestly can't remember!

Since then they have been refined and added to, most recently with Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HDR10 in addition to the existing HDR one.

When the playback engine accesses a file for the first time, MediaInfo is used to parse and certain labels are populated. Those that can't be explicitly categorised can then be added as a badge with file suffixes.

There is a reason MediaInfo can't be called on scraping - maybe we can get some clarity from Zidoo as to why that is since it would make more sense to do it that way and populate the badges on scraping.

11. Any fact agree with you.

When I run the movie XXX.mkv for example, and when I press "info", so I see that the video is HDR, that it has 5 channel sound, chroma, and so on without the need to rename the file to XXX.4K.HDR.5.1.mkv.
    So if I can see this information in "info" (called on scraping), this information can be stored in a variable and then used for a suitable label: 4K, HDR, HDR10, Dolby, DTS, 5.1 and so on.
    (At least it seems like a softer solution to me).

vddan and Mabon like this.
  12. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be great. Zappiti uses mediainfo on the player to populate that info.

Mabon likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

No, but it is selective as to what data is displayed.

In the first instance, it will identify and display the container - in the case of BDMV or Video_TS folders, by the directory structure, or in the case of single files, by the extension.

On playing, it will then add HDR if present and not denoted by a suffix, resolution and framerate, although as you say, only if 23.976 which I'd never noticed (since 99% of my content is 23.976).

Now DV content is becoming more mainstream and with improvements to mediaInfo, I think the logic does need revisiting and tidying up a bit..

Mabon likes this.
  14. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

To call Mediainfo for every video file while scraping is pretty time consuming.
    And Mediainfo don't recognize Dolby Vision.

15. Markswift2003

That's a good point - and also, previously MediaInfo didn't recognise object oriented audio codecs so that would have had a bearing on the decision not to include audio codecs in the badges obtained on playback - that's what I meant about badges being explicitly categorised earlier.

16. To be honest, I scan the library once a month.
    Even if the scan was long, it would certainly be faster than find the informations from each file with mediainfo, and re-write all the titles by hand.

The fact that mediainfo does not gain DV seems to me to be a weak argument. So the solution is not to use anything at all ?! :-D
    So everyone can write whatever they want in the title, whether HDR or Dolby Vison, and HT displays it this way, even if it's not true. "IMHO this only leads to confusion" ..

When a user purchases a device designed to read multimedia, he expects that such basic functions work without interfering with the file name.

17. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yes, good point indeed. Then it’s best to give us an option to use file name or MediaInfo.
    MediaInfo does recognize DV.

18. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello,

I miss the DTS-MA (DTS-HD Master Audio) logo... :(

Thx

19. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The logo is in the apk but for any reason it's not used in the HT code.
    Code:
    } else if (soundTrack.contains("dts")) {
    icon = soundTrack.matches("dts[\\s-_.]?x.*") ? R.drawable.mi_dts_x : soundTrack.contains("hd") ? R.drawable.mi_st_dtshd_hra : R.drawable.mi_st_dts;

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Markswift2003 and Sledgehamma like this.
  20. Markswift2003

That's an easy fix then!